Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > How avoide sending text with nuisance iphone option

How avoide sending text with nuisance iphone option
kevs
Mac Elite
Dec 17, 2019, 04:04 PM

Every 10th text or so I send, I'm forced by iphone... list on right of nuisance options to send the text with wavy font and other annoying stuff. Is there avoid to avoid this nusicance.. Super annoying. CAN APPLE LEAVE US ALONE?

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Dec 17, 2019, 05:43 PM

I have never, ever, ever seen this.

Edit: Oh yeah, reading along — yes, I used this once or twice when it was introduced three years ago, and had *completely* forgotten about it.
( Last edited by Spheric Harlot; Dec 17, 2019 at 09:27 PM. )

andi*pandi
Dec 17, 2019, 05:48 PM

At first, I had no idea what you are talking about. However, I did give my phone to my mother over the summer to send a text, and somehow she popped up an option with bubbles etc to animate the text. Is this what you mean?

If so, don't swipe up on the green arrow when you want to send. Swiping up on that arrow, gets you the bubble options. just tap to send.

kevs  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 17, 2019, 06:26 PM

Thanks Andi, great what is that stupid green arrow, yes that must be it. I'm accidentally swiping every two weeks and then I"m toast. Ruins messages.... Thanks so much. Now I know what to keep an eye out for.

This is my Sadist theory.. Apple, PHotoshop, Excel.. every major software has a SAdist on staff, who sits in dark corner, inventing these things to torment it's own customers.

Looking at my 5 messages have now. 2 have green arrow down there and other three don't. What logic? It's here sometimes?

andi*pandi
Dec 17, 2019, 07:20 PM

you should always have an arrow in a circle if you've started typing a reply. It's the send button unless you long-press/swipe it. Green means SMS, Blue means iMessage.

the engineers are just making new features that the young people will love. I don't need my text to animate!
( Last edited by andi*pandi; Dec 18, 2019 at 12:57 PM. )

kevs  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 17, 2019, 11:08 PM

Thanks Andi, When is it green? And if it's blue no danger? ANd ifs green click send ok, just don't swipe up?

andi*pandi
Dec 18, 2019, 12:57 PM

I was wrong about changing the text color. The colors are: Green means SMS, Blue means iMessage. iMessage is only between ios users.

kevs  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 18, 2019, 03:43 PM

Green is they don't have iphone ok...

Forum Links
Forum Rules