Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Clamshell charging station?

Clamshell charging station?
losgatos
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 15, 2003, 11:56 PM

The AC socket on my blueberry iBook is getting wiggly, so it's getting difficult to charge it. I'd hate to part with the thing. It's such a tank.

I remember Apple planned to sell "charging stations" for education users -- they would connect via the two small holes on the underside of the laptop. Can't find any on eBay, though. Were these ever made?

Thanks,
Steve
( Last edited by losgatos; Jul 16, 2003 at 12:08 AM. )

agentz
Mac Elite
Jul 16, 2003, 05:34 AM

Originally posted by losgatos:
The AC socket on my blueberry iBook is getting wiggly, so it's getting difficult to charge it. I'd hate to part with the thing. It's such a tank.

I remember Apple planned to sell "charging stations" for education users -- they would connect via the two small holes on the underside of the laptop. Can't find any on eBay, though. Were these ever made?

Thanks,
Steve
You can get a replacement DC-jack from pbparts.com (about half way down the page) for $79 - its not that hard to fit yourself if you're not afraid to take kit apart - there are plenty of guides around that will help you (try caslis.org - the iBook hard drive page will give you an idea).

There's a place located just outside London, England that will sell the same part for the equivalent of about $45 - it might be worth emailing them to see if they will ship it to you - they can be found here - click on the parts database link and search for part number 922-4982.

HTH
MI5 doesn't do evil. Just treachery, treason and armageddon.

slider
Mac Elite
Jul 17, 2003, 06:42 PM

Nope, I inquired about it a ways back and Apple never produced this nor did any thrid party. I think the new iBooks just came out too fast after the clam shells were release. Wasn't there only one revision of the clamshell? Blueberry/Orange/Graphite====>>>>>>Indigo/key lime/Graphite.

Forum Links
Forum Rules