Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Iphoto..... beyond help?

Iphoto..... beyond help?
denalidude
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 27, 2008, 12:48 PM

I have updated the iphot regularly. Upgraded a couple of times to better macs and now my photos are duplicates... That is not a problem. The dates and etc are all messed up. Seems the directory is all messed up. dates jump all around. Is there a program that can straighten all the photos by find them and then organizeing by the original date of the snapshot/picture? I have been real paranoid and have backup up to several external drives. Now when i try to load all the photos to a new version I get even more duplicates and more jumbling. ANy help would be appreciated. Joe

I have rebuilt it several times as well. ANy program that can just grab photos or help in anyway?

ncmason
Aug 27, 2008, 07:17 PM

skybolt
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 28, 2008, 11:08 AM

More important is to find out how you are ending up with so many duplicates, etc. I feel like your method of "updating" is flawed somehow. Once you get this fixed, you sure don't want to have the same problem next update. Please tell us exactly how you are updating, etc. so we can direct you to a method that will not cause problems next time.
Mary

Forum Links
Forum Rules