Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > video to web for os9

video to web for os9
rlane
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 2, 2004, 07:38 PM

I have a beige G3 333mhz with OS9 and a firewire card. I want to import video from my camcorder and put it on the web. What software can I use? Quicktime looks nice, but the download from Apple says that only a 400mhz or faster G3 is required. How can I get an older copy of Quicktime to capture and post video to the web or what other programs can I use? THANK YOU.

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 3, 2004, 04:18 AM

QuickTime will work fine, I ran it on a 366MHz G3 upgraded machine and it never gave me a problem.

Anyways, you should really look into one of the first versions of iMovie, should fit your needs/wants quite well.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

rlane  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 3, 2004, 03:50 PM

Did they make I-movie to run on OS9? I though it was only OSX. I need to upgrade to OSX anyway, but I wanted something for this older Mac of mine.

bradoesch
Professional Poster
Jan 3, 2004, 04:34 PM

Originally posted by rlane:
Did they make I-movie to run on OS9? I though it was only OSX. I need to upgrade to OSX anyway, but I wanted something for this older Mac of mine.
When iMovie first came out, there was no public release of OS X. The current version only runs on OS X, but version 2 also supported 9.

Apple used to host version 1 as a free download back in the day, but I can't find it on their site any more.

rlane  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 3, 2004, 05:14 PM

OK - so the search is on for version 2 then! Thanks....any other tips are greatly appreciated.

bradoesch
Professional Poster
Jan 5, 2004, 04:59 PM

Originally posted by rlane:
OK - so the search is on for version 2 then! Thanks....any other tips are greatly appreciated.
We can't help you find iMovie 2, since Apple doesn't have it available for download. But I will say there are many ways to get it.

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 6, 2004, 01:48 AM

Now now bradoesch... You wouldn't be hinting at software piracy would you...

I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

bradoesch
Professional Poster
Jan 7, 2004, 03:51 PM

Originally posted by PowerMacMan:
Now now bradoesch... You wouldn't be hinting at software piracy would you...

Uhhhh, never.

When I posted that, I thought Apple did have iMovie 2 available for download at one time. They did, but it was for $49. I forgot about that.

Now that iMovie 4 has been announced, I'd recommend getting it free when buying a new Mac.

Eriamjh
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 7, 2004, 04:47 PM

I thought iMovie 2 was on Panther or Jaguar?

Search the forums. I believe someone had posted a link to where Apple was hiding it on their servers. You couldn't find it on the search pages, but it was still there.

I'm a bird. I am the 1% (of pets).

bradoesch
Professional Poster
Jan 7, 2004, 07:38 PM

Originally posted by Eriamjh:
I thought iMovie 2 was on Panther or Jaguar?

Search the forums. I believe someone had posted a link to where Apple was hiding it on their servers. You couldn't find it on the search pages, but it was still there.
I'm pretty sure iMovie 3 came with 10.2 and 10.3.

Forum Links
Forum Rules