Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Why people hate Amerikkka #3489

Why people hate Amerikkka #3489
Doofy
Clinically Insane
Nov 19, 2010, 12:22 PM

http://www.birthornot.com/

Rule 8: The sooner your obnoxious society collapses and fat fcks like this are eaten by zombies, the better.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

andi*pandi
Nov 19, 2010, 12:26 PM

you hate us because of database errors?

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 19, 2010, 12:31 PM

Obesity is a global, developed world problem.

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

Doofy  (op)
Clinically Insane
Nov 19, 2010, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
you hate us because of database errors?
Yeah, it's being hit quite hard now, ain't it?

Basics: Fat chick above is pregnant. They're undecided if they want to keep the kid (despite this being their third attempt after two miscarriages). You vote on whether they have abortion or not.

Keep refreshing link until you get it.

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Nov 19, 2010, 12:41 PM

I was under the impression that its more fashionable to hate America then it is to be skinny and wear nice clothes.

3% profit is downright GREEDY!

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Nov 19, 2010, 12:41 PM

I think it's a spoof site by anti-abortionists. But if it's not, are you saying that stupidity or obesity are traits confined to America?

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Doofy  (op)
Clinically Insane
Nov 19, 2010, 12:48 PM

Now pay attention, people (I know it's difficult for those from the colonies, especially if you haven't had your ADHD meds today): The comment is simply to satisfy rule 8 since the powers that be all seem to have a boner on for old Doof at the moment. Try not to show your inherent stupidity by focusing on one word of that instead of the actual story.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 19, 2010, 12:50 PM

Fat people are dumb?

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Nov 19, 2010, 01:27 PM

No, no, I think he's saying 3% of fat people have ADHD.
"ā€¦I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 19, 2010, 01:51 PM

How do you even know they are Amerikkkan?

andi*pandi
Nov 19, 2010, 02:00 PM

Still can't get in.

Perhaps their website is an ironic statement that involving other people in your personal family decisions is redonkulous, and as such, all those who want to poke their heads into other folks lives should just stop?

What if the people in the picture were thin models, would you hate them less?

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 19, 2010, 02:07 PM

Google cache:

Birth or Not

andi*pandi
Nov 19, 2010, 02:51 PM

ah. Gimmick then. Big Mac appears to be right.

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 19, 2010, 05:22 PM

ah. Gimmick then. Big Mac appears to be right.
Obvious troll.

Doofy, you used to be very pro-America, with talk of moving there. What changed?

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 19, 2010, 05:25 PM

Hint: it starts with a 0

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 19, 2010, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Face Ache View Post
Doofy, you used to be very pro-America, with talk of moving there.
How pro-america?

What changed?
I noticed him hating on the US more after he stated he c/wouldn't move here because of our taxes.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Nov 19, 2010, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Skeleton View Post
Hint: it starts with a 0
Ba hahahaha.

Doofy  (op)
Clinically Insane
Nov 19, 2010, 09:52 PM

Doofy, you used to be very pro-America, with talk of moving there. What changed?
I still am pro-America. I just can't find the place any more.
Like I said, the comment was purely to satisfy rule 8. I thought the zombies bit might have given it away, but no... ...seem to have got the "cork up its ass crowd" in tonight.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Nov 21, 2010, 10:16 AM

I don't think it's anything to do with "cork up its ass crowd" or necessary ADHD meds as much as it is... what's the point here???

I'm generally a pretty focused individual, but I have absolutely zero idea what the point of this was. Rule 8 is intended to encourage a point; a view that might spawn contrarian views to carry a thread. It would have been less confusing if you had broken rule #8.

I mean, I could post a picture of a toothless couple, wife in spaghetti-strap with longer underarm hair than her male counterpart, express that this is why people hate the UKKK, then lament the Europeanization of the US as the reason it's no longer available to disgruntled Europeans as a means to satisfy rule #8, but does it? Not really. It would still be a feeble attempt at flame-bait.
ebuddy

Doofy  (op)
Clinically Insane
Nov 21, 2010, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by ebuddy View Post
I'm generally a pretty focused individual, but I have absolutely zero idea what the point of this was.
Here's the point: Assuming that the site linked is real (and we don't know that it's not), your society has grown so decadent that not a one of you blinks at the concept of this - and instead spend your energy defending your country from a perceived detractor.

I would have expected discussion about the morality contained therein and the future social implications of such actions, but no... ...all I get is the usual "bad foreigner hating on AmeriĀ©a so must defend" mentality. Do you not think it a tad ridiculous to rush to the defence of an artificial construct in such a way?

Rule 8 is intended to encourage a point; a view that might spawn contrarian views to carry a thread. It would have been less confusing if you had broken rule #8.
And it would have been an infract for me. Like I said, the mods have got a boner for me at the moment.

I mean, I could post a picture of a toothless couple, wife in spaghetti-strap with longer underarm hair than her male counterpart, express that this is why people hate the UKKK
You can if you like. Nobody in the UK (and especially not me) gives a shit about stuff like that.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 21, 2010, 11:48 AM

Is it okay if I call you D00fy, Doofy?

Doofy  (op)
Clinically Insane
Nov 21, 2010, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
Is it okay if I call you D00fy, Doofy?
Yes it is Oprah.
I'll try not to cry like a big pansy and miss the point of your posts when you do so.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 21, 2010, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Doofy View Post
Yes it is Oprah.
I'll try not to cry like a big pansy and miss the point of your posts when you do so.

Thanks D00fy. I hope you find somebody to fight soon!

Doofy  (op)
Clinically Insane
Nov 21, 2010, 11:58 AM

Thanks D00fy. I hope you find somebody to fight soon!
How dare you insult the UK in such a way! You're just a cheap troll!

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 21, 2010, 11:59 AM

Cheap? I'm wearing a bow tie right now...

Doofy  (op)
Clinically Insane
Nov 21, 2010, 12:00 PM

Oooo! Shiny!

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 21, 2010, 12:01 PM

Oooo! Shiny!

Yeah, and made in America, bitch!

Hahha... got you bad!

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Nov 21, 2010, 12:09 PM

Here's the point: Assuming that the site linked is real (and we don't know that it's not), your society has grown so decadent that not a one of you blinks at the concept of this - and instead spend your energy defending your country from a perceived detractor.
The concept that there are morons in this country on a yet-to-be-established fake or real website? I don't have to defend the country against a few select people and others who decide to seize on them as if illustrative of the whole. I spend my energy generally opposing that which is truly screwing this country (europeanization) instead of wasting my time wading through the exploitation of stupidity in other countries' media.

What decadence is it our society is guilty of that is somehow relegated to within US borders anyway?

I would have expected discussion about the morality contained therein and the future social implications of such actions, but no... ...all I get is the usual "bad foreigner hating on AmeriĀ©a so must defend" mentality. Do you not think it a tad ridiculous to rush to the defence of an artificial construct in such a way?
I think it's more ridiculous to expect a substantive response to shallow BS, but then... the mods don't have a boner for me so I just naturally exhibit social graces beyond that of prepubescence.

And it would have been an infract for me. Like I said, the mods have got a boner for me at the moment.
Perhaps if you were to quit stroking them so gratuitously...
ebuddy

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Nov 21, 2010, 12:21 PM

Clip-ons don't count.
ebuddy

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2010, 12:32 PM

not a one of you blinks at the concept of this
You wanted this thread to be about abortion? It's been done. This story doesn't add anything new to it. What would be the point? The way you framed the thread, abortion would have been a pointless derail. Ordinarily, being capable of staying on topic despite strong opinions on a tangential subject would be considered a strength, not a weakness.

ghporter
Administrator
Nov 21, 2010, 01:21 PM

You can if you like. Nobody in the UK (and especially not me) gives a shit about stuff like that.
The entirely bizarre specter of someone ACTUALLY basing such a decision on what the faceless masses commenting on his/her/its blog is so utterly unbelievable that I don't think the "concept of this" is real enough to blink at. If it were real, I'd be quite upset. I'd be concerned that anyone could possibly consider such a way to make any decision more important than "what latte should I get today" on blog comments. I'd be concerned that the real back story (if what's on the blog is indeed at all real) was not at the forefront of the blog, and that the reasons someone might want advice (and really ONLY advice) on such a decision would not be made abundantly and exceedingly clear.

I am wise enough to know that I'm not wise enough to control the lives of other people, so my personal feelings about the supposed "real" issue here are beside the point. But this issue is so important, so serious, and so difficult, that to actually ask random web surfers for their "VOTES" on it is simply beyond acceptance as real. I don't buy that the site is real, and if I were to assume it was, I would not believe for a moment that the "actual decision" would be based at all on the "votes" on the blog.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Doofy  (op)
Clinically Insane
Nov 21, 2010, 01:22 PM

I spend my energy generally opposing that which is truly screwing this country (europeanization)
I'll look forward to reading your posts in some form of Algonquian then.

Doofy  (op)
Clinically Insane
Nov 21, 2010, 01:23 PM

You wanted this thread to be about abortion? It's been done. This story doesn't add anything new to it.
What, other than the Internet voting, you mean?

Doofy  (op)
Clinically Insane
Nov 21, 2010, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by ghporter View Post
The entirely bizarre specter of someone ACTUALLY basing such a decision on what the faceless masses commenting on his/her/its blog is so utterly unbelievable that I don't think the "concept of this" is real enough to blink at. If it were real, I'd be quite upset. I'd be concerned that anyone could possibly consider such a way to make any decision more important than "what latte should I get today" on blog comments. I'd be concerned that the real back story (if what's on the blog is indeed at all real) was not at the forefront of the blog, and that the reasons someone might want advice (and really ONLY advice) on such a decision would not be made abundantly and exceedingly clear.

I am wise enough to know that I'm not wise enough to control the lives of other people, so my personal feelings about the supposed "real" issue here are beside the point. But this issue is so important, so serious, and so difficult, that to actually ask random web surfers for their "VOTES" on it is simply beyond acceptance as real. I don't buy that the site is real, and if I were to assume it was, I would not believe for a moment that the "actual decision" would be based at all on the "votes" on the blog.
Finally, someone actually talking about the thread subject. Thank you Glenn.

I guess we wait and see if it's real or not. If it's real, then it's a sign of the way we really have fallen to the mentality of the MyFace generation. If it's not real, then it appears to make an extremely good point which generally shows how we've fallen to the mentality of the MyFace generation (since it's not simply the actions of the two fatties up there which show mentality, but also the reactions of others).

ghporter
Administrator
Nov 21, 2010, 01:36 PM

I have no idea of how we could actually believe it is real. No matter what is posted on that site, it would be impossible for me to take it seriously enough to believe that the couple involved actually did anything based on the random votes of net creeps.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Doofy  (op)
Clinically Insane
Nov 21, 2010, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by ghporter View Post
I have no idea of how we could actually believe it is real. No matter what is posted on that site, it would be impossible for me to take it seriously enough to believe that the couple involved actually did anything based on the random votes of net creeps.
In various news interviews, the fatties involved swear blind that it's real. But you're right - we'll have no way of knowing.

Interesting bit will be if the vote goes to "abort" and she doesn't (because, let's face it, she seems like she's getting quite attached to "Wiggles").

I find the reactions to it just as interesting (for a sociological viewpoint) as the actions themselves. Even as far as the "is it real or not" reactions. It's whole big can of worms if you think about it.

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 21, 2010, 02:11 PM

That the site seems like bullshit is the key here.

To put it another way, your "bad foreigner" bit appears more genuine than the actual subject, and is therefore getting more response.

Doofy  (op)
Clinically Insane
Nov 21, 2010, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
To put it another way, your "bad foreigner" bit appears more genuine than the actual subject, and is therefore getting more response.
I don't know about over there, but over here almost nobody gets eaten by zombies.

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 21, 2010, 03:27 PM

I think people are reacting more to the three Ks and "obnoxious society" rather than the zombies.

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2010, 04:00 PM

What, other than the Internet voting, you mean?
It's not like this is public policy. It's not like it's catching on as a fad. It's not like this isolated incident in any way looks like a good idea, or advantageous to anyone involved (aka moral hazard). Heck it's not even like they're going to go through with it anyway (abide by the vote instead of their own free will), as you said yourself. So why would anyone take the matter seriously, or even suspect that the two idiots are taking it seriously? And even if I were to defy the odds and take both the internet vote and the bloggers' intentions seriously, the fact that you started off in a bullying tone would prevent me from taking your thread seriously. I know better than to wear my heart on my sleeve in a context where ad homs are already out in full force. We all do. The internet rolls downhill from heartfelt to bullying, not vice versa uphill. So you started with a weak topic and you proceeded to poison any chance of a heartfelt response to it with the first post. Not that I care, just since you asked I'm explaining it to you.

Doofy  (op)
Clinically Insane
Nov 21, 2010, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
I think people are reacting more to the three Ks and "obnoxious society" rather than the zombies.
the fact that you started off in a bullying tone would prevent me from taking your thread seriously. I know better than to wear my heart on my sleeve in a context where ad homs are already out in full force.
Poor, poor AmeriĀ©a... ...a whole nation being "bullied" and called names by an individual. Will we see AmeriĀ©a on Oprah soon then? Some kind of support group being formed for bullied countries? You could get North Korea in a big hug backstage in the green room. Don't forget Chris Crocker with "leave AmeriĀ©a alone!!!".

I find it most interesting that patriotism appears to be the strongest feeling here. F yeah!

In case you haven't read the rules for a while...
http://forums.macnn.com/95/political...itical-lounge/
You are not the country you live in.
The fact of the matter is, if you're paying more attention to the spelling of your continent (that's right, not your country) than the story at hand then your society is an obnoxious, decadent one which will soon go the way of Rome. You're essentially rearranging deck-chairs on the Titanic.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 21, 2010, 04:59 PM

D00ʒĀ„

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2010, 06:07 PM

I find it most interesting that patriotism appears to be the strongest feeling here. F yeah!
I find it funny that you can't seem to recognize that your mockery was met with reciprocal mockery.

CRASH HARDDRIVE
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2010, 09:37 PM

the hell...?

Oh wait.

Doofy thread.

Meh.

Anyway. Movin' on.

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 22, 2010, 12:46 AM

The fact of the matter is, if you're paying more attention to the spelling of your continent (that's right, not your country) than the story at hand...
Yes. The story at hand. People do stupid things on the Internet. Film at eleven.

This will go down as the day Doofy saved America from itself. And by that I mean, like, Brazil and shit.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Nov 22, 2010, 07:45 AM

I'll look forward to reading your posts in some form of Algonquian then.
In that case, when the mods get a boner for ebuddy I shall go by the name Echoing Thunder paying homage to the auto-sig of Frequently Banned One.

It beats crying about it anyway.
ebuddy

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Nov 22, 2010, 08:01 AM

The fact of the matter is, if you're paying more attention to the spelling of your continent (that's right, not your country) than the story at hand then your society is an obnoxious, decadent one which will soon go the way of Rome. You're essentially rearranging deck-chairs on the Titanic.
We all are Doofy, that's the point. We may very well be circling the drain, but this is the corruptible nature of mankind; not exclusive to peoples within the North American continent.

This couple that disgusts you... what would you have a proper AmeriĀ©an do? Shut them down? Make a law against them? Imprison them? Pull out their teeth? Put a contract on their head?

What would Bruce Dickinson do?
ebuddy

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 22, 2010, 11:02 AM

He would insist on more cowbell.

andi*pandi
Nov 22, 2010, 11:30 AM

It's a hoax, it's not worth the time to debate how offensive/stupid/"your insult here" the concept may be.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 22, 2010, 11:36 AM

It's a hoax, it's not worth the time to debate how offensive/stupid/"your insult here" the concept may be.
No Snopes entry for the site yet...

Forum Links
Forum Rules