Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > how long before white spots? your experience?

how long before white spots? your experience?
bobette
Mac Elite
Oct 29, 2003, 08:10 PM

I just got my 15" ALbook Superdrive, and no visible white spots... up to now.

What's your experience? Where white spots:

a) immediately visible?
b) appear over a certain period of time?

I know this topic is getting annoying for some (just don't read, that's all) but important to others. The sales rep asked me some feedback about this topic.

Thanks bros,

this lounge is a poor substitute to the bbq.

ProLyfic
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 29, 2003, 08:17 PM

Well my girlfriend's powerbook had white spots show up about a 1 1/2 weeks. They are small and not as big as other peoples. She thought that she was safe of the white spots but nope. 2 Small ones popped up. If they do appear, just call Apple and they will repair it. And don't worry about Macwalk, he is just an idiot.

(",)PB12
Oct 29, 2003, 08:19 PM

Originally posted by bobette:
I just got my 15" ALbook Superdrive, and no visible white spots... up to now.

What's your experience? Where white spots:

a) immediately visible?
b) appear over a certain period of time?

I know this topic is getting annoying for some (just don't read, that's all) but important to others. The sales rep asked me some feedback about this topic.

Thanks bros,

Hi bobette, i haven't got mine. But have been doing lots of reading up on white spot issue that's haunting a lot of powerbook users. Apparently the white spots appear in a diamond like shape, there are 4-5 very bright white spots that makes up the shape. Infact there's a post somewhere that released a pic regarding the exact positions of the spots and coincidently most of the ill fated 15 customers all relate to this pattern on theirs.

Next, most customers experience the white spots about 3- 7 days later. rarely have i come across messages that describes users' experience of white spots right out of the box. Tat's all for now.

Anyway how's your 12" holding up? Panther any good?

(",)PB12
Oct 29, 2003, 08:21 PM

oh and yes, you do not have to worry about white spots. I dont' think the 12" are experiencing that much problem with the white spots. Mostly 15"

bobette  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 29, 2003, 08:23 PM

Originally posted by (",)PB12:
Hi bobette, i haven't got mine. But have been doing lots of reading up on white spot issue that's haunting a lot of powerbook users. Apparently the white spots appear in a diamond like shape, there are 4-5 very bright white spots that makes up the shape. Infact there's a post somewhere that released a pic regarding the exact positions of the spots and coincidently most of the ill fated 15 customers all relate to this pattern on theirs.

Next, most customers experience the white spots about 3- 7 days later. rarely have i come across messages that describes users' experience of white spots right out of the box. Tat's all for now.

Anyway how's your 12" holding up? Panther any good?
Thanks my friends. Holding my breath a little bit here, but all's well.

I got the 15" and it's incredible, although Panther is not preinstalled, it's 10.2.7. Bummer.

(",)PB12
Oct 29, 2003, 08:27 PM

Thanks my friends. Holding my breath a little bit here, but all's well.

I got the 15" and it's incredible, although Panther is not preinstalled, it's 10.2.7. Bummer.
Oh my god, real bummer. Another user, MacBear, his came with panther pre installed. Wonder why the discrepancy. Shouldnt' apple show some form of remorse over the delays. hmm....disappointed.

(",)PB12
Oct 29, 2003, 08:29 PM

Oh my god, real bummer. Another user, MacBear, his came with panther pre installed. Wonder why the discrepancy. Shouldnt' apple show some form of remorse over the delays. hmm....disappointed.

bobette  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 29, 2003, 08:32 PM

According to the sales rep it depends on the date the order was placed. In my case sept 19, before 10.3 came out.

I'll get it for 30$ cad via mail though with the upgrade program. it ain't that bad...

iDORK
Forum Regular
Oct 29, 2003, 09:17 PM

4 weeks

(",)PB12
Oct 29, 2003, 09:59 PM

According to the sales rep it depends on the date the order was placed. In my case sept 19, before 10.3 came out.

I'll get it for 30$ cad via mail though with the upgrade program. it ain't that bad...
damn i ordered on the 23rd

bobette  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 29, 2003, 10:09 PM

damn i ordered on the 23rd
I dunno about the white spots, but damn! This is a fine machine!!!

Just in case white sh!t hits the fan, I'll contain myself.

93TT
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 29, 2003, 10:15 PM

1 month and 1 day <BAM> spots!
15" PB 1.25Ghz
14" PB 266Mhz
Biege 333Mhz

Forum Links
Forum Rules