Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Am I being Paranoid???

Am I being Paranoid???
RevEvs
Mac Elite
Jul 15, 2001, 06:30 PM

I just hit the screen of my i book, now it wasn't too hard, but now i'm being paranoid. Has there always been a gap at the bottom edge of the screen> about a mm, you can look down it and see some paddng between the screen and metal casing with "iBook" on it. And I'm sure it's much stiffer when i close the lid. oh well everything works ok.
I free'd my mind... now it won't come back.

RedHerring
Forum Regular
Jul 15, 2001, 07:50 PM

I don't have any gaps between my screen and case around it. It's as snug as a bug in a.....oh, nevermind...you get the idea
RedHerring: Trying to do more than convert air into carbon dioxide since 1979...

Ryu
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 15, 2001, 09:02 PM

I have that too. I thought it was caused by some LCD heat issue that I reported earlier but since I checked out several retailers' iBooks and witnessed that it was a common problem, I stopped being paranoid as you are now. Don't worry about it.

RevEvs  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 16, 2001, 04:20 AM

Yeah, i think it's just me, and if i think about it, when i hit the screen there is no way it could make a gap like that. Just me being paranoid. Phew!
I free'd my mind... now it won't come back.

Forum Links
Forum Rules