Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > iTunes Visualizer Jaggy

iTunes Visualizer Jaggy
loudpedal
Forum Regular
Dec 11, 2001, 01:44 PM

With yet another issue with my 9.2.1 update, I've since upgraded to iTunes 2. For the most part it's been a good upgrade except that when I turn on the visualizer, the graphics look good while the Apple logo is in the center of the screen but as soon as it fades away, the frame rate of the visualizer drops below 30 fps. All the motion is very jagged and not nice to look at at all.

Also the control strip module won't launch iTunes 2. Worked fine in iTunes 1. Once I launch iT2, I haven't tried to use the control strip to control the app. I'll have to see if that part works tonight.

I tried bumping up the memory allocation by a couple of MB but it didn't seem to have any effect. I also tried deleting everything but my song files and reinstalling. When I went to re-download, it said it downloaded the 3.5 MB file in about 10 seconds. I have a 56K dialup connection. I don't think so... That seemed more than a little strange.

Once again, any help would be appreciated.
"When the light turns green, get off the brakes and stand on the loudpedal!"

tonewheel
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2001, 01:55 PM

I have the same jaggy graphics issue on my TiBook. However, my DP533 visualizes beautifully. Both have been set to use tons of RAM, so I don't imagine that's the issue.

loudpedal  (op)
Forum Regular
Dec 13, 2001, 01:21 PM

Are you using differnt OSs between the two machines? I've heard that 9.2.2 will correct this problem. I know 9.0.4 never had the problem. I don't know about 9.1.
"When the light turns green, get off the brakes and stand on the loudpedal!"

Forum Links
Forum Rules