Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Feedback > John * Smith & Ca$h: UNITE

John * Smith & Ca$h: UNITE
John B. Smith
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 23, 2005, 07:37 PM

MacNN's two most distinguished members should form a common front in order to combat injustive everywhere. UNITE!!11

bradoesch
Professional Poster
Sep 23, 2005, 08:08 PM

Kevin
Baninated
Sep 23, 2005, 08:56 PM

rickey939
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 23, 2005, 09:42 PM

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 23, 2005, 10:38 PM

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 23, 2005, 10:44 PM

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Sep 24, 2005, 12:44 AM

I think the solution to our Ca$h problem is to help him setup his own forums running phpBB or something easy to get going, and insist that he start his own board. I've setup phpBB in all of 5 minutes or less.

He seems to feel like the mods owe him the right of being allowing to participate on here, and not only that, but however he wants.

The same goes for anybody else: if you don't like it, it's a free country, start your own board. MacNN does not owe you anything.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Sep 24, 2005, 01:03 AM

-t

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Sep 24, 2005, 01:25 AM

Without intending to be a muck-raker, why is it that that James23482034 guy is allowed to make a ton of pointless threads preaching MS monopoly submission in the most arrogant way without a ban, but people like Ca$h are under closer scrutiny?

I don't buy the "it's good to keep James around because it allows us to blow off steam and sharpen our defenses". If we wanted to blow of steam, we could just respond to Ca$h, it's just as futile and pointless. Nobody seems interested in blowing off steam with Ca$h though, and likewise, I don't know of any James230948203948 backers either. As far as sharpening our defenses, the ArsTechnica Battlefront is great for that, if that is something that is desired.

The only major difference between the two is that Ca$h is more rude and offensive, I grant you that. However, I think it's rather pointless to have both of them around. I don't think we should ban people who we disagree with, but their form and conversation style just makes it pretty much impossible to actually carry on a conversation with them.

I actually don't care if we ban them or not, I'm just confused by this overall rationale.

I'm also *extremely* confused as to why the James2309823094 thread made the MacNN front page? It wouldn't be a thread I'd be particularly proud of showing off, but whatever....

Forum Links
Forum Rules