Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > The VP apparently thinks he's Commander McBragg

The VP apparently thinks he's Commander McBragg
Macrobat
Mac Elite
Apr 10, 2009, 12:32 PM

http://www.toonopedia.com/mcbragg.htm

http://freedomeden.blogspot.com/2009...dens-lies.html

Biden seems very comfortable with his foot in his mouth, as that seems where it stays the vast majority of the time:

We’re Biden our time until his next gaffe:
1) Biden on poor D.C. school performance compared to Iowa: “There’s less than 1 percent of the population of Iowa that is African American. There is probably less than 4 or 5 percent that is, are minorities. What is it in Washington? So look, it goes back to what you start off with, what you’re dealing with.”
2) Biden, predicting crisis before June: “Watch, we’re gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy (Obama)…we’re gonna need you to use your influence, your influence within the community, to stand with him. Because it’s not gonna be apparent initially, it’s not gonna be apparent that we’re right.”
3) Biden told Jon Stewart, “John McCain is a personal friend, a great friend, and I would be honored to run with or against John McCain, because I think the country would be better off — be well off no matter who …,” where Stewart cut him off.
4) Biden repeatedly insisted that Hillary Clinton would’ve probably been a better choice for Obama.
5) Biden publicly opposed the AIG bailout, not realizing his running mate was for it
6) Biden called Palin Alaska’s “Lieutenant Governor”.
7) Biden accidentaly introduced his running mate as “Barack America”.
8) Biden, while trying to win votes in hotly contested Ohio, taunted Ohioans by announcing that Delaware’s team could “kick” the Ohio State football team’s, uh, posterior.
9) Biden publicly promised to ban “clean” coal after his running mate promised to invest heavily in it.
10) Biden told an endearing three-sentence summary supposedly about his own life, but it was taken nearly word-for-word from British politician Neil Kinnock.
11) Biden claimed his helicopter was “forced down” in enemy territory, but it was later learned that the flight was only postponed because of weather.
12) Biden looked at Missouri state senator Chuck Graham–seated in front of him–and demanded that he “Stand up!” without noticing that he was in a wheelchair.
13) Biden called Obama “the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean…to run for President,” insulting Shirley Chisholm, Jesse Jackson, Carol Braun, and Al Sharpton.
14) Biden offended certain immigrants in Delaware by claiming, “You cannot go to a 7/11 or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I’m not joking.”
15) Biden angrily challenged a sincere questioner by insisting, “My IQ higher than yours!”
16) Biden on poor D.C. school performance compared to Iowa: “There’s less than 1 percent of the population of Iowa that is African American. There is probably less than 4 or 5 percent that is, are minorities. What is it in Washington? So look, it goes back to what you start off with, what you’re dealing with.”
17) Biden, unaware that Hoover was President in 1929, many years before TV was invented: “When the stock market crashed, Franklin Roosevelt got on the television and didn’t just talk about the princes of greed. He said, ‘look, here’s what happened.”‘
18) Biden slammed an Obama ad that mocked McCain for being “computer illiterate” without mentioning that it is McCain’s war injuries that inhibit him from using a keyboard. “I thought that (the ad) was terrible, by the way,” Biden said. Asked why it was done, he said: “I didn’t know we did it, and if I had anything to do with it, we’d have never done it.”
19) Delaware, he noted, was a “slave state that fought beside the North. That’s only because we couldn’t figure out how to get to the South. There were a couple of states in the way.”
20) Biden: “…a three letter word: J-O-B-S!”
21)Just after 9/11: “Seems to me this would be a good time to send, no strings attached, a check for $200 million to Iran.”
22) Forgot address of website he’s in charge of.

Now he is the Great Confronter! Rove notes this commonality of Biden's stories:

“Every one of these incidents as the same structure:

1. Joe Biden courageously raises the impudent question

2. the President befuddlely answers

3. Joe Biden drives home the dramatic response”
The man is clownshoes. His selection as VPOTUS is yet another indication of how inept this president is.
"That Others May Live"
On the ISG: "The nation's capital hasn't seen such concentrated wisdom in one place since Paris Hilton dined alone at the Hooters on Connecticut Avenue." - John Podhoretz

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Apr 10, 2009, 12:45 PM

Perhaps Biden, like 0bama has people telling him what to say?

Macrobat  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 10, 2009, 12:58 PM

Not very good ones, evidently. BTW, there are logs kept of who is with the president (whoever he is) at all times, Biden was alone with GWB exactly ZERO times and was only invited to the WH with the rest of the Dems for party functions.

There is - in fact - no record of Biden ever directly interacting with Bush - period.
"That Others May Live"
On the ISG: "The nation's capital hasn't seen such concentrated wisdom in one place since Paris Hilton dined alone at the Hooters on Connecticut Avenue." - John Podhoretz

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Apr 10, 2009, 12:59 PM

Biden is the court jester, nothing else.

-t

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 10, 2009, 01:04 PM

It doesn't seem so much like people are so much interested in talking about politics, but rather combing over anything and everything until they can come up with something that they can shove in the faces of people with differing views with the same amount of bliss normally reserved for 10 year olds on a playground.

Nya nya nya, Little Joey Biden peed his pants, nya nya we're right and you are wrong nya nya nya!!! Obama bowed wrong, ha ha, obama bowed wrong, ha ha

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Apr 10, 2009, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by ort888 View Post
Little Joey Biden peed his pants
THAT would be at least entertaining

-t

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 10, 2009, 02:57 PM

Dan Quayle has got to be a happy man.
( Last edited by Chongo; Apr 11, 2009 at 10:50 AM. )
45/47

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Apr 12, 2009, 04:46 PM

it keeps 0bama from getting impeached.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Apr 13, 2009, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by ort888 View Post
It doesn't seem so much like people are so much interested in talking about politics, but rather combing over anything and everything until they can come up with something that they can shove in the faces of people with differing views with the same amount of bliss normally reserved for 10 year olds on a playground.

Nya nya nya, Little Joey Biden peed his pants, nya nya we're right and you are wrong nya nya nya!!! Obama bowed wrong, ha ha, obama bowed wrong, ha ha
Actually, if you'd stop being so defensive and deign to read what you're critiquing you'd find some relatively major policy ideal differences between he and the President. Not that these differences are questionable as much as they were polar opposites that went unnoticed and unreported during the campaign and the number of issues that remain unreported by a media in love with one man. Evidenced by Stewart having to shut him down before losing his preferred candidate. There are more than simple gaffes in those statements, there are actual real problems he's trying to address, but in the absolute most inept manner possible. If this isn't cause for concern, you're not paying attention. The good news is no one else is either, hence the original post.
ebuddy

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Apr 13, 2009, 08:53 AM

ebuddy: in the case of clean coal and the AIG bailout, yes, but the other things are just your garden variety gaffe.

King Bob On The Cob
Mac Elite
Apr 20, 2009, 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by Macrobat View Post
http://www.toonopedia.com/mcbragg.htm

http://freedomeden.blogspot.com/2009...dens-lies.html

Biden seems very comfortable with his foot in his mouth, as that seems where it stays the vast majority of the time:

We’re Biden our time until his next gaffe:
1) Biden on poor D.C. school performance compared to Iowa: “There’s less than 1 percent of the population of Iowa that is African American. There is probably less than 4 or 5 percent that is, are minorities. What is it in Washington? So look, it goes back to what you start off with, what you’re dealing with.”
2) Biden, predicting crisis before June: “Watch, we’re gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy (Obama)…we’re gonna need you to use your influence, your influence within the community, to stand with him. Because it’s not gonna be apparent initially, it’s not gonna be apparent that we’re right.”
3) Biden told Jon Stewart, “John McCain is a personal friend, a great friend, and I would be honored to run with or against John McCain, because I think the country would be better off — be well off no matter who …,” where Stewart cut him off.
4) Biden repeatedly insisted that Hillary Clinton would’ve probably been a better choice for Obama.
5) Biden publicly opposed the AIG bailout, not realizing his running mate was for it
6) Biden called Palin Alaska’s “Lieutenant Governor”.
7) Biden accidentaly introduced his running mate as “Barack America”.
8) Biden, while trying to win votes in hotly contested Ohio, taunted Ohioans by announcing that Delaware’s team could “kick” the Ohio State football team’s, uh, posterior.
9) Biden publicly promised to ban “clean” coal after his running mate promised to invest heavily in it.
10) Biden told an endearing three-sentence summary supposedly about his own life, but it was taken nearly word-for-word from British politician Neil Kinnock.
11) Biden claimed his helicopter was “forced down” in enemy territory, but it was later learned that the flight was only postponed because of weather.
12) Biden looked at Missouri state senator Chuck Graham–seated in front of him–and demanded that he “Stand up!” without noticing that he was in a wheelchair.
13) Biden called Obama “the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean…to run for President,” insulting Shirley Chisholm, Jesse Jackson, Carol Braun, and Al Sharpton.
14) Biden offended certain immigrants in Delaware by claiming, “You cannot go to a 7/11 or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I’m not joking.”
15) Biden angrily challenged a sincere questioner by insisting, “My IQ higher than yours!”
16) Biden on poor D.C. school performance compared to Iowa: “There’s less than 1 percent of the population of Iowa that is African American. There is probably less than 4 or 5 percent that is, are minorities. What is it in Washington? So look, it goes back to what you start off with, what you’re dealing with.”
17) Biden, unaware that Hoover was President in 1929, many years before TV was invented: “When the stock market crashed, Franklin Roosevelt got on the television and didn’t just talk about the princes of greed. He said, ‘look, here’s what happened.”‘
18) Biden slammed an Obama ad that mocked McCain for being “computer illiterate” without mentioning that it is McCain’s war injuries that inhibit him from using a keyboard. “I thought that (the ad) was terrible, by the way,” Biden said. Asked why it was done, he said: “I didn’t know we did it, and if I had anything to do with it, we’d have never done it.”
19) Delaware, he noted, was a “slave state that fought beside the North. That’s only because we couldn’t figure out how to get to the South. There were a couple of states in the way.”
20) Biden: “…a three letter word: J-O-B-S!”
21)Just after 9/11: “Seems to me this would be a good time to send, no strings attached, a check for $200 million to Iran.”
22) Forgot address of website he’s in charge of.

Now he is the Great Confronter! Rove notes this commonality of Biden's stories:

The man is clownshoes. His selection as VPOTUS is yet another indication of how inept this president is.
You've got an issue there...

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Apr 20, 2009, 09:27 AM

No, he said the same thing twice in real life, so it had to show up on the quote list twice.
( Last edited by Laminar; Apr 20, 2009 at 02:25 PM. )

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 20, 2009, 12:05 PM

It's amazing how much crap McCain got for announcing Palin as his running mate...how in the world is Biden any better?

Before the election, there was barely any news coverage on the guy - it was all about Obama, as though his running mate didn't count for anything,
Sell or send me your vintage Mac things if you don't want them.

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 20, 2009, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by shifuimam View Post
It's amazing how much crap McCain got for announcing Palin as his running mate...how in the world is Biden any better?
Keep saying it over and over and over again and maybe eventually a few people will actually believe it.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

Dork.
Professional Poster
Apr 20, 2009, 02:21 PM

I don't think you can legitimately fault Biden for advocating positions that contract Obama's positions, either on the campaign trail or once he got into office. I think Obama is on record saying that he wanted someone as VP who wouldn't just be a Yes-man, and who would provide a different perspective on decisions. While I doubt Obama really wants these differences to be so public, I see them as proof that the office of the Vice President is running the way Obama wants it to run.

However, you can fault Biden for:
- Exaggerating
- Not fully thinking his words through before speaking
- Forgetting stuff he really ought to remember, even at 66 (and making stuff up to compensate)
- Liking the sound of his own voice a little too much

But some of the stuff in Macrobat's list is kind of silly.

Biden, while trying to win votes in hotly contested Ohio, taunted Ohioans by announcing that Delaware’s team could “kick” the Ohio State football team’s, uh, posterior.
You think this is a problem? I think this means he actually has a personality. Unlike another Democrat I could name, whose sports allegiances depended on whichever state she was running for office in at the time.

Forum Links
Forum Rules