Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Battery, when connected AC, stuck at 48%

Battery, when connected AC, stuck at 48%
slffl
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 20, 2004, 01:10 PM

This problem just started happening a few days ago, and it happens on two different AC adapters. When I have the AC adapter unplugged and running on battery, the battery calculator in the upper right seems to work fine. However, when I plug in the AC adapter to charge, the indicator shows 48%, and the 'time left' to full charge continually increases.

I'm worried that there is a chance of over charging the battery if I leave the AC adapter plugged in because it won't know when to stop. Or it might not be charging at all. Could this be a battery issue or hardware issue?

I have already tried resetting the PSU.

Thanks.
"I'm the commander - see, I don't need to explain - I don't need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being the President. Maybe somebody needs to explain to me why they say something, but I don't feel like I owe anybody an explanation."

- Dictator George W. Bush, Washington Post, 11-19-02

macaddict0001
Mac Elite
Dec 21, 2004, 07:33 PM

Try calibrating the battery by draining it until the computer goes into sleep, then recharge it completely, if that fails reset parameter-ram(startup while holding command+option+P+R).

iREZ
Professional Poster
Dec 21, 2004, 08:45 PM

or.....try reseting the PMU (power managment unit?) shut down (dont restart) hold down cmd-opt-**** and power button for about three seconds (make sure not to hold down the Fn key while doing so) and start up your computer.
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

Forum Links
Forum Rules