Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > WoW makes this forum seem like social elites (rant)

WoW makes this forum seem like social elites (rant)
voodoo
Posting Junkie
Feb 7, 2008, 08:57 AM

They are all loltards.

Now there is a lunar festival this week and people from all factions are welcome in this druid grove to celebrate the moon or something. It's a festival where people are encouraged to come and roleplay.

Here is a screenshot of this peaceful neutral meeting ground.

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/9...thlunarge3.jpg

There was some discussion about this and people said they WERE roleplaying.

See, they hate the other faction right? So they come there and see some low level Alliance members and they decide to slaughter them. No risk really because their characters are immortal, see? They just have to do this corpse-run and you know. Back to life.

So, what's the difference between a normal realm and a roleplaying realm? Nothing really.

Could have been interesting. But isn't.
I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him.

redJag
Senior User
Feb 7, 2008, 10:49 AM

This is just one of the things you sign up for when you join a WoW PvP server. Some people like it, some don't. Luckily, you can transfer to a PvE server if you decide it isn't for you, but it will cost you $25. In the closed beta I played on the PvP server and loved it, but my friends tricked me into rolling PvE in retail and in retrospect I'm glad I ended up there because people are d*ckheads in retail and I doubt I would enjoy the PvP environment anymore.
Travis Sanderson

voodoo  (op)
Posting Junkie
Feb 7, 2008, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by redJag View Post
This is just one of the things you sign up for when you join a WoW PvP server. Some people like it, some don't. Luckily, you can transfer to a PvE server if you decide it isn't for you, but it will cost you $25. In the closed beta I played on the PvP server and loved it, but my friends tricked me into rolling PvE in retail and in retrospect I'm glad I ended up there because people are d*ckheads in retail and I doubt I would enjoy the PvP environment anymore.
Yeah I know I can transfer. I wouldn't mind making a new character in a PvE realm anyway.

In my mind RP-PvP could have been a much cooler roleplaying experience that it really is. It makes me think what could have been.

I still don't unerstand why people play characters to L70 on an RP server without ever knowing what RP is. That's also pretty sad.

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Feb 7, 2008, 02:36 PM

Blizz needs to upgrade the code it uses on its user base.

On the whole, though, I'm pretty happy with most of the people I converse with on WoW. I play on PvE, however.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 7, 2008, 06:45 PM

If you really want to see the cream of the crop when it comes to socially elite WoW players, peruse their forums. That is worth a ton of laughs (laughing at them, not with them).

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Feb 7, 2008, 07:14 PM

I feel so sorry for their CMs.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

voodoo  (op)
Posting Junkie
Feb 8, 2008, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by ::maroma:: View Post
If you really want to see the cream of the crop when it comes to socially elite WoW players, peruse their forums. That is worth a ton of laughs (laughing at them, not with them).
I know.. it was by reading their forums that I my opinion of their social skills was finally skuttled

The roleplaying discussions were eerily reminiscent of the debates in the pol/war lounge at its worst. Low point was when it became clear that people could not seperate roleplaying from the game.

But hey.. WoW is probably the only fantasy game they've ever played.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Feb 8, 2008, 06:38 PM

I loved it when people would corpse camp me while I was trying to quest on a low-level alt; all the swearing, spitting, NPC killing. Once I logged off a toon for a while to avoid such griefing, so I switched to my AH mule and bought some pots and mats. I came back to my questing alt an hour later and the same 3 people were there waiting. Pathetic. So I switched to my 70 warlock, traveled to STV, and killed them... several times.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Forum Links
Forum Rules