Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Funny keyboard problem

Funny keyboard problem
thebunny
Forum Regular
Dec 5, 2004, 07:29 PM

Hi,

I have a 867 MHz 15'' TiBook, running 10.3.6. The keyboard is behaving really funny. I usually scroll through web pages pressing the down cursor key and sometimes it just starts showing all windows on the screen (as if I pressed F9) as I'm pressing the down key. Sometimes when I type it starts showing the desktop (as if I pressed F11) and numeric lock starts coming on and off and what I typed doesn't appear... Apple support wasn't sure it was a hardware problem since it's very intermittent. I just created a new account to see whether I can reproduce this. Did anybody else see this?

TIA.

brickcam
Forum Regular
Dec 7, 2004, 06:47 PM

I've never heard of that... did the new user show the same problem? If it were a software problem a clean install ought fix it. Not very convenient, but neither is a mis-mapped keyboard. If it still showed the problem you could be pretty confident of a hardware issue.
Cameron

Fredo
Senior User
Dec 7, 2004, 08:22 PM

Some keyboard related problems can be fixed by zapping the PRAM.
Restart, key: command, option, p, r. Let the startup chime repeat at least once.
Who are the Brain Police?

Forum Links
Forum Rules