Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Mail app attachments

Mail app attachments
toole
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 16, 2003, 10:10 PM

Using Mail with IMAP - is there any way to specify that when a message is saved to a particular folder one would like any attached files NOT to be saved. Seems as though this would quite useful.

Thanks for the help...

cpac
Professional Poster
Feb 17, 2003, 01:32 AM

Originally posted by toole:
Using Mail with IMAP - is there any way to specify that when a message is saved to a particular folder one would like any attached files NOT to be saved. Seems as though this would quite useful.

Thanks for the help...
I think this was asked and answered in another recent forum (try running a quick search) but if I remember correctly the short answer is:

no.

the longer answer is:

sort-of. You can redirect the message to yourself but edit out the attachment using Mail's "redirect" command, and then delete the original copy of the message.
cpac

toole  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 17, 2003, 11:50 AM

OK... Thanks.

This has started me wondering if there might be a utility out there that might allow one to manage this kind of thing.

Will post if I find one.
G4 DP 533 MHz 512 MB RAM - Mac OS 10.2.3

Forum Links
Forum Rules