Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Favorite Halloween Movie/Tradition/Candy

Favorite Halloween Movie/Tradition/Candy
andi*pandi
Oct 30, 2017, 01:27 PM

Last night we carved pumpkins with the neighbors, and listened to halloween tunes. The week has been full of parties and events and tomorrow we will walk the neighborhood like you are supposed to - no trunk and treat for us!

Movies: kids being young, not ready for horror... so we're keeping the movies PG for now. Saturday the youngest and I went to a party where they showed Hocus Pocus. Bettle Middler is awesome. Thinking of showing the kids Addams Family this week. Nightmare before Christmas is always cool.

Candy: Peanut butter cups, always popular... but milky way dark, and mounds bars, I buy and hide.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 30, 2017, 04:44 PM

Carving a pumpkin is the most enjoyable holiday tradition of them all. No stress of presents and no giant family dinners to plan. It's just you, a knife, and a large-ass orange gourd for your canvas.

Plus baked salted pumpkin seeds are great! Their husks are jamming my gums as we speak.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 30, 2017, 04:46 PM

You tubers playing scary games to mess with themselves

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 30, 2017, 05:16 PM

Oh, favorite candy is Snickers bite size, but I have a temp crown in right now so I'm going the "no candy" route.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 30, 2017, 05:27 PM

Peanut-butter pumpkins are like crack

subego
Clinically Insane
Oct 30, 2017, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
I went to a party where they showed Hocus Pocus. Bettle Middler is awesome.
Went over to a friend's, and that was on during carving.

Back in the day, my dad was at a dinner with Bette, and was put in the awkward position of having to define "scatalogical" for her.

Bette, you're a pretty filthy, stand-up comic... you don't know what this means?

My contribution in the form of a poorly cropped pic.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Oct 30, 2017, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
Plus baked salted pumpkin seeds are great! Their husks are jamming my gums as we speak.
YES.

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Peanut-butter pumpkins are like crack
YES.

Basically I like eating.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Oct 30, 2017, 07:11 PM

I just realised I haven't seen The Crow in at least a decade.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

reader50
Administrator
Oct 30, 2017, 07:54 PM

My parents bought into the "razorblades in the candy" urban BS, so we didn't have fun growing up. Favorite tradition became turning the lights off early.

But we did try decorations somewhat. Pro tip: don't use a real candle in a smaller pumpkin. The heat source does funny things to the shape. You might get away with a small, low-boy candle in a large pumpkin. But an electric light source is a better bet. There are flicker-bulbs available that simulate flame light.

mindwaves
Oct 30, 2017, 10:48 PM

Used to love candy corn and tootsie rolls. One neighbor used to give full sized snicker bars!

Forum Links
Forum Rules