Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Fable 2

Fable 2
mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 22, 2008, 02:43 PM

Ordered it.

Everyone that I know that has played it loves it.

Andy8
Mac Elite
Oct 22, 2008, 08:38 PM

There was a queue of people waiting to buy it in the shop I was getting Far Cry 2 from the other day.

Big-C
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 22, 2008, 11:47 PM

I just got it and I'm lovin it.

shinji
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 23, 2008, 01:24 AM

It's fun but I think I enjoyed the original a bit more.

Peter
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 23, 2008, 04:45 AM

out tomorrow for me. Hyped.
we don't have time to stop for gas

mattyb  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 23, 2008, 04:07 PM

Amazon have dispatched it to me today.

A couple of guys on an Xbox forum have raved about it. Co-op doesn't seem to be all that it could be though. One guy said that he gets so distracted fooling around that he forgets his quest. Really addictive apparently.

Peter
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 23, 2008, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Andy8 View Post
There was a queue of people waiting to buy it in the shop I was getting Far Cry 2 from the other day.
the level editor in Far Cry 2 looks insane.

Geofries
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 24, 2008, 09:38 AM

Bought lost odyssey on saturday, turned around and cancelled my fable 2 pre order. Beat the first one, but thought it was a really cheesy half assed game. I saw the huge potential, but it was not realized for me. I guess I just prefer western RPGs. I don't rule out picking it up at some distant point in the future though (I beat fable 1 only a few months ago).

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 24, 2008, 11:29 AM

It's a fun game, but I don't think it's amazing.

I grew very bored of the "real life" part of the game and have concentrated on doing the quests. I own two houses which are rented out so I get money from that, and I do the work mini-games if I need money quickly. All I'm using the money for is weapons, clothes, and books.

In my opinion, the co-op is horrible. Both people share the camera so it'll zoom out if you go far away from each other. We're playing online, so we both have our own TV, why do we need to share the camera? I can understand this limitation for local coop.
I'm not sure if it's possible or if they have any plans to, but it'd be nice if they patch the co-op issues. A friend and I played co-op last night but it wasn't fun.

Dakar V
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 24, 2008, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by mdc View Post
In my opinion, the co-op is horrible. Both people share the camera so it'll zoom out if you go far away from each other. We're playing online, so we both have our own TV, why do we need to share the camera? I can understand this limitation for local coop.
That is very, very disappointing.

I think it's all but certain that I'll wait to get this till it goes down in price (or used).

Mac User #001
Mac Elite
Oct 25, 2008, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by Peter View Post
the level editor in Far Cry 2 looks insane.
It does. I just picked up the game today (along with Dead Space) and I'm excited about trying out the editor. But I'll be playing the game first.
I have returned... 2020 MacBook Air - 1.1 GHz Quad-Core i5 - 16 GB RAM

Big-C
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 25, 2008, 11:25 AM

If you get a chance (and feel like it), post your thoughts on Dead Space - that looks like one really cool game...

Peter
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 25, 2008, 04:10 PM

love it. ****ing scary though.
Love the interface that is on your back, and the graphics are stunning.

Big-C
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 26, 2008, 12:50 AM

Thanks - it really looks awesome. Probably a xmas purchase...

goMac
Posting Junkie
Oct 26, 2008, 01:09 AM

I don't know if Lionhead has much luck with sequels. Black and White 2 was not great.

That said, I haven't even played Fable 1 yet. Maybe I'll give it a spin on XBL.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

Peter
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 26, 2008, 06:38 AM

Fable 2 is good, completed main story in a little under 10 hours. Love the dog, don't love the lack of variety in weapons though. Its way too easy to get all legendary weapons ...

jakemann23
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 29, 2008, 03:11 PM

this game broke my 360 and now im sad

Rumor
Oct 29, 2008, 04:52 PM

I just bought Mass Effect and the Witcher. My next purchase will be Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir. Perhaps after the beginning of the year, I will buy Fable 2.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

@pplejaxkz
Senior User
Oct 29, 2008, 08:45 PM

I've been watching my brother play Fable 2 and it looks pretty sick. I may have to hijack the 360 in the middle of the night to test it out.

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 29, 2008, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Big-C View Post
If you get a chance (and feel like it), post your thoughts on Dead Space - that looks like one really cool game...
Dead Space is good. Nothing revolutionary, but a fun ride. Amazing graphics and sound.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

Mac User #001
Mac Elite
Oct 29, 2008, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Big-C View Post
It is. It's generally a pretty average game, but it has impressive graphics and the coolest in-game menus I've seen. The creep factor is there, but is nothing next to F.E.A.R. The over-the-shoulder camera only gets in the way in cramped areas, which aren't too often. The musical score is quite haunting. And now I'm starting to sound like any review you could have just read on the Internet. It's a great game, so if it looks good to you, get it.

Geofries
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 30, 2008, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Rumor View Post
I just bought Mass Effect and the Witcher. My next purchase will be Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir. Perhaps after the beginning of the year, I will buy Fable 2.
Mass Effect is probabl the best game I own on the 360. Just all around goodness.

Currently playing through Lost Odessey.

mattyb  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 31, 2008, 03:12 PM

Dunno how Peter did the game in 10 hours. Did you do it as evil or good Peter?

Having fun wandering around, earning some money, chatting up the females, doing the odd quest. Slowly but surely - thats me.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 31, 2008, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Mac User #001 View Post
It is. It's generally a pretty average game, but it has impressive graphics and the coolest in-game menus I've seen. The creep factor is there, but is nothing next to F.E.A.R. The over-the-shoulder camera only gets in the way in cramped areas, which aren't too often. The musical score is quite haunting. And now I'm starting to sound like any review you could have just read on the Internet. It's a great game, so if it looks good to you, get it.
No offense, but F.E.A.R. isn't exactly that scary of a game to compare something to.

Mac User #001
Mac Elite
Oct 31, 2008, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
No offense, but F.E.A.R. isn't exactly that scary of a game to compare something to.
Personal preference, I guess.

gradient
Mac Elite
Nov 3, 2008, 03:36 AM

I just picked up Fable II earlier today and am loving it so far. The graphics are gorgeous and there is some real artistry put into the storyline, at least in the early part of it (because I haven't gotten all that far yet).

I was trying to be a good character, but then accidentally zapped an innocent citizen with my magic (damn fat fingers) and it was all downhill from there: huge melee with 20+ guards and I ended up with the Paragon achievement and am now on the lam from the law - good times!!!

mattyb  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 3, 2008, 07:19 AM

I've got a very very pure character - even have a halo over my head !!! Got hitched, had kid then cleaned myself up a bit. Now every woman in Bowerstone wants to marry me. I'm tempted to see what happens with handing our rings left right and centre.

ajprice
Professional Poster
Nov 3, 2008, 09:05 AM

I'm going evil, my skin's turning blue, and I've got dark eyes. Decided to play as the girl character, because, well, for eye candy reasons (I did the same in Mass Effect).

It'll be much easier if you just comply.

Mac User #001
Mac Elite
Nov 3, 2008, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by ajprice View Post
I'm going evil, my skin's turning blue, and I've got dark eyes. Decided to play as the girl character, because, well, for eye candy reasons (I did the same in Mass Effect).
You seem like the kind of guy who knows his topless Tomb Raider mods...

mattyb  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 3, 2008, 02:55 PM

I'm going evil, my skin's turning blue, and I've got dark eyes.
But what do you think of Fable 2?

I know I know, very poor.

gradient
Mac Elite
Nov 3, 2008, 11:59 PM

Decided to play as the girl character, because, well, for eye candy reasons (I did the same in Mass Effect).
I was going to go that direction but decided not to, partially cuz I thought it would be more fun to hit on women in the game then have to hit on guys. THEN, I discover that all the women in the game at homely and wearing eight layers of clothing and if I had a female hero, I could have bought her hot pants!!! Damn, next time!

ajprice
Professional Poster
Nov 4, 2008, 05:19 AM

Erm, no I don't know the TR mods. Its good fun so far, the blacksmith and bartender money earning stuff is a bit repetitive though. I got a bit more evil lastnight so now I've got red eyes now and my scars glow blue/white on my face, as far as outfits go I go round in the assassins coat, but I got a tattoo lastnight so took my clothes off to see what it was like, the kids think its funny and laugh cos you're not wearing anything.

And as for Fable 2...

ba-boom tsch!

mattyb  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 4, 2008, 09:08 AM

I'm obviously missing something VERY important from this game - how did you remove your clothes?

Anyone know how to get rid of STDs? I bought a Cure-All Potion but I've still got something

One benefit of having an STD - you don't get any more kids.

ajprice
Professional Poster
Nov 4, 2008, 09:21 AM

In the pause menu, go to the clothes section, and set everything to none, so no hat, no shirt, no coat etc. You'll end up just wearing your underwear and the weapons on your back when you go back into the game.

Don't know about STD's, because I haven't got that far yet, which leads me to my obvious question... how do you get into the sack with someone? I've married a guy, got him to follow me home to bed and went to bed but I just sleep and don't get any action, he's still standing there when I wake up .

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 4, 2008, 09:54 AM

I have a question in regards to how far I am in the game.

mattyb  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 4, 2008, 10:19 AM

In the pause menu, go to the clothes section, and set everything to none, so no hat, no shirt, no coat etc. You'll end up just wearing your underwear and the weapons on your back when you go back into the game.

Don't know about STD's, because I haven't got that far yet, which leads me to my obvious question... how do you get into the sack with someone? I've married a guy, got him to follow me home to bed and went to bed but I just sleep and don't get any action, he's still standing there when I wake up .
You need to get a book on seduction or something like that - its the Come Back to My Place expression. You can either buy the book in Bowerstone's bookstore or find it somewhere. If you're playing as a girl you can get pregnant so buy some condoms (quite a few stores and stalls have them, don't just buy one get a few) and chose Protected Sex when you're prompted. If someone is in love with you, they might propose something, you then just give the thumbs up to have that wonderful black screen come up

mdc : no idea mate, sorry.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Nov 4, 2008, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by gradient View Post
I was going to go that direction but decided not to, partially cuz I thought it would be more fun to hit on women in the game then have to hit on guys.
I'm pretty sure women can hit on women. But apparently lesbians can't have protected sex, so enjoy your clap.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

gradient
Mac Elite
Nov 4, 2008, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
I'm pretty sure women can hit on women. But apparently lesbians can't have protected sex, so enjoy your clap.
sonofabitch...hehe.

Angelo78
Forum Regular
Nov 4, 2008, 09:03 PM

I just bought it today. The store I went to was sold out of new ones but they had one used copy. As far as RPGs go I'm limited to Dragon Warrior for the NES. Even with my lack of experience towards this type of game I'm having a great time. The controls are easy, the game play is fun and the story is really cool. Well at least what I know of it so far.

I pre-ordered Call of Duty: World at War while I was there. I have the beta and I'm liking it so far. I'm really happy about this being the last WW 2 era Call of Duty. I just hope they don't leave WW 2 for Korea or Vietnam. As cool as a Vietnam jungle style game would be I really like the modern themes.
( Last edited by Angelo78; Nov 5, 2008 at 11:25 AM. )

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Nov 4, 2008, 09:50 PM

Zelda isn't an RPG, FYI.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Angelo78
Forum Regular
Nov 5, 2008, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
Zelda isn't an RPG, FYI.
Yes, you're correct. Edited for accuracy.

Forum Links
Forum Rules