Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Some UT levels not playable

Some UT levels not playable
atomiks
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 24, 2001, 01:04 AM

Hey all! Am running UT, ver400, without any major problems. On our mixed network here, the PC players of UT also have ver400, but they seem to have both extra levels, and extra skins.

When attempting to play a level that a PC person has, it appears to download it, but fails when it tries to play with an error stating "Can't find package for *LevelName*".

Anybody know how to get around/solve this problem?

Trevor Covert
Jan 24, 2001, 02:28 AM

Why not update the machines to the latest versions?
http://unreal.epicgames.com/TournamentVersions.htm

Also Epic has released several official bonus packs; the PCs might have one or more of those installed.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jan 24, 2001, 05:43 PM

Man, version 400, you obviously haven't been playing over the internet. I'd definitely suggest updating UT and getting the bonus packs (of course the update is most important). UT is at version 436 (436a? on the Mac). They've fixed alot of bugs since 400. You may be hitting one of these.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

atomiks  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 24, 2001, 07:52 PM

OK, so let's say now that I borrow my PC-using friend's copy of their upgrade packs. Do I have to do anything special to get them going on my machine? Drop the files onto the UMOD installer, or similar?

TIA.

Archangel
Mac Elite
Jan 25, 2001, 01:22 AM

If the file has the suffix ".umod" it should work by just dropping it in the UMOD installer. Yeah, after you get the bonus pack and upgrade to vers. 436 you should be okay.

------------------
"Elvis has left the building!"

Forum Links
Forum Rules