Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > The Hillary Honeypot

The Hillary Honeypot (Page 2)
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 25, 2017, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
His admiration is narrowly targeted.
He admires communism, aka. their entire socio-economic systems, that's not quite so narrow. If I'd known more at the time, I probably wouldn't have voted for him in the primaries.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Aug 25, 2017, 02:26 PM

Again, I'd say there are degrees. He's not a tankie.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 26, 2017, 04:47 PM

We now know why.

45/47

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 27, 2017, 05:41 PM

More honey for the pot. In dismissing a suit, the court acknowledged the DNC rigged the primary for Hillary.
http://www.dailywire.com/news/20271/...ign=benshapiro

Court Admits DNC, Wasserman Schultz Rigged Primaries For Hillary

The Washington Post trumpeted the news: "Florida judge dismisses fraud lawsuit against DNC," read the August 25 headline.

“To the extent Plaintiffs wish to air their general grievances with the DNC or its candidate selection process, their redress is through the ballot box, the DNC’s internal workings, or their right of free speech — not through the judiciary,” Judge William Zloch, a Reagan appointee, wrote in his dismissal of the class-action lawsuit. “To the extent Plaintiffs have asserted specific causes of action grounded in specific factual allegations, it is this Court’s emphatic duty to measure Plaintiffs’ pleadings against existing legal standards. Having done so ... the Court finds that the named Plaintiffs have not presented a case that is cognizable in federal court.”

Ah, but, as usual, the Post missed the mark.

The suit was filed in July 2016 by two Florida lawyers, Jared and Elizabeth Beck, who claimed a massive trove of hacked (or leaked) emails showed that the Democratic National Committee and Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz had secretly greased the skids for Hillary Clinton and actively worked to defeat her top challenger, Sen. Bernie Sanders.

But here's a fascinating section in the ruling, where the judge flat out says the DNC can — and did — rig its own nomination.
“In evaluating Plaintiffs’ claims at this stage, the Court assumes their allegations are true — that the DNC and Wasserman Schultz held a palpable bias in favor Clinton and sought to propel her ahead of her Democratic opponent,” he wrote.

“The Court thus assumes that the DNC and Wasserman Schultz preferred Hillary Clinton as the Democratic candidate for president over Bernie Sanders or any other Democratic candidate. It assumes that they stockpiled information useful to the Clinton campaign. It assumes that they devoted their resources to assist Clinton in securing the party’s nomination and opposing other Democratic candidates. And it assumes that they engaged in these surreptitious acts while publicly proclaiming they were completely neutral, fair, and impartial. This Order therefore concerns only technical matters of pleading and subject-matter jurisdiction," Zloch wrote.
45/47

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 8, 2017, 01:44 PM

Guess whose got 99 problems, but herself ain't one.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 8, 2017, 01:58 PM

Is it possible to name external factors without coming off as declaring oneself guiltless?

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 8, 2017, 02:19 PM

It is, which makes her inability to do so all the more infuriating.

More seriously, the answer is dependent upon whether the external factors are accompanied by internal ones.

Care to place a bet on how she'll fare in this regard?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 8, 2017, 02:36 PM

Did someone review the book and say she poo-poo'd her mistakes?

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 8, 2017, 03:09 PM

If I was aware of that, I wouldn't have offered up a bet.

Betting when you know the outcome beforehand is a sin.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 8, 2017, 03:39 PM

Hang on, gotta go grab some balm for these burns

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 8, 2017, 04:50 PM

Not taking the bet?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 8, 2017, 04:56 PM

The belligerent tact. I approve.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 8, 2017, 05:16 PM

If a taste for belligerence is what you have, I recommend leaving room for the Chef's special "cavalcade of I told you so".

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 12, 2017, 07:42 PM

You have to admit this is funny.
45/47

shmerek
Professional Poster
Sep 17, 2017, 04:21 AM

delete

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 17, 2017, 11:53 AM

Yeah, Hillary tried that.

Heyyyyyyyyy-o!

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 17, 2017, 02:38 PM

Is the Wasserman-Shultz IT guy "situation" part of the honeypot,or does that need its own thread? (especially since the wife has cut a deal to come back from Pakistan and turn herself in, if her plane doesn't mysteriously crash....)
45/47

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 17, 2017, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
We now know why.
President Trump retweets animated meme (via the People's Cube), CNN and other outlets promptly lose their collective minds. This was posted almost a month ago.

Trump retweets People's Cube meme, media has seizures
45/47

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Sep 17, 2017, 08:11 PM

Remind us what happened when Kathy Griffin, a comedian, tweeted a picture of Trump's severed head.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 17, 2017, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
Remind us what happened when Kathy Griffin, a comedian, tweeted a picture of Trump's severed head.
Lets see, ISIS inspired bloody severed head VS apparently you've never seen "Animal House" Doug C. Neidermeyer is sad.
45/47

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Sep 17, 2017, 11:34 PM

I've seen Animal House, but violence is violence. One was a joke shared by a professional joke teller, the other came from the official channel of the office of POTUS. We already knew he has zero class but if the Republicans who called for Kathy's head don't at least tell Trump off, then ... well we already knew they were hypocrites anyway so I guess it changes precisely **** all.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 18, 2017, 12:04 AM

Is it somehow a toss-up over which violence would be preferable if given the choice?

If not, they don't belong in the same category.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 18, 2017, 12:53 AM

Is it somehow a toss-up over which violence would be preferable if given the choice?

If not, they don't belong in the same category.
One depicts the death of a sitting POTUS, the other is bouncing a golf ball off the losing candidtae's back, who gets up.
Had the gif ended with HRC's bloody head being lifted up by Dennis Miller, then they could be in the same category.
45/47

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 18, 2017, 04:01 AM

Lets see, ISIS inspired bloody severed head VS apparently you've never seen "Animal House" Doug C. Neidermeyer is sad.

Ideologues actually trying to compare a silly golf gif to a grizzly severed head image? Yeah, the PL hasn't changed at all (if anything, some have gotten worse).

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Sep 18, 2017, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
Ideologues actually trying to compare a silly golf gif to a grizzly severed head image? Yeah, the PL hasn't changed at all (if anything, some have gotten worse).
As if you wouldn't have made this exact point were the parties reversed.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Sep 18, 2017, 05:03 AM

Tasteless is tasteless. Picking what side may or may not get away with it is just immaturity.

OreoCookie
Sep 18, 2017, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
Tasteless is tasteless. Picking what side may or may not get away with it is just immaturity.
But it does make a difference whether it comes from a random comedian or the President of the United States — our expectations on good conduct for one and the other are worlds apart
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Sep 18, 2017, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by OreoCookie View Post
But it does make a difference whether it comes from a random comedian or the President of the United States — our expectations on good conduct for one and the other are worlds apart
As they should be, but as has been the case for many years now the liberals are held to a higher moral standard than conservatives.

If you think about it, this is tantamount to an admission of moral inferiority.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Sep 18, 2017, 07:10 AM

The lefts tantrums and continued immaturity is really getting old.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Sep 18, 2017, 07:15 AM

...but as has been the case for many years now the liberals are held to a higher moral standard than conservatives.
You actually believe this? This illustrates your complete disconnect from reality. Obama lied his ass off for 8 years and the LWMSM never brought it up. You can keep your doctor? NO. You can keep your insurance. NO. Their are several hundred more examples you could look for but we know you won't.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Sep 18, 2017, 09:11 AM

You actually believe this? This illustrates your complete disconnect from reality. Obama lied his ass off for 8 years and the LWMSM never brought it up. You can keep your doctor? NO. You can keep your insurance. NO. Their are several hundred more examples you could look for but we know you won't.
Its the conservatives who hold the liberals to a higher standard. Its why they get so shocked and outraged when a liberal smashes a window or sets a trashcan on fire but theres scarcely a peep when one of theirs ploughs a muscle car into a crowd on purpose and kills someone.
Theres even a second example within this one. Someone on this very forum claimed the driver was a liberal until the real press told us otherwise. Once they did, the outrage evaporated with the lie. No more condemnation of the driver was forthcoming. Because this shitty behaviour is expected from conservatives. Even by other conservatives.

Aside from that, you're proving my point. 8 years under Obama and the worst you can come up with is a couple of details about Obamacare that IF true, likely had something to do with conservative sabotage interference. Trump has ducked well under that bar this week alone without even getting up off his toilet.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 18, 2017, 10:23 AM

Its the conservatives who hold the liberals to a higher standard. Its why they get so shocked and outraged when a liberal smashes a window or sets a trashcan on fire but theres scarcely a peep when one of theirs ploughs a muscle car into a crowd on purpose and kills someone.
Theres even a second example within this one. Someone on this very forum claimed the driver was a liberal until the real press told us otherwise. Once they did, the outrage evaporated with the lie. No more condemnation of the driver was forthcoming. Because this shitty behaviour is expected from conservatives. Even by other conservatives.

Aside from that, you're proving my point. 8 years under Obama and the worst you can come up with is a couple of details about Obamacare that IF true, likely had something to do with conservative sabotage interference. Trump has ducked well under that bar this week alone without even getting up off his toilet.
IF true? Obamacare passed with 0 republicans votes.

45/47

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Sep 18, 2017, 11:40 AM

Translated : you had your head up your bum for 8 years.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Sep 18, 2017, 11:42 AM

WAS will never watch the clips. It goes against his reality. He is unable to see the bias because of his liberal filter.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Sep 18, 2017, 12:22 PM

Yawn.

Anecdotal silliness. The ACA is so bad that even most Republican voters want to keep it. I wonder why that could be....

I don't understand why you are labouring this point. Obama said some stuff. You can keep your doctor. He didn't say you can keep your doctor and pay less. I can probably explain away a big chunk of these 'lies' by nitpicking semantics.
A lady on Fox News who "loves" her insurance company. The only people who love insurance companies own them. Literally everyone else hates their insurance companies with a passion. Cue you two saying you love yours just to "prove" me wrong. Plus its, Fox. I can explain a bunch more "lies" away simply by the sources. The rest can likely be discounted by your biases or by the explanation that the GOP obstructed and tried to sabotage the ACA at every turn in order to try to make it look bad. Some of those lies were almost certainly made lies by GOP actions. So they weren't lies.
If there are any lies left, or even if they were indeed all lies to begin with, this is baseline politics. Politicians lie. To get elected, to get legislation passed, out of habit. They all lie. Its the one thing about which you can be certain.
You don't see him being disrespectful to McCain or Romney though do you? Unlike a certain orange buffoon we could mention.

You two idiots are still proving my point by complaining that Obama exaggerated a few times in order to bring health insurance to millions. You are holding him to a ridiculous moral standard, while you forgive Trump for lying out of his ass since his campaign began. Wheres the wall? ACA repeal? Nuking North Korea? he's not even sure he wants to leave the Paris Climate deal any more. Was't there some trade deals he wanted to alter as well? None of that boasting counts as lying to you?
We still don't care that he blurts out classified info at insecure locations so he can bill the government for use of his own venues? That he colluded with a foreign power to usurp your democracy? That he routinely defrauds his own charities or takes credit for the donations made by others having used them to hire his own venues again?
He has conflicts of interest, petty crimes, systematic crimes, potentially treasonous crimes and a lack of class so fat it could sink your whole navy and you don't give a toss about any of it because Hillary sent her own emails and Obama didn't pick his words carefully enough for you when he spoke about his healthcare program? Two different moral standards so far apart you could drive Trump's ego between them.

Get back in your holes. You've lost this one in spectacular fashion.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 18, 2017, 12:25 PM

As they should be, but as has been the case for many years now the liberals are held to a higher moral standard than conservatives.

If you think about it, this is tantamount to an admission of moral inferiority.
Do you not consider conservatives to be morally inferior?

If so, might this be a reason equivalency arguments ring hollow?

andi*pandi
Sep 18, 2017, 12:28 PM

The lefts tantrums and continued immaturity is really getting old.

It's been said before, but again... The president posting silly gifs created by internet bottom-dwellers is not dignified nor worthy of the office, no matter how artful or hilarious the photochop. We are paying him to goof off on the internet, and as an employer I am displeased. He should have a note in his file, come performance review day.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 18, 2017, 12:34 PM

This is a different argument from "conservatives are hypocrites for not Kathy Griffining him".

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Sep 18, 2017, 01:26 PM

Yawn.

Anecdotal silliness. The ACA is so bad that even most Republican voters want to keep it. I wonder why that could be....

I don't understand why you are labouring this point. Obama said some stuff. You can keep your doctor. He didn't say you can keep your doctor and pay less. I can probably explain away a big chunk of these 'lies' by nitpicking semantics.
A lady on Fox News who "loves" her insurance company. The only people who love insurance companies own them. Literally everyone else hates their insurance companies with a passion. Cue you two saying you love yours just to "prove" me wrong. Plus its, Fox. I can explain a bunch more "lies" away simply by the sources. The rest can likely be discounted by your biases or by the explanation that the GOP obstructed and tried to sabotage the ACA at every turn in order to try to make it look bad. Some of those lies were almost certainly made lies by GOP actions. So they weren't lies.
If there are any lies left, or even if they were indeed all lies to begin with, this is baseline politics. Politicians lie. To get elected, to get legislation passed, out of habit. They all lie. Its the one thing about which you can be certain.
You don't see him being disrespectful to McCain or Romney though do you? Unlike a certain orange buffoon we could mention.

You two idiots are still proving my point by complaining that Obama exaggerated a few times in order to bring health insurance to millions. You are holding him to a ridiculous moral standard, while you forgive Trump for lying out of his ass since his campaign began. Wheres the wall? ACA repeal? Nuking North Korea? he's not even sure he wants to leave the Paris Climate deal any more. Was't there some trade deals he wanted to alter as well? None of that boasting counts as lying to you?
We still don't care that he blurts out classified info at insecure locations so he can bill the government for use of his own venues? That he colluded with a foreign power to usurp your democracy? That he routinely defrauds his own charities or takes credit for the donations made by others having used them to hire his own venues again?
He has conflicts of interest, petty crimes, systematic crimes, potentially treasonous crimes and a lack of class so fat it could sink your whole navy and you don't give a toss about any of it because Hillary sent her own emails and Obama didn't pick his words carefully enough for you when he spoke about his healthcare program? Two different moral standards so far apart you could drive Trump's ego between them.

Get back in your holes. You've lost this one in spectacular fashion.
Your unenlightened opinions are and will always be worthless. You are being dragged around by your nose by your leftwing news opinion sources. When you start to think for yourself get back to us OK? You have been told what to think, but you don't seem to realize it.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Sep 18, 2017, 02:46 PM

Your unenlightened opinions are and will always be worthless. You are being dragged around by your nose by your leftwing news opinion sources. When you start to think for yourself get back to us OK? You have been told what to think, but you don't seem to realize it.
Didn't....didn't you just post of bunch of stuff from right wing news sources?

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 18, 2017, 06:01 PM

As if you wouldn't have made this exact point were the parties reversed.
No I wouldn't, because I recognize the subtle difference between golf balls and severed heads, unlike you.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 18, 2017, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by OreoCookie View Post
But it does make a difference whether it comes from a random comedian or the President of the United States
Oh no, the president hit a golf ball and Hillary fell down, how awful. WTF? How does anyone attain this level of perspective, O2 deprivation?
( Last edited by Cap'n Tightpants; Sep 18, 2017 at 07:53 PM. )

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 18, 2017, 07:24 PM

TRIGGER ALERT!!!!!!
45/47

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Sep 18, 2017, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
Didn't....didn't you just post of bunch of stuff from right wing news sources?
I am so far beyond laughing out loud when Badkosh accuses anyone at all of being biased at all. But then he's just operating like other conservatives, completely delusional and accusing others of their own gargantuan failings.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Sep 18, 2017, 08:23 PM

Do you not consider conservatives to be morally inferior?

If so, might this be a reason equivalency arguments ring hollow?
Yes and no. Literally. Yes I consider them morally inferior (we both know I can justify this view as easily as breathing too) but no it doesn't undermine my point at all.

Shouldn't we both consider each other morally inferior? Isn't that how politics is meant to work? Everyone thinks they are right? If we both agree that liberals are morally superior, then everyone should be voting for them as their moral leaders at least, no?

So I've demonstrated quite comprehensively that despite their verbal claims to moral superiority, conservative actions very clearly indicate that they know liberals to be morally superior. And as we all know, actions speak louder than words. What a shame they can't admit this to themselves and the world and they could just pack up and go home and leave the morally superior to get on with things.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 18, 2017, 08:40 PM

What do use base your morality in?
45/47

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Sep 18, 2017, 11:56 PM

What do use base your morality in?
Hard to say. I just have a very well developed sense of right and wrong for the most part. What I say here isn't always what I really think is right or wrong, sometimes I play devils advocate, but I have a good sense of right and wrong.

It didn't come from the bible, which is where I suspect you're looking to go.
One can learn vastly superior morals from the likes of Superman, Optimus Prime and Jean-Luc Picard than the contradictory horrors of the 'not-really-all-that-good-if-you-actually-read-it book.'

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 19, 2017, 06:30 AM

Yes and no. Literally. Yes I consider them morally inferior (we both know I can justify this view as easily as breathing too) but no it doesn't undermine my point at all.

Shouldn't we both consider each other morally inferior? Isn't that how politics is meant to work? Everyone thinks they are right? If we both agree that liberals are morally superior, then everyone should be voting for them as their moral leaders at least, no?

So I've demonstrated quite comprehensively that despite their verbal claims to moral superiority, conservative actions very clearly indicate that they know liberals to be morally superior. And as we all know, actions speak louder than words. What a shame they can't admit this to themselves and the world and they could just pack up and go home and leave the morally superior to get on with things.
The point I'm trying to address is "liberals are held to a higher moral standard than conservatives".

If liberals are morally superior, they should not only expect, they should want to be held to a higher standard than conservatives.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Sep 19, 2017, 07:50 AM

The point I'm trying to address is "liberals are held to a higher moral standard than conservatives".

If liberals are morally superior, they should not only expect, they should want to be held to a higher standard than conservatives.
Those are two different things. Liberals can't help what standard conservatives hold them to. Thats up to the conservatives.

As for point two, in the simplest and broadest terms, liberals are morally superior. Liberal vs conservative is basically us vs me. Liberals are happy with higher taxes to pay for people who can't help themselves and are more tolerant of people who are different. Conservatives are more worried about tax rates and largely seem to resent anyone getting anything "for nothing" and are more interested in forcing people to live by their rules and opinions than they are in understanding or tolerating different cultures, feelings, lifestyles etc. I'm sure I don't have to go into detail to justify these statements do I?

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 19, 2017, 08:14 AM

I don't think my point is getting across.

Let me put this in exaggerated terms.

Person A is Gandhi, minus all the pervy shit. Person B is Hitler.

"Person A is held to a higher moral standard than person B."

Yes, because person B is Hitler.

"Person B holds person A to moral standards they do not hold themselves to."

Yes, because person B is Hitler.

"Person B indicts person A."

Why do I care what Hitler thinks?

Forum Links
Forum Rules