Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iTunes - played podcasts being marked as "New"

iTunes - played podcasts being marked as "New"
skybolt
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 25, 2008, 10:03 AM

O.K., this is an intermittent problem, but it is frustrating. I have an iPod Touch that I use to listen to podcasts. I have learned that you must let the podcast play to the end in order for the episode to be marked as played, so I do that. Lately, when I have finished updating my iPod, I find that several episodes(not always the same ones) that I have listened to are again marked as "new" and are back on my iPod. I have iTunes set to update all unplayed podcasts (though I have tried changing the setting to "update all new podcasts" with no change in behavior). Only when I manually mark the podcasts that I have listened to as "not new" will they refrain from going back onto the iPod. I have gotten info on some that have gotten their blue button back, and the info says the playcount is 0 -- even though I have listened to them!

Anyone else finding this? Anybody got a fix?
Running 10.5.2, all updates installed.
Thanks in advance!
( Last edited by skybolt; Apr 25, 2008 at 10:16 AM. )
Mary

Forum Links
Forum Rules