Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Keynote (09) problem on MBA

Keynote (09) problem on MBA
sra
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 12, 2010, 02:47 PM

Recently my MacBook Air (1st generation, running 10.6.2) has refused to show Keynote presentations that worked fine a while ago. Keynote 09 (5.3) from retail iWork 09 package.
The problem is that with some presentations, it simply cuts some text from some slides, or replaces a text box with one that I can't change and that is only one character wide (and very tall). Some bullets disappear, and clicking to advance to them just goes to the next slide.
Interestingly, the thumbnails on the left are correct, and have all of the slides' content. The editing window is defective, though, as are some of the presented slides.
Another presentation just crashes Keynote when opening: the crash message says it occurred while in "SFWordProcessing.framework plugin" or something similar. Again, this is a presentation that ran fine a couple of months ago.
I have tried removing all Keynote Application and support files and re-installing, and that has no effect.
As far as I can recall, I haven't made any significant software changes on this machine since a presentation where everything worked fine. And the presentations themselves work fine on other machines, including a MacPro (where I edit them) and a colleague's MacBook Pro.
Any ideas? I desperately need this machine to work for regular teaching use....

sra  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 13, 2010, 10:27 AM

I seem to have fixed the problem by re-installing Snow Leopard and all subsequent updates. I'd still really like to know what the basis of this problem is: it's certainly one of the more puzzling situations I've encountered.

schaeker
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 25, 2010, 12:27 PM

I opened the font untility (I do not have an english system, may you call it in another way), cleared all duplicate fonts and disabled Hoefler Text. All "invisible" texts appeared again and the file which crashed worked. I replaced the missing font by an other.

May be there is a problem with the template yet. I made a new one with the new font.

I hope it will work further.

schaeker from Germany

Forum Links
Forum Rules