Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > adobe type manager

adobe type manager
Dedicated MacNNer
May 1, 2002, 05:25 AM

Hi, I got an ATM set of fonts from an old computer. I need to prepare a new computer with this old set. I have the old fontset of ATM, it's old preferences and a really messed up new computer that a friend of mine already installed with 3 different versions of ATM.

After I reinstalled ATM4.6, how do I import the old set (60 folders : 790mb!) into ATM?

update.
I managed to install ATM with the prefered fonts. Only in the previous setup, they were catagorised in ATM (a, b, c1, c2 ..)
MAINquestion:
how do I get this neat configuration back?

another update.
appearantly the friend just pulled the systemfolder from a 9.1 G3 to the new 9.2 G4.
question:
is this good or bad? i want to reinstall the whole thing because i think you lack things like altivec like this.

[ 05-01-2002: Message edited by: � ]
T E K N O

graphics84
Senior User
May 1, 2002, 11:58 AM

drag the Font folder (700 meg one) to the new computer...

then drag the folders one at a time on to ATM... at least that I how I think it works (use suitcasein OS X now)

it should make a folder in ATM for each one that you drag...

I have my fonts in Alphabetical folders and A-Z and then I set up myself with a few specialized folders:

Dail Fonts
Movie Fonts
Magical Fonts
Pic Fonts
Etc...

it works pretty well

good luck

[ 05-01-2002: Message edited by: graphics84 ]

Forum Links
Forum Rules