Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Why you'll see lots of folks wearing red on Fridays. Read it here first.

Why you'll see lots of folks wearing red on Fridays. Read it here first.
mojo2
Professional Poster
Jun 28, 2005, 06:46 AM

(MODS, IF THIS IS BETTER PLACED IN POLI/WAR PLEASE SHIFT IT ACCORDINGLY. THANKS!)

Wearing Red On Fridays

Guess I'll be wearing red on Fridays..

You will soon see a lot of people wearing Red on Fridays. Here's why.....
The Americans who support our troops, are the silent majority. We are not "organized" to reflect who we are, or to reflect what our opinions are.

Many Americans, like yourself, would like to start a grassroots movement using the membership of the Special Operations Association, and Special Forces Associations, and all their friends, simply, to recognize that Americans support our troops. We need to inform the local VFW's and American Legion, our local press, local TV, and continue carrying the message to the national levels as we start to get this going. Our idea of showing our solidarity and support for our troops is -starting Friday,
and continuing on each and every Friday, until this is over, that every red - blooded American who supports our young men and women,

WEAR SOMETHING RED.

Word of mouth, press, TV -- let's see if we can make the United States, on any given Friday, a sea of red much like a home football game at a University.

If every one of our memberships share this with other
acquaintances, fellow workers, friends, and neighbors, I guarantee that it will not be long before the USA will be covered in RED - and make our troops know there are many people thinking of their well-being. You will feel better all day Friday when you wear Red!

Let's get the word out and lead by example; wear RED on Fridays.

I sent this out to everyone on my email list; hopefully, you will too.
Please forward this to everyone you know!!

Wear Red on Fridays .

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS, WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE, BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE.
FOR US, THEIR BLOOD RUNS RED!! GOD BLESS AMERICA.

Randman
Posting Junkie
Jun 28, 2005, 06:51 AM

I fully support any troops place in a hostile environment but how does wearing red help them? Not trying to rain on the red parade, just trying to wrap my mind around the concept.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 28, 2005, 06:54 AM

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 28, 2005, 07:29 AM

ManOfSteal
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 28, 2005, 07:54 AM

Yeah, but how many pieces of flair do you have?

starman
Clinically Insane
Jun 28, 2005, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by mojo2
(MODS, IF THIS IS BETTER PLACED IN THE TRASH PLEASE SHIFT IT ACCORDINGLY. THANKS!)
Fixed

How many ways do we need to show that we support our troops? Seriously. Ribbons on trees, car magnets, and now wearing red on Friday?

Mike

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

jasonsRX7
Mac Elite
Jun 28, 2005, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by ManOfSteal
Yeah, but how many pieces of flair do you have?
You do want to express yourself, don't you?

TheMosco
Mac Elite
Jun 28, 2005, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by starman
Fixed

How many ways do we need to show that we support our troops? Seriously. Ribbons on trees, car magnets, and now wearing red on Friday?

Mike
Not to mention getting this in my email from a bunch of different people back in 2004 and now getting it again in 2005. Its's really annoying.
AXP
ΔΣΦ

Oisín
Moderator Emeritus
Jun 28, 2005, 02:06 PM

I think I'll be seeing a lot of people wearing red this Friday because red is a very popular summer colour here this year.

dreilly1
Mac Elite
Jun 28, 2005, 02:15 PM

Is this supposed to show our support for the troops, or to more easily point out the commie pinko liberals... oh wait... commies wear red, too! nuts.

Member of the the Stupid Brigade! (If you see Sponsored Links in any of my posts, please PM me!)

iMOTOR
Mac Elite
Jun 28, 2005, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by mojo2
make the United States, on any given Friday, a sea of red much like a home football game at a University.

Support the troops by looking like one big Huskers game?? wtf

AB^2=BCxAC
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 28, 2005, 02:18 PM

Who doesn't support the troops? Everyone supports the troops. The only thing people criticize is the war and the way it's being run, and even that's not a criticism of the troops.
"I stand accused, just like you, for being born without a silver spoon." Richard Ashcroft

PacHead
Baninated
Jun 28, 2005, 02:24 PM

The ironic thing is that violent people who do not support our troops also wear red, red marks on their face that is.

http://www.iacboston.org/images/oakl...ack040703A.jpg

PacHead
Baninated
Jun 28, 2005, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by AB^2=BCxAC
Who doesn't support the troops? Everyone supports the troops.
That is not true.

These people do not support the troops.

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Jun 28, 2005, 02:26 PM

Who doesn't support the troops? Everyone supports the troops. The only thing people criticize is the war and the way it's being run, and even that's not a criticism of the troops.
What? How dare you say that! You want those poor boys to be killed, don't you? I bet you celebrate every time the news reports another attack on American soldiers!

Meanwhile, back on Earth:

AB^2=BCxAC
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 28, 2005, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by nonhuman
What? How dare you say that! You want those poor boys to be killed, don't you? I bet you celebrate every time the news reports another attack on American soldiers! :
Better move this into the War room. I love being accused as a traitor as much as the next guy, but this is pretty ugly and petty after I just said that I support the troops.
"I stand accused, just like you, for being born without a silver spoon." Richard Ashcroft

PacHead
Baninated
Jun 28, 2005, 02:50 PM

Better move this into the War room. I love being accused as a traitor as much as the next guy, but this is pretty ugly and petty after I just said that I support the troops.
Yep, hurry up and bury this thread where nobody will see it.

You made false statements, and I have proven that your statements were untrue.

andi*pandi
Jun 28, 2005, 02:51 PM

Part of the procedure of joining MacNN should be the issuing of a personal sarcasmonometer for everyone.

ManOfSteal
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 28, 2005, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi
Part of the procedure of joining MacNN should be the issuing of a personal sarcasmonometer for everyone.

nonhuman
Posting Junkie

Originally Posted by andi*pandi
No kidding...

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN

Exactly. I have no quarrel with our troops in the field. I bought a bunch of phone cards at Christmastime through the post office that were sent to our troops overseas so they could call home. I've made donations to different organizations raising funds for our troops. Sure, there are a fe bad apples in the military, what large organization doesn't have amoral, unethical individuals among them.

HOWEVER, unqualified support for our troops should in no way imply unqualified support for the folks sending them into harms way. My (current) beef is with the Bush Administration and they way they rushed into the war in Iraq. I mean they sent troops over there without enough properly armored vehicles and personal body armor. Heck, it was last Spring when the Camelbak corporation ceased all production of their consumer CamelBak models for a month so they could fill a special order from the military for the military model CamelBak. Why the heck didn't the military order all these things ahead of time? That kind of stuff is what pisses me off.

When they have a parade in DC for all the troops returning from the WoT (Iraq, Afghanistan, wherver) I will be out there cheering them on. And then I'll swing by the White House to shake my fist at President Bush for the porr way he has handled the WoT.
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

JHromadka
Mac Elite
Jun 28, 2005, 02:57 PM

Wouldn't wearing yellow be supporting troops? Red is for commies.

PacHead
Baninated
Jun 28, 2005, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by dcmacdaddy
Exactly.
How can you agree with him, when I have already proven what he has claimed to be false ?

Not everyone supports the troops.

Anyhow, carry on.

dreilly1
Mac Elite
Jun 28, 2005, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by JHromadka
Wouldn't wearing yellow be supporting troops? Red is for commies.
Are you calling our troops yellow? Damn commie.

Member of the the Stupid Brigade! (If you see Sponsored Links in any of my posts, please PM me!)

AB^2=BCxAC
Grizzled Veteran

Sometimes, just sometimes, I get responses to my posts that make me want to never come back here. I get over it, and then get dragged back in another day. I wish I could stop getting baited.

Randman
Posting Junkie

Yellow is chicken. I guess sand camo would be the colour.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 28, 2005, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by PacHead
How can you agree with him, when I have already proven what he has claimed to be false ?

Not everyone supports the troops.

Anyhow, carry on.
Just for your sake, I will clarify my comment.

"Yes. You are correct, PacHead. Not everyone supports our troops."

There, do you feel better now?
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

ReggieX
Professional Poster
Jun 28, 2005, 03:13 PM

I'd rather wear jeans to support our lesbians.
The Lord said 'Peter, I can see your house from here.'

PacHead
Baninated
Jun 28, 2005, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by dcmacdaddy
Just for your sake, I will clarify my comment.

"Yes. You are correct, PacHead. Not everyone supports our troops."

There, do you feel better now?
Yes, thanks.

ASIMO
Mac Elite
Jun 28, 2005, 03:20 PM

Red, eh? Then this administration will be wearing anything but red this Friday, just as they have everyday since they sent the troops to Iraq.
I, ASIMO.

PacHead
Baninated
Jun 28, 2005, 03:34 PM

Bush wears red. Here's a red tie.

Oisín
Moderator Emeritus
Jun 28, 2005, 03:57 PM

Sometimes, just sometimes, I get responses to my posts that make me want to never come back here. I get over it, and then get dragged back in another day. I wish I could stop getting baited.
Just in case you haven't realised this yet: nonhuman's reply to your post was sarcasm. When andi*pandi said everyone here should have a sarcasmometer installed, she was referring to you

AB^2=BCxAC
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 28, 2005, 04:19 PM

I guess you're right. It's hard for me to tell. Sometimes, I figure it's wishful thinking if I assume it's sarcasm with comments like that. For me, sarcasm isn't easy to spot when hyperbole looks so much like the real thing (especially when followed by an angry face emoticon rather than the wink). *sigh*

Oisín
Moderator Emeritus
Jun 28, 2005, 04:22 PM

I guess you're right. It's hard for me to tell. Sometimes, I figure it's wishful thinking if I assume it's sarcasm with comments like that. For me, sarcasm isn't easy to spot when hyperbole looks so much like the real thing (especially when followed by an angry face emoticon rather than the wink). *sigh*
Well, in nonhuman's case, you can be sure that pretty much everything is sarcastic

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Jun 28, 2005, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Oisín
Well, in nonhuman's case, you can be sure that pretty much everything is sarcastic
Me, sarcastic? Never!

Kevin
Baninated
Jun 28, 2005, 04:34 PM

Who doesn't support the troops? Everyone supports the troops..
You are kidding right? No one has been calling them baby killers? Or accused them of being naughty?

No one?

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Jun 28, 2005, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by KevinK
You are kidding right? No one has been calling them baby killers? Or accused them of being naughty?

No one?
Yeah, cause it's not possible to accuse some people in a group of something without automatically accusing all people in that group of the thing.

Railroader
Banned
Jun 28, 2005, 04:40 PM

Recently, at work, a group of us have been wearing black to support a leadership change at our local Union. We creatively call ourselves the "opposition party". Unfortunately we lost our bid to replace the curret leaders in a recent election. I still wear the black to show my dissatisfaction with the direction of our local union.

I like the idea of wearing a symbolic color to support the troops and what they are doing. Red seems a bit controversial, and I don't like wearing yellow.

So, red on Fridays it is!

Kevin
Baninated
Jun 28, 2005, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by nonhuman
Yeah, cause it's not possible to accuse some people in a group of something without automatically accusing all people in that group of the thing.
How is calling all troops baby killers only calling some people baby killers in any way?

Tito Puente
Jun 28, 2005, 04:52 PM

I support the other side. But wish there was no genocide being committed on the Iraqis and Afghanis, I mean war.

Kevin
Baninated
Jun 28, 2005, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Tito Puente
I support the other side. But wish there was no genocide being committed on the Iraqis and Afghanis, I mean war.
genocide?

Tito Puente
Jun 28, 2005, 04:57 PM

genocide?

If the shoe fits, as they say.

Kevin
Baninated
Jun 28, 2005, 05:00 PM

The only people that would even be CLOSE to doing such a thing down there are the terrorists that are trying to stop Iraq from being free.

You know, the ones fighting against America and the people of Iraq by blowing them up

Tito Puente
Jun 28, 2005, 05:02 PM

The only people that would even be CLOSE to doing such a thing down there are the terrorists that are trying to stop Iraq from being free.

You know, the ones fighting against America and the people of Iraq by blowing them up

Um, sure.

Kevin
Baninated
Jun 28, 2005, 05:05 PM

Wow good reply. You've convinced me.

After that post of yours, there is no way I can defend what I said.

Tito Puente
Jun 28, 2005, 05:07 PM

Wow good reply. You've convinced me.

After that post of yours, there is no way I can defend what I said.

Do you think what you wrote merits a reply? Some things are best laughed at and ignored.

demograph68
Professional Poster
Jun 28, 2005, 05:10 PM

So, that wraps up today's red discussion...

Tito Puente
Jun 28, 2005, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by demograph68
So, that wraps up today's red discussion...

But... but... what about them Commiez!@$$@!!?

PacHead
Baninated
Jun 28, 2005, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Tito Puente

Yes, let us all support the barbaric headchoppers instead !

Tito Puente
Jun 28, 2005, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by PacHead

Yes, let us all support the barbaric headchoppers instead !

I thought that's what the US army does with their large arsenal of weapons?

Forum Links
Forum Rules