Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Broken iPod video screen, take apart?

Broken iPod video screen, take apart?
Mobile Mod
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 27, 2006, 10:39 AM

Hey all,

So I accidently broke the screen on my 5th gen video ipod (black 30GB) and I just ordered a replacement screen (with tools) off ebay and they have arrived. I know that you need the special tools to open the ipod, but how exactly do I go about opening it? I have ben searching googlefor days, but no one has anything about the 5th gen ipod... I just need to know how to take it apart and replace the screen. I am guessing that once I get the case off I will be able to figure out the rest, but I don't know how to get that case off.

Any help appriciated,

Justin
AlPB 15" Rev. C (1.5GHz) | 30GB 5G Apple iPod Video | SE S710a

Apple Certified Portable Technician, Apple Certified Desktop Technician, Apple Certified Help Desk Agent

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jun 27, 2006, 08:22 PM

Hey check out http://eshop.macsales.com/tech_cente...directory.html . Right now they don't have any videos for the 5G iPod but they probably will have some up sooner or later. I know it is battery replacement but at least it will show you how to open it up. Hope this helps. Good luck.

agentmouthwash
Forum Regular
Jun 28, 2006, 10:01 AM

I just did the same thing with my iPod Nano. The screen broke and I ordered a new one off ebay with tools. Good luck getting that thing together. I know I'm going to need it.
-Ant
Powerbook G4 1.25GHZ

Forum Links
Forum Rules