Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > London Bombings

London Bombings (Page 9)
davesimondotcom
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 8, 2005, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Super Mario
Secret Organisation Group of al-Qaeda? A secret group that reveals itself publicy and keeps the name 'secret'?

'We are a very secret organisation so shush!'

Where is the Popular People's Front of Judea, anyway?

Oh, he's over there...

"SPLITTER!!"
[ sig removed - image host changed it to a big ad picture ]

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Jul 8, 2005, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by von Wrangell
Interesting how you added the dollars into that. But I'm pretty sure both Dresden and the Japanese cities who suffered from our(allies) bombing runs cost both more in lives as well as money.

They might not have been terrorist attacks but they sure were terrorism and support of terrorism. Or do you disagree with that?
I love it when people cry foul on the US for what we did to Japan during WWII. Ignorance is bliss.

von Wrangell
Professional Poster
Jul 8, 2005, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by mitchell_pgh
I love it when people cry foul on the US for what we did to Japan during WWII. Ignorance is bliss.
I just don't subscribe to the moral relativism you do. IMO an attack on civilians is never acceptable. In your opinion it is acceptable if you need to reach a goal. Oh, notice that? That's the same "logic" OBL uses. Congratulations.

To those against whom war is made, permission is given (to fight), because they are wronged;- and verily, Allah is most powerful for their aid

von Wrangell
Professional Poster
Jul 8, 2005, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Randman
They were not terrorism. I don't think you know what terrorism means. Look it up in a dictionary then come back.
You don't read what I post do you? You just saw the quote in my sig and panicked.

Just check a few points up on this page. I'm sure you're able to do that.

To those against whom war is made, permission is given (to fight), because they are wronged;- and verily, Allah is most powerful for their aid

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Jul 8, 2005, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by mojo2
It's NOT the same. You don't get it. Terrorism is the scourge of the earth. London was a transformative event, just like 9/11 was. Just like Madrid was, but unfortunately Spain's response to their attack has encouraged the terrorists. And MAY have been in the minds of yesterday's hideous bombers.
If these were transformative events, how come nothing has transformed? You're suggesting Spain's response to the attack on Madrid has some responsibility in the attack on London. If that's true, does the response to the attack prior to Madrid have some responsibility in the attack on Madrid?

mojo2
Professional Poster
Jul 8, 2005, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by nath
Please, all of you, remember to say a prayer for Omarion.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/050707/325/fmw5r.html
Yes, your sarcasm is a bit dry, nath.

Omarion was UNINJURED in the London blasts. Gilmore is his publicist.

Asked why anyone should pray for him, Gilmore said, "He wasn't hurt or anything, but just the fact that he was there and all that."

mojo2
Professional Poster
Jul 8, 2005, 04:35 PM

BTW, on Fox News just now Benjamin Netanyahu was talking about al Qaeda's LONDON ATTACK and he used the term which was coined by Lee Harris, "fantasy ideology."

Here's a description and a link for those who haven't read it before.

http://www.therazor.org/oldroot/Summ...syIdeology.htm

Media Echoes: Al Qaeda’s Fantasy Ideology

Editor's note: The following appeared at Policy Review and can be accessed in it's original form (at http://www.policyreview.org/AUG02/harris_print.html). Well it has taken a year, but we believe we have finally found the true explanation for 9-11. What follows is simply a masterpiece of logic and reasoning that makes all of us here green with envy that we didn't have the talent to come up with it, while at the same time feel relieved that someone has figured it out. For a 911 Conservative it is must reading that truly helps us understand our world.

Al Qaeda’s Fantasy Ideology

By Lee Harris

mojo2
Professional Poster
Jul 8, 2005, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Wiskedjak
If these were transformative events, how come nothing has transformed? You're suggesting Spain's response to the attack on Madrid has some responsibility in the attack on London. If that's true, does the response to the attack prior to Madrid have some responsibility in the attack on Madrid?
Not EVERYTHING in the world can be concluded in the 30 minute SitCom span of time, the 15 seconds allocated by network news people for a sound bite or the 3 minutes it takes SOME people to achieve a certain other type of gratification.

London will be shown to be a transformative event. Watch the coming events and marvel that there really are some people who see things not only as they are but as they will be.

No, what the response before Madrid did was to plunge the would be terrorists into the fight of their lives. If any of them thought they would be able to take their time and plan their evil deeds in relative freedom from scrutiny, the US response showed them that they now had to attack in earnest.

Like a gerbil up a rectum, their only hope would be to attack, attack and attack. Otherwise, their future prospects would look crappy, indeed.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jul 8, 2005, 05:02 PM

I agree. Though, I have to say, your analogy is... ummm... ugh.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

goMac
Posting Junkie
Jul 8, 2005, 06:03 PM

London will be shown to be a transformative event. Watch the coming events and marvel that there really are some people who see things not only as they are but as they will be.
I'm... ahhh... watching. I see a bunch of Lodoner's who are calmly going about their normal lives. I don't see them clamoring for blood.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

Sherwin
Professional Poster
Jul 8, 2005, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by goMac
I'm... ahhh... watching. I see a bunch of Lodoner's who are calmly going about their normal lives. I don't see them clamoring for blood.
We Brits clamour for blood quietly.

There's not a one of us who wouldn't gut the perps with a rusty spoon.

Monique
Mac Elite
Jul 8, 2005, 06:19 PM

Like some Russians said after the massacre at the theatre in Moscow where over 100 people lost their lives; we do not care about the Chenians and what they want all we want is to find and take care of them.

Whatever the reasons why the terrorists murder over 40 innocent people; they are absolutly not valid and they are criminals that should have the capital punishment.

If you are saying that the terrorists are right I would like to see one of your family member killed by the next bomb then we will see how you feel.

I am so sorry for the lost the great country called Great Britain had to endure right now. But the British are wonderful people and very strong, very courageous and they will prevail against evil.

My prayers are with the families of the victims and wish speedy recovery to the injured.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Jul 8, 2005, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Sherwin

Oh I'm sure you'd all like to get those responsible, but I don't think thats going to mean military action outside the country.
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

Sherwin
Professional Poster
Jul 8, 2005, 06:25 PM

Oh I'm sure you'd all like to get those responsible, but I don't think thats going to mean military action outside the country.
We'll go wherever the need takes us.
We just won't tell anyone about it.

SimpleLife
Mac Elite
Jul 8, 2005, 06:26 PM

Brits = New Spaniardness!

goMac
Posting Junkie
Jul 8, 2005, 06:41 PM

We'll go wherever the need takes us.
We just won't tell anyone about it.
Well, that rules out bombing or taking over other countries...

Sherwin
Professional Poster
Jul 8, 2005, 06:48 PM

Well, that rules out bombing or taking over other countries...
Yep. But our methods are hopelessly ineffectual at taking out people like Saddam. Back in the early 90's the Secretary of State for Defence told me about how hard a time our insert boys were having in the Iraqi palaces. Couldn't get near the blighter apparently.

(there's a good reason why Gaddafi has his fembots - at the time we didn't have any good-enough female ops)

von Wrangell
Professional Poster
Jul 8, 2005, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Monique
Whatever the reasons why the terrorists murder over 40 innocent people; they are absolutly not valid and they are criminals that should have the capital punishment.

I am so sorry for the lost the great country called Great Britain had to endure right now. But the British are wonderful people and very strong, very courageous and they will prevail against evil.

My prayers are with the families of the victims and wish speedy recovery to the injured.
to this part of your post.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Jul 8, 2005, 06:52 PM

Yep. But our methods are hopelessly ineffectual at taking out people like Saddam. Back in the early 90's the Secretary of State for Defence told me about how hard a time our insert boys were having in the Iraqi palaces. Couldn't get near the blighter apparently.

(there's a good reason why Gaddafi has his fembots - at the time we didn't have any good-enough female ops)
Yeah... Saddam was a pretty scary guy with all his weapons of mass destruction... Oh... Wait...

See, if Bush had just dropped in some Seals and quietly taken care of Bin Ladin, I don't think American's would have cared. But instead, he launched this huge massive invasion. I think one of the reasons he didn't do this is he couldn't have told American's he killed Osama, and wanted to get votes for the next election. Instead, we invaded, and Osama ran into hiding. Smart move.

christ
Professional Poster
Jul 8, 2005, 07:09 PM

Yes there is.
Chris. T.

"... in 6 months if WMD are found, I hope all clear-thinking people who opposed the war will say "You're right, we were wrong -- good job". Similarly, if after 6 months no WMD are found, people who supported the war should say the same thing -- and move to impeach Mr. Bush." - moki, 04/16/03

Sherwin
Professional Poster
Jul 8, 2005, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by christ
Yes there is.
I'll rephrase.

There's not a sane, right-thinking one of us who wouldn't gut the perps with a rusty spoon.

von Wrangell
Professional Poster
Jul 8, 2005, 07:15 PM

"I'll dig his heart out with a spoon!!!!"

"Why a spoon, sir?"

"Because it HURTS MORE!!!!"

spacefreak
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 8, 2005, 08:29 PM

Hadn't you kept your forces in SA and continued to support the massacres and oppression of Muslims OBL wouldn't have had to fly planes into your building.
What? The Saudi government hosted our troops, yet we're somehow to blame because Bin Laden didn't like that?

So now the weenie liberal arguments have dwindled to such a pitiful level that - in addition to defending OBL - they now regard his status and views as being greater or more important than the actual governments.

mojo2
Professional Poster
Jul 8, 2005, 08:36 PM

Oh my!

goMac, very good. You waited longer than 30 minutes but I mentioned those spans of time not so you would take me LITERALLY and expect gratification not in 15 secs., 3 mins., or in a half hour, but because I wanted to let you know these things play out over time and a longer time than you are used to.

Unfortunately, (and maybe intentionally? maybe as a little jokey, joke?) you illustrated my point about waiting to see how things develop.

Also, just because an event is transformative does not (should not) necessarilly suggest a person will suddenly begin twisting his or her arms and legs and head, turning themselves into a robot a la a 'real' transformer toy.

Gotta be careful what I say these days!

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Jul 8, 2005, 08:54 PM

Instead of killing Islamic terrorists you can always simply appease them. A good start is to no longer allow women the right to vote in your country. Then you'll need to condemn same-sex marriage. There's a myriad of things you need to do in order to satisfy the Islamic terrorists. They aren't happy with your Western ways. So cover up those women! Cease with creating 'art'. Toss aside any notion of praying to a different God. Abide by the Islamic laws - or face death.

The Western liberals should be leading the fight against terrorists....they've got more to lose than conservatives do. Heck, darn near every liberal ideal stands in direct conflict with Islam.

Whoa. It just occurred to me that the Islamic terrorists are upset with LIBERALS. Liberals caused the problem, as usual.

mojo2
Professional Poster
Jul 8, 2005, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by nath
I find it interesting that the only reason you can come up with against a similarly balanced strategy in the current War on Terror is that teh ayrab terrists are somehow just less 'reasonable' than the maniacs on both sides in Ulster.
We tried negotiating in Iraq but so far, zip.

As far as negotiating with OBL goes, show me his list of "demands."

Secondly, it is entirely possible (maybe even likely) that those involved with this week's shenanigans were British (i.e. not a danger from 'without'). Apparently a suspected cell based in the West Midlands are under investigation. It's also now been all but confirmed that these were not suicide attacks, and that those responsible are still on the loose.
Ahhh, but IF they are Brits they are Brits who are willing to place their hatred and their allegiance to a foreigner's foreign interpretation of Islam BEFORE their allegiance to the Flag & Crown. Which makes them just as 'good' as being from without and just as bad as (MURDEROUS, COWARDLY, SNEAKY AZZOLES WHO DESERVE TO MEET THE 72 VIRGINS TOMMORROW BUT FIND THEM TO BE STINKY SMELLING, CRAP COVERED SOWS WHO INFECT THEM WITH THE WORST POSSIBLE PIG DISEASES FOR ETERNITY) traitors.

I realise the strange way your mind works will forment this information into some ghastly conspiracy where the only sensible course of action is to annihilate more terrorists, but I hold this bizarre hope that one day you will either have a breakthrough, or simply realise your inherent eviltude and shoot yourself in the head.
THAT'S a good (radical?) Muslim OBL fan-boy! If you can't get them to have a breakthrough that has them agreeing with you you wish them death. And were it not for MacNN's prohibitions against making personal threats, that gun (by which your chillingly bizarre hope would come true) wouldn't be in MY hands, would it?

So, where exactly were you at the time of the explosions?

mojo2
Professional Poster
Jul 8, 2005, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Spliffdaddy
Instead of killing Islamic terrorists you can always simply appease them. A good start is to no longer allow women the right to vote in your country. Then you'll need to condemn same-sex marriage. There's a myriad of things you need to do in order to satisfy the Islamic terrorists. They aren't happy with your Western ways. So cover up those women! Cease with creating 'art'. Toss aside any notion of praying to a different God. Abide by the Islamic laws - or face death.

The Western liberals should be leading the fight against terrorists....they've got more to lose than conservatives do. Heck, darn near every liberal ideal stands in direct conflict with Islam.

Whoa. It just occurred to me that the Islamic terrorists are upset with LIBERALS. Liberals caused the problem, as usual.

von Wrangell
Professional Poster
Jul 8, 2005, 09:19 PM

Here you go:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3628069.stm

SimpleLife
Mac Elite
Jul 8, 2005, 09:21 PM

Obviously, the six pages of this thread got lost from you...

Edit: Please note that the "six" is actually a "nine" in disguise...
( Last edited by SimpleLife; Jul 8, 2005 at 09:47 PM. )

mojo2
Professional Poster
Jul 8, 2005, 09:37 PM

I find it hard to see how any of his drivel makes sense. Does it help to show major evidence of co-dependency?

Hadn't you kept your forces in SA and continued to support the massacres and oppression of Muslims OBL wouldn't have had to fly planes into your building.
That sounds like what the abusive husband would say to the little woman...'don't make me hit you!' Or, 'I am NOT responsible for your broken jaw, Safra, YOU are!'

mojo2
Professional Poster
Jul 8, 2005, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by SimpleLife
Obviously, the six pages of this thread got lost from you...
Pardon my saying so, but as we're now on page nine, I have to conclude you are 3 pages short of a full thread.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. The joke was too good to let it go unexpressed.

SimpleLife
Mac Elite
Jul 8, 2005, 09:48 PM

Pardon my saying so, but as we're now on page nine, I have to conclude you are 3 pages short of a full thread.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. The joke was too good to let it go unexpressed.

Fine. I stand corrected. Big deal though... Makes your situation far worse...

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Jul 8, 2005, 10:11 PM

Edit: Please note that the "six" is actually a "nine" in disguise...

*Pops open a beer and stretches arms*

Yep. Thread still here. Nutn happened. Yep. Ya. Um hm.

Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 9, 2005, 12:12 AM

True

moodymonster
Mac Elite
Jul 9, 2005, 01:19 AM

Brits = New Spaniardness!

Just because people don't go around looking angry doesn't mean they are not. Ever heard of the British reserve? They was also plenty of anger in Britain after 9/11.

dialo
Senior User
Jul 9, 2005, 03:17 AM

Manhattan, London and Madrid. What do they all have in common politically? They are all overwhelming opposed to the politics of the Bush admin and conservative republicans. They are also the direct victims of these attacks. When are republicans, american conservatives and iraq war supporters going to figure out that they a) don't speak for the direct victims of the terror attacks against the west and b) are actually politically opposed to them? After all, don't these people realize that their political views are rejected by both the perpetrators and the victims of these attacks? I guess it's kind of hard to if you can't comprehend anything other than "us vs. them," them being either the victims (who happen to be those opposed to bush admin policies) or the terrorists, depending on which is more convenient at the moment.

nath
Mac Elite
Jul 9, 2005, 03:32 AM

I didn't say anything about negotiation, but well done for the knee-jerk anyway.
What I spoke of was a balanced approach. For one example, reform of the protectionist US policy in the occupied territories should have been part of the strategy from the start, and would have drained support from radical Islamic terrorist groups.

MURDEROUS, COWARDLY, SNEAKY AZZOLES WHO DESERVE TO MEET THE 72 VIRGINS TOMMORROW BUT FIND THEM TO BE STINKY SMELLING, CRAP COVERED SOWS WHO INFECT THEM WITH THE WORST POSSIBLE PIG DISEASES FOR ETERNITY
I think this probably sums up your view of the world quite neatly, so quoted for emphasis.

THAT'S a good (radical?) Muslim OBL fan-boy!
So, where exactly were you at the time of the explosions?
I know Americans sometimes have a problem understanding sarcasm, but seriously aberdeen...seek help.

Sherwin
Professional Poster
Jul 9, 2005, 04:30 AM

Instead of killing Islamic terrorists you can always simply appease them. ...snipped for brevity... Liberals caused the problem, as usual.
Spot on (the whole post).

goMac
Posting Junkie
Jul 9, 2005, 05:49 AM

Why is it that everyone thinks OBL is religiously motivated? Wake up call: He's not. He doesn't care whether or not he kills muslims or christians, in fact, he kills both. He's already targeting muslims in Iraq. He's just in it for money. He doesn't believe in muslim ideals in any way. He just uses radical muslim believes to get people to do what he wants. He's in it for money and power. He made a lot of money on the stock market after 9/11. This has nothing to do with OBL wanting to destroy the United States or destroy all Christians or destroy Democracy. This all has to do with his personal gain. So wake up. Stop blaming the Muslim religion. It has nothing to do with this. It's about the same thing as George Bush telling us we should all go invade muslim countries because they are anti-Democracy based on Christian ideals he's made up. Oh wait... that already happened...

SimpleLife
Mac Elite
Jul 9, 2005, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by moodymonster
Just because people don't go around looking angry doesn't mean they are not. Ever heard of the British reserve? They was also plenty of anger in Britain after 9/11.
You mean the Spaniards were not? I actually was using a sarcasm.

Whether there is "reserve" or not is beside the point. It is far more complex than that.

As I explained earlier in this thread, people vicitm of trauma will show denial in the first 24 to 48 hours. What appears as a reserve is just that; a containment of emotions, which does not mean they do not exist.

Later, other emotions will surge, more or less in order; anger, sadness, depression.

In the anger phase, there will be a search for culprits or scapegoats; everything goes by. The Americans in general, the U.S. Prez., the Queen, the UK Prime Minister, etc. All autoritative figures will have a go as a scapegoat, whether it is real or not. People need to control their surroundings, so they will try to get control to whatever they can. That is why people talk a lot and accuse easily, or why mobs go wild.

Later on, sadness will come through (it is not a perfectly divided process) and people will cry and cry; whether they manifest it publicly or not is a question of choice. Then people get depressed, and the feeling of powerlessness is greater. Usually people overcome that with the little success of the daily life and slowly return to normal.

Throughout this process, a lot of ideas are being churned about self and the world. The experience of trauma is a transformative event; we need to make sense of the experience we go through, and he best way to do that is to give it meaning. Some will become more religious/spiritual, other will be more enclined to act about things, others will philosophize on the positive of that experience (believe it or not, there are positives to it to the point that people may forget most of the negatives). It is not the becoming of a new identity; it is merely an attempt at being more comfortable with ourselves. Sometimes it works well, sometimes it does not, but most people turn out OK, able to move on. It is a process that take from a month to a couple of years (in the most extreme and rare cases).

Sherwin
Professional Poster
Jul 9, 2005, 08:06 AM

Why is it that everyone thinks OBL is religiously motivated? Wake up call: He's not. He doesn't care whether or not he kills muslims or christians, in fact, he kills both. He's already targeting muslims in Iraq. He's just in it for money. He doesn't believe in muslim ideals in any way. He just uses radical muslim believes to get people to do what he wants. He's in it for money and power. He made a lot of money on the stock market after 9/11. This has nothing to do with OBL wanting to destroy the United States or destroy all Christians or destroy Democracy. This all has to do with his personal gain. So wake up.
Disagree.

1) OBL is already seriously loaded.

2) You're looking at it from an atheist viewpoint. Death is not a big deal for religious people - it's not the end of anything. If OBL kills fellow muslims while he's doing allah's work, then it doesn't matter because those fellow muslims will get to paradise faster. The task at hand is far more important than death (hence suicide bombers).

Busemann
Mac Elite
Jul 9, 2005, 08:17 AM

Terrorism isn't a symptom of oppression. It is solely caused by religious extremists whose goal is to spread fear and tear our society apart.

If terrorism was a tool for the oppressed and desperate, all of Africa south of Sahara would consist of terrorists.
( Last edited by Busemann; Jul 9, 2005 at 11:12 AM. )

analogika
Posting Junkie
Jul 9, 2005, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Busemann
Terrorism isn't a symptom of oppression. It is solely caused by religious extremists whose goal is to spread fear and tear our society apart.
"extremists", not "religious extremists".

And generally, those extremists have a background that leads to their goal of spreading fear and tear our society apart.

I doubt any of them just woke up on morning, looked in the mirror, and decided that they'd be fiends now.

Busemann
Mac Elite
Jul 9, 2005, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by analogika
"extremists", not "religious extremists".

And generally, those extremists have a background that leads to their goal of spreading fear and tear our society apart.

I doubt any of them just woke up on morning, looked in the mirror, and decided that they'd be fiends now.
Almost all international terrorism today are caused by religious extremists. A lot of people in this world come from a background far worse than any al-qaeida terrorist, yet they don't resort to violence. In fact, most of them condemn it.

analogika
Posting Junkie
Jul 9, 2005, 08:47 AM

Almost all international terrorism today are caused by religious extremists. A lot of people in this world come from a background far worse than any al-qaeida terrorist, yet they don't resort to violence. In fact, most of them condemn it.
Plenty of terrorism over the past decades has been caused by POLITICAL extremists. Terror in the 60s and 70s. The PLO. Lockerbie. Even Northern Ireland and the IRA are, at heart, a POLITICAL issue.

In fact, and this is the point that seems so obvious to the rest of the world but what makes everybody seem "apologist" and "terrorist sympathiser" to many Americans, even al Qaeda was, at its root, a group of political extremists. They instrumentalized and perverted the religious concept of "jihad" to motivate and gather a grass-roots following, and the whole thing has taken on a religious dynamic that is happily fueled by all the morons who play into the game set up by al Qaeda by generalizing and inciting islamophobia, and which can only end in a huge clash of religions.

Do you really think that flying two planes into the World Trade Center was just a random act of terror, and not a statement?

If it was a statement, it sure as hell wasn't a religious one.

And not just because there were a whole lot of Muslims in the towers.

-ch.

christ
Professional Poster
Jul 9, 2005, 09:14 AM

I'll rephrase.

There's not a sane, right-thinking one of us who wouldn't gut the perps with a rusty spoon.
"right-thinking". As in "Fascist". There's the clue.

... but even so, there is a difference between punishing the offenders ("gutting the perps" as you so quaintly phrase it), and islamophobic ranting, and knee-jerk invasion of any handy country with a leader of whom you disapprove.

I am surprised that you haven't suggested invading Zimbabwe as a reprisal, or are they not muslim enough for you?
Chris. T.

"... in 6 months if WMD are found, I hope all clear-thinking people who opposed the war will say "You're right, we were wrong -- good job". Similarly, if after 6 months no WMD are found, people who supported the war should say the same thing -- and move to impeach Mr. Bush." - moki, 04/16/03

christ
Professional Poster
Jul 9, 2005, 09:18 AM

Instead of killing Islamic terrorists you can always simply appease them.
... or you can invade an apparently unrelated country. Doesn't appease terrorists, it irritates them, and creates more of them, but you feel better because someone dies to pay for your pain.

... and it turns otherwise non-hostile folk into hostiles.

... and it gives them an excuse to perform more acts of terrorism

... which in turn gives you reason to call for even more draconian measures, thereby achieving your aims.

Or you could try and fix the problem, but that is hard, so let's not do that.
Chris. T.

SimpleLife
Mac Elite
Jul 9, 2005, 09:24 AM

Could you provide examples?

christ
Professional Poster
Jul 9, 2005, 09:24 AM

They are. But the conservatives and their "lash out first, think later (if at all)" philosophy is in the way.

Follow this chain of thought just a little longer Spliff - and you arrive at the fact that the radical hawkish western conservatives and the Islamist terrorists apparently share several traits.

I find that scary, but apparently it suits you.
Chris. T.

SimpleLife
Mac Elite
Jul 9, 2005, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by christ
They are. But the conservatives and their "lash out first, think later (if at all)" philosophy is in the way.

Follow this chain of thought just a little longer Spliff - and you arrive at the fact that the radical hawkish western conservatives and the Islamist terrorists apparently share several traits.

I find that scary, but apparently it suits you.

Forum Links
Forum Rules