Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Need help with Canon printer freezing

Need help with Canon printer freezing
gbhgbh
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 1, 2006, 02:31 AM

I'm having a problem printing from my printer. About half of the time, the printer gets only a part of the way through the printout, then freezes. The other half of the time it prints fine.

I'm running MacOS 10.4.5 on a 15" AluBook, and using a Canon i550 printer. This problem has just started happening since upgrading to 10.4.5, it ran fine before. I downloaded and installed the latest drivers from Canon but the problem still continues. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Back up 15 and punt
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 1, 2006, 03:38 PM

I would recommend that you make contact with Canon Support at the following phone number:
1-800-828-4040. I think you will find them willing to go the extra mile for their customers.

john h
Mar 8, 2006, 01:40 PM

Have you tried going to Utilities-Printer Setup Utilities and then resetting the printer?

Printer Setup Repair is a great utility for repairing printer problems.

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Mar 8, 2006, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by gbhgbh
I downloaded and installed the latest drivers from Canon but the problem still continues.
It's quite possible that, because that printer is so old, the drivers on the website are older than the ones included with Tiger. You may want to try reinstalling the driver included with Tiger from the DVD -- you can do just that.

tooki

Forum Links
Forum Rules