Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Anyone received their MacBook Pro yet?

Anyone received their MacBook Pro yet? (Page 15)
surfratt
Feb 23, 2006, 11:57 AM

Mine is supposed to be delivered tomorrow, but its at the local FedEx facility and loooks like it will be delivered today. I am at work so wont be home to get it Will they try to redeliver tomorrow? I have already called in sick for that day as that is the day it was supposed to be delivered. Will I be able to pick it up at the facility tonight after work if they tried to deliver today? How does that work??

lordhamster
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 23, 2006, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by surfratt
Mine is supposed to be delivered tomorrow, but its at the local FedEx facility and loooks like it will be delivered today. I am at work so wont be home to get it Will they try to redeliver tomorrow? I have already called in sick for that day as that is the day it was supposed to be delivered. Will I be able to pick it up at the facility tonight after work if they tried to deliver today? How does that work??
Usually if you go after a certain time, you can pick up the package. If you aren't there when they deliver Fedex will leave a note, that note usually says they'll attempt re-delivery or you can pick it up at the facility after x oclock.

surfratt
Feb 23, 2006, 02:02 PM

They attempted to deliver 30 minutes ago Oh well, I will see if I can pick up after work or if they will attempt to rediver tomorrow. It kills me that I could of had it in my hands today I should have taken both days off Oh well, soon enough.

Simon
Posting Junkie
Feb 23, 2006, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by jamminjamster
So what are these "far more credible" sites. I'm new to the whole apple community and i'm trying to absorb everything I can. Pass a few sites alone, would ya?
http://www.appletalker.com/forum/

Bennii
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 23, 2006, 03:01 PM

I finally got it. I hoped it would by by the time that the Apple Itunes store hit 1 Billion, and it arrived on the same day.

jamminjamster
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 23, 2006, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by terigox
When did you order jammin?
Actually ordered quite late, 1/18 at 8:29am. But my order was for:

MBPRO 15/1.83 CTO
1.83Ghz Intel Core Duo/VR128MB
512MB 667 DDR2- 1 SO-DIMM
100GB Serial ATA Drive@7200rpm
SuperDrive (DVD±RW/CD-RW)
Apple USB Modem
iWork
BkLit Keyboard/Mac OS
Airport Extreme Card&BT

terigox
Forum Regular
Feb 23, 2006, 03:18 PM

ahh, ok, doesnt look like they've quite gotten to the Jan 30th orders yet.... *taps foot impatiently*

myrddincox
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 23, 2006, 03:24 PM

Well - my MBP 2.0 - ordered 1/12 - still shows no sign of shipping. Order status still says Feb 28. Can't figure out why it seems to be taking so long compared to others. I know, I know, the "ship by" date still hasn't arrived - but, other systems with similar configs but ordered much later seem to have already shipped. Oh well, patience...

BTW - this is a bit of a homecoming for me. After working on a mac throughout my undergrad days - I haven't owned one in years. Switching to a unix based OS got me interested... and i just happened to decide to take the plunge at the same time the MBP was announced. So, here i am... waiting ....

Oder details:
2.0GHz Intel Core Duo/256MB
2GB 667 DDR2- 2x1GB SO-DIMMs
120GB Serial ATA Drive@5400rpm
BkLit Keyboard/Mac OS
Airport Extreme Card&BT

Daniel Bayer
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 23, 2006, 03:48 PM

I just got off the phone w/ FedX. I was checking to see why my 2.0, 2GB, 7200 is stuck in "Clearance" in Indianapolis.

Apparently, The amount on the shipping invoice for 546 MacBook Pro's do not match the amount of pieces.

I was supposed to get it tomorrow, but that might not happen.
"I'll take a extra layer of ram on that
gigaflop sandwich mister"

terigox
Forum Regular
Feb 23, 2006, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by myrddincox
Well - my MBP 2.0 - ordered 1/12 - still shows no sign of shipping. Order status still says Feb 28. Can't figure out why it seems to be taking so long compared to others. I know, I know, the "ship by" date still hasn't arrived - but, other systems with similar configs but ordered much later seem to have already shipped. Oh well, patience...
Patience is always harder when you're waiting on something fun and you're excited about

AmericanPsych0
Feb 23, 2006, 04:08 PM

I'm kinda bummed. I ordered mine on Jan. 10th, but I haven't heard any word on it since early yesterday morning when it was reported as missing the cutoff. I say "kinda" because I'm keeping my hopes up with reports from others that theirs arrived early. (Mine has an estimated delivery date of Monday the 27th.)
When Vin Diesel pops a can of Pringles, the fun stops after about fifteen minutes.

atc ben
Feb 23, 2006, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Daniel Bayer
Apparently, The amount on the shipping invoice for 546 MacBook Pro's do not match the amount of pieces.

::whispers:: Does anyone wanna buy a new Macbook Pro? It uhhh... just fell off the truck.
( Last edited by atc ben; Feb 23, 2006 at 08:49 PM. )
-Ben- 15" Macbook Pro 2.33, 2GB RAM, 160HD, Matte
My

djub
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 23, 2006, 04:21 PM

American Psycho - I'm in the exact same situation as you (missed cutoff yesterday morning and no updates since then - Fedex estimated delivery of 2/27).

Please keep me updated if you get any updated tracking info - I will do the same.

Thanks,
DJ

djub
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 23, 2006, 04:26 PM

accidental double post

schalliol
Mac Elite
Feb 23, 2006, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Simon
They have like 30 threads total.

oh when oh when is my MacBook shipping, oh when, oh when can it be?
( Last edited by schalliol; Feb 23, 2006 at 07:03 PM. )
iMac Late '15 5K 27" 4.0 Quad i7 24/512GB SSD OWC ThunderDock 2 Blu-Ray ±RW MBP '14 Retina 15" 2.6 16/1TB iPhone 7+ 128 Jet Black iPad Pro 128 + Cellular

FOR SALE: MP '06 Yosemite 8x3.0 24/240GB SSD RAID 0, 240GB SSD, 1.5TB HDD RAID 0, 1TB HDD, Blu-Ray±RW, Radeon HD 5770

Bennii
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 23, 2006, 08:14 PM

Mine passed thru there last night

inkhead
Senior User
Feb 23, 2006, 08:14 PM

Is everyone who orderd macbook pros going to be angry when apple releases a tablet computer on the 28th?

jeebus
Feb 23, 2006, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by terigox
I ordered mine Jan 30th, and I haven't been charged, nor has there been an update to my order status Anyone order around then, that has any more details??
I also ordered on Jan 30th ( the 2.0 GHz model CTO w/7200 RPM HD) and it is was originally set to ship on feb 24, moved to mar 3 when they announced the processor upgrades.

Today I called Apple and the rep told me that she thinks it is very likely that it will ship before the 3rd. The 3rd is the absolute latest it will ship but she said it was "very likely" that it would ship sooner than that.

I was excited to hear that news, I hope it helps you.

jeebus
Feb 23, 2006, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by inkhead
Is everyone who orderd macbook pros going to be angry when apple releases a tablet computer on the 28th?
Well, I would be quite surprised if they do release one on the 28th. I believe they will introduce the 13.3" widescreen iBooks (non tablet form) and some other iPod stuff on that day. Don't forget these are "fun new products" not "powerful new pro tools".

When I bought my MBP I was comfortable because basically I have been holding off on buying a new laptop since august and this was exactly what I was waiting for. I'm sure in the near future they'll have a totally redesigned Macbook with the merom processor, but I can't wait any longer and the MBP is what I have been waiting for anyway so I am comfortable with this purchase even though I expect even better stuff to come out in the future.

lordhamster
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 23, 2006, 08:32 PM

Depends on the specs. If it has the same specs as the MacBook Pro and has some unique and excellent tablet capabilities, then yes, I'd be upset.

However, I've played with tablet pc toshibas running xp tablet edition and was not too impressed. Everyone who I know (clients) who bought one either gave it up or never uses it as a tablet. The only thing they do is rotate the screen for presentations.

Of course, if they offer a tablet version of the MacBook pro with the same exact specs and price as the one I've got on order, I'd probably change to that.. but I doubt it will be the same.

Still eagerly awaiting notification of shipping. I've been busy reading everything there is to read about macs now for the last three days since I orderd. I suspect I'm in for a long wait.

John123
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 23, 2006, 08:41 PM

I have no desire for a tablet.
MacBook Pro 15" -- 2.2Ghz, 4GB, 200GB 7200rpm
iPod Nano 2G -- 8GB

ccwillows
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 23, 2006, 09:34 PM

Thought I'd chime in with my shipping results...

2.0/1gb/7200rpm
Ordered Jan.12.
Shipped Feb. 21st. Scheduled Feb. 24th.
Received...this morning (Feb. 23rd) at 8am: the earliest bestest Fedexest delivery I have ever received.
Indianapolis to my doorstep in Phoenix overnight with free shipping?
A truly amazing computer. No complaints. Looks even better on the 23" cinema that has been staring at me for a month and a half waiting for a computer that could power it up.

Wow! What a day.

Good luck for those of you still waiting...I feel your pain.
( Last edited by ccwillows; Feb 23, 2006 at 09:41 PM. )

jimbosyn
Forum Regular
Feb 23, 2006, 11:05 PM

Has any one seen this type of delay? How long will this delay last? It looks like I was on track to get my MBP by Friday, but with this delay, I doubt it. This entire day has been wasted with my 'book sitting in Indiana.

mgehman
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 23, 2006, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by jimbosyn
Has any one seen this type of delay? How long will this delay last? It looks like I was on track to get my MBP by Friday, but with this delay, I doubt it. This entire day has been wasted with my 'book sitting in Indiana.

Ooooo a long time dude. They have to unpack all the items in that shipment and examine them by hand. It is a lot like when you get picked for the extra search at the airport only it is the whole shipment...... No I'm only messing with you. It shouldn't be more than a couple of hours delay. It won't delay your delivery. This used to happen more right after 9/11, and even then it didn't take very long.
"The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the day they start making vacuum cleaners."
- Ernst Jan Plugge
MacBook Pro 2.33GHzDC 3GB RAM

gmsmith
Forum Regular
Feb 23, 2006, 11:21 PM

I would guess you will see it tomorrow. Generally Fedex flights to destination airports leave in the morning. Like the flight to Norfolk is at 4:30a.

Keep your fingers crossed.

A friend of mine has his stuck in Indy for a day and then he got it the following day (like in our situation he would have received his tomorrow).

Mithras
Professional Poster
Feb 23, 2006, 11:21 PM

Maybe you ordered some Alaskan thunderfuck along with the MacBook and that's holding things up a bit.

jimbosyn
Forum Regular
Feb 23, 2006, 11:42 PM

me crosses fingers.. It's too bad I'm covering for my boss at work tomorrow. else I feel an illness coming on.

onlykaria
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 24, 2006, 02:43 AM

lol not likely because chances are my mbp wont even have shipped by then

RussGJohnson
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 24, 2006, 02:55 AM

Mine was stuck in Indy with the same delay all day Tuesday, but by wednesday morning it was on a truck in Ca. and to my house by 10:30.

Good luck to you tomorrow!
15" Macbook Pro 2.16, 2GB, 7200rpm HD (on order)
15" Powerbook 1.67, 1GB, HR Screen (looking for a buyer)

Dumbo
Baninated
Feb 24, 2006, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by schalliol
They have like 30 threads total.
But not a single dumbass member.

aSwindler
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 24, 2006, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by schalliol
Not true. I believe that Apple noted that everyone might get the express shipping upgraded for free on these because of the delay in delivery. The ground and 2-day options were always there, and they did make a difference for estimated dates. The ground and 2-day are what were noted to cover the shipping once the units cleared customs. As such the 2-day saves about 2-days off the ground shipping for most.
I upgraded my shipping a few days before my MBP was originally set to ship. Figured it was worth the $15 just on the chance I'd save a day or two. They charged my card for the upgrade before the computer. Then it looked like FedEd missed the deadline to get it out last Saturday but it still showed up Tuesday. Go figure. Of course I haven't even had much of a chance to play until tonight.

aSwindler
MacBook Pro 2.0Ghz/1GB/100GB 7200RPM
Power Macintosh G5 2.0Ghz DP (June 2004)/3.5GB/160 GB SATA
Mac Mini 1.25Ghz/512MB/40GB (int), 740GB (FW)
PowerBook G4 667Mhz (Gigabit Ethernet)/1GB/60 GB 7200 RPM
DIY Athlon 64 X2 4400+ 2.2Ghz/1GB/250GB SATA/eVGA GeForce 7800GT
Dell PowerEdge Server 2.4Ghz P4/512MB/150GB
Dell 2405 24" LCD | Dell 2005 20" LCD | Dual DVI KVM switches
iPod Nano 4GB | iPod 2G 20GB

gmsmith
Forum Regular
Feb 24, 2006, 07:26 AM

Mine is in Norfolk after an extended stay in Indianapolis...so I should see it today.

mrplow
Feb 24, 2006, 08:34 AM

Ordered the 11th, shipped the 21st "After FexEx Cutoff", estimate to come 27... sounds like everyone else is getting in less than three days...

Daniel Bayer
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 24, 2006, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by gmsmith
Mine is in Norfolk after an extended stay in Indianapolis...so I should see it today.
Mine had the same delay, it now shows that it arrived in Memphis at around 1 AM and then departed at 4. I live in a ski town in the Rockies, no chance I am seeing today.

dec
Feb 24, 2006, 09:00 AM

Mine left shanghai on the 22nd, tracking info hasnt updated since then.

terigox
Forum Regular
Feb 24, 2006, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by jeebus
I also ordered on Jan 30th ( the 2.0 GHz model CTO w/7200 RPM HD) and it is was originally set to ship on feb 24, moved to mar 3 when they announced the processor upgrades.

Today I called Apple and the rep told me that she thinks it is very likely that it will ship before the 3rd. The 3rd is the absolute latest it will ship but she said it was "very likely" that it would ship sooner than that.

I was excited to hear that news, I hope it helps you.
Thanks for that update I certainly hope it ships next week and we have ours by the end of the week! That would make me very, very very very happy!!

To all those that have shipping confirmations, when did you see your credit card charges? The same day as the shipping notice, a day before, when?

Have fun everyone I'm enjoying reading everyone's experiences with this, it's quite fun.

xamishx
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 24, 2006, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by dec
Mine left shanghai on the 22nd, tracking info hasnt updated since then.
Me too. I'm hoping it's just a fluke, and it's going to show up at my office today, somehow. Maybe even wrapped in a big bow - I've got high expectations.

Edit: No such luck. It just got to Alaska at 7:15 this morning. Oh well, at least I can look forward to Monday for a change!
( Last edited by xamishx; Feb 24, 2006 at 12:39 PM. )

Daniel Bayer
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 24, 2006, 02:14 PM

I just got mine a few moments ago, cute packaging.

She up and running, thought in a few hours.

I will be running heavy photoshop tasks in tandem w/ 17 in. 1.33 ghz w/ 2gb of ram and 7,200.

See ya!!

gmsmith
Forum Regular
Feb 24, 2006, 02:52 PM

Got mine...very sweet

Greg

AppleCello
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 24, 2006, 03:11 PM

how long will it take Apple to meet demand and be able to start warehousing some stock of the MacBook Pro on shore?

It seems that they have made no progress in shortening the 3-4 week leadtime as of yet. Will these machines be scarce through April and into May?

hldan
Mac Elite
Feb 24, 2006, 03:23 PM

Got mine...very sweet

Greg

Wow Greg, that's it?? We have been waiting to hear about everyone getting theirs and since you have been on the MacNN forums for a while you should know by now that it's important that with each celebration of a new baby you are required to tell a short story with pics to follow. Hook it up!
iMac 24" 2.8 Ghz Core 2 Extreme
500GB HDD
4GB Ram
Proud new Owner!

jimbosyn
Forum Regular
Feb 24, 2006, 03:26 PM

Ok, my wife signed for mine around 11:00am EST. It should be noted that my delivery estimate was the 27th, so it did get here early! It was stuck in INDY all day yesterday, then it left there with a direct flight to Atlanta around 11:30pm. Now, If i could just leave work early )

jimbosyn
Forum Regular
Feb 24, 2006, 03:29 PM

My wife signed for mine around 11:30am. It sat all day yesterday in INDY with a est delivery date of the 27th(Monday). It'll be nice to have this baby to play with all weekend!

lordhamster
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 24, 2006, 05:04 PM

When you guys post your delivery dates, could you also re-post the order date and the machine specs?

gmsmith
Forum Regular
Feb 24, 2006, 08:32 PM

It is sweet

Mine has none of the issues people have "complained" about...screen is amazing.

I had ordered on 1/23 (after changing/canceling my original order to upgrade to the 7200rpm drive). Shipped on the 21st, had a nice little vacation in Indianapolis and then made its way to Williamsburg on 2/24.

I am just getting it setup (portable home directory is very cool) Now if only we see an Intel mini on Tuesday, life will be good

Anyone know where to find an extra power adapter for these MacBooks?

Timetheus
Forum Regular
Feb 24, 2006, 10:42 PM

Anyone know where to find an extra power adapter for these MacBooks?
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...lm=MA357LL%2FA

I don't know if you were looking for one cheaper (less than $80), or that will ship sooner (it lists 3-4 weeks), but my guess is that's the only place you'll get them anytime soon.

terigox
Forum Regular
Feb 25, 2006, 12:53 AM

I just went and played with the Macbooks at my local Apple store.... ohhhhhhh I want mine sooo bad!!!!! When oh when shall it shiP!??!?!?!?!?!?!?

Glad to hear you're enjoying it gmsmith!!

John123
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 25, 2006, 05:14 AM

Has anyone received a MBP from a reseller? I'd like to know about Amazon.com in particular, but I'll settle for any reseller reports in general. Most of the posts here seem to be folks who have ordered from Apple.com or been lucky enough to grab one in a local Apple Store...
MacBook Pro 15" -- 2.2Ghz, 4GB, 200GB 7200rpm
iPod Nano 2G -- 8GB

bennychuang
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 25, 2006, 06:41 AM

Still no sign of delivery/shipping notice
My original order date was feb 10, with est shipping of Feb 28.
The "free upgrade" moved mine back to March 3, and I called to upgrade right after Apple announced the availibity of 2.16.
The est. shipping is March 17 and est deliver is March 21

spec:
2.16GHz Intel Core Duo/256MB
1GB 667 DDR2- 1 SO-DIMM
100GB Serial ATA Drive@5400rpm
BkLit Keyboard/Mac OS
Airport Extreme Card&BT

dec
Feb 25, 2006, 07:34 AM

An update on mine. It left shanghai on the 22nd and my tracking hadnt updated. I called apple and I'm told it is in fact still on its way from shanghai. It will now be next week before it gets any further and they expect to be able to deliver on the 4th. What a shitty delivery period.

Forum Links
Forum Rules