Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Transmission since Leopard installed

Transmission since Leopard installed
samsontan
Forum Regular
Dec 27, 2007, 02:51 PM

Transmission has been giving me problems when i quit it. It not only doesn't respond once or twice but ever since i installed Leopard osX it has been not responding and i've had to always Force Quite it and consequently prompt about Transmission not responsive and concluding with a click to 'ignore' the notification.

Anyone else with the same prob and know how to solve it?
simple but nice

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Dec 27, 2007, 05:24 PM

It's a known bug, I believe. It actually just takes a ridiculously long time to quit, but I usually wind up force-quitting anyway.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Thinine
Mac Elite
Dec 27, 2007, 06:05 PM

Update to the latest version and you may have a better experience. They have been introducing and fixing new bugs with the NAT-PNP implementation since Leopard was released, so your problem my have something to do with that.

gradient
Mac Elite
Dec 27, 2007, 09:47 PM

Funny, though, because I have no issue at all with Transmission under Leopard. Didn't notice a change at all after i upgraded. Not necessarily a helpful comment but...

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 27, 2007, 09:54 PM

I've found that if I click pause all on all my torrents and then Quit the app it closes. If I just quit it then it normally ends up having to be Forced Quit.

samsontan  (op)
Forum Regular
Dec 28, 2007, 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by Thinine View Post
Update to the latest version and you may have a better experience. They have been introducing and fixing new bugs with the NAT-PNP implementation since Leopard was released, so your problem my have something to do with that.
It is the latest. ok maybe I should try pausing the transfers before quitting it.
simple but nice

Forum Links
Forum Rules