Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Parents are making the switch

Parents are making the switch
auero
Mar 8, 2006, 01:42 PM

I have finally convinced my mom into ordering a powerbook, however. She will be ordering the 15" REFURBISHED Powerbook or the 17" REFURBISHED Powerbook.

I just had a question on if these work well and how they they look. Can there be dents, scratches etc.. how is it cosmetically?

Thank you!

macboy
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 8, 2006, 02:10 PM

A friend of mine got a refurb Powerbook. It was just like new. Came with the box, manuals the whole deal. Refurbished hardware from Apple is like new, has the warranty and everything - only sold cheaper as they are well either returns or repaired new units.

skemple
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 8, 2006, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by auero
I have finally convinced my mom into ordering a powerbook, however. She will be ordering the 15" REFURBISHED Powerbook or the 17" REFURBISHED Powerbook.

I just had a question on if these work well and how they they look. Can there be dents, scratches etc.. how is it cosmetically?

Thank you!
I have bought two Apple refurbished laptops an iBook and a Powerbook and both were great machines. The iBook accidently had the wrong restore CDs I called Apple and they sent me the right set right away, but other than that no problems at all.

Crusoe
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 8, 2006, 08:18 PM

I couldn't tell mine was ever used. Perfect. Rev A 17".
If a group of mimes are miming a forest and one falls down, does he make a sound?

auero  (op)
Mar 9, 2006, 01:41 PM

Thanks for the help I went to check compusa if they had any left at a discount price but they only had the display which was....bleh... so I called apple to make sure about the refurb etc.. He said the powerbooks with scratches and dents get sold to the employees and never go to the public so he said not to worry.

cenutrio
Mac Elite
Mar 9, 2006, 05:45 PM

I got an upgraded Cube plus a 17" apple display with an iSight for my parents house 3 years ago. They just love it and I save some backs thanks to iChat.

Once I get a MBP early this summer, they'll be mobile using my TiPB.
-original iMac, TiPB 400, Cube, Macbook (black), iMac 24ยจ, plus the original iPod and a black nano 4GB-

Forum Links
Forum Rules