Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > when will we get a sports widget from apple on iphone?

when will we get a sports widget from apple on iphone?
macfantn
Mac Elite
Sep 17, 2007, 07:25 PM

i want an nfl widget for scores
"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later"

rtdunham
Forum Regular
Sep 17, 2007, 07:35 PM

i agree. A sports widget is as important to many people as the stocks and weather widgets. It should be configurable, like the weather and stock apps, or like the personalized sports score sections on homepages like excite's.

macfantn  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 17, 2007, 08:08 PM

how hard could this be to create a 15 minute programming job. please give us one for each sport
"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later"

bobablob
Sep 17, 2007, 08:57 PM

doctyper
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 17, 2007, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by macfantn View Post
how hard could this be to create a 15 minute programming job. please give us one for each sport
Ah, you gotta love the fans. It took a little more than 15 minutes per app, but your support is appreciated.

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 17, 2007, 09:17 PM

I loooove Fumbleview! Happened upon it this past weekend, and was able to keep up with the Bears game that wasn't playing in my area.

I think Fumbleview (and I'm sure the other "views") is about as close as you can get to a native widget. It looks greats, updates often and give you what you need to know and does it in a nice clean way.

And yes, I agree that 15 minutes is a little low on the scale of how long it takes to write a widget. Especially for a platform that doesn't have an official SDK. But I'm sure Apple has a "Create Widget for iPhone" button they just need to push and out squirts a widget ready to roll.

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 18, 2007, 12:45 AM

This is a big need. One icon that you could set to your favorite team and sport.

Get scores, stats and schedules at the touch of a button.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

Forum Links
Forum Rules