Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > WOW now i am really contemplating CPU upgrade

WOW now i am really contemplating CPU upgrade
G4ME
Addicted to MacNN
May 3, 2003, 12:27 PM

HOT DEAL

So, if i have a dual 500 then i can get 175 bucks back that is really tempting. i can get a dual 1ghz upgrade for 979 at OWC and then take 175 off that and �hat makes it really tempting.

I don't' know if this was mentioned here before but i just thought i should let all those thinking of upgrading this might sweeten the deal some more.

I GOT WASTED WITH PHIL SHERRY!!!

bartman00
Dedicated MacNNer
May 4, 2003, 10:21 AM

Not to crap on your idea.. but DUDE!!! You can sell that dual 500 on ebay for a lil more than what they're willing to give you for it! You'd have to be on CRACK to talk them up on there pricing! I meen they'll only give you $250 for a freeken DP-800mhz cpu! My god man! put me in touch with someone willing to sell a DP 800 for that!

Why is selling your CPU to them all of a sudden make you want to jump all over an upgrade? I meen you've known about ebay all these years haven't you?

I too have a DP-500 and I'm waiting for the 970 before I buy..I think the upgrade pricing is freeken crazy! Use that cash for a new system!! You'll get a faster bus, faster ram, faster everything! Then sell your old system on ebay for close to $800

Bart
Powermac Sawtooth w/ 1.3ghz overclocked GigaDesigns 1ghz cpu
iBook G3-900

OptimusG4
Mac Elite
May 4, 2003, 12:38 PM

I think those prices are for the processor, not the whole computer.
"Another classic science-fiction show cancelled before its time" ~ Bender

15.2" PowerBook 1.25GHz, 80GB HD, 768MB RAM, SuperDrive

cgc
Professional Poster
May 8, 2003, 03:05 PM

Originally posted by OptimusG4:
I think those prices are for the processor, not the whole computer.
Obviously.

Colonel_Panic
May 8, 2003, 05:44 PM

Hmm They don`t mention mine - dual 533.

Not a big deal I would much rather sell the daugher card on e-bay and let some sucker rape themselfs on it.

BurpetheadX
Dedicated MacNNer
May 10, 2003, 10:03 PM

Yea, upgrade prices are pretty crazy. I'm waiting for the 970 to come out, and for G4 upgrade prices to fall. Maybe 970 upgrades will replace G4 upgrades and be relatively the same price like apple does. My single 533 can do pretty much everything, except Unreal Tourney 2003. Every other game and application its fine with. So I'll just wait.

Forum Links
Forum Rules