Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Application Launch Failure

Application Launch Failure
littlegreenspud
Senior User
Nov 15, 2003, 01:13 PM

Several programmes Give my this error message when I try to open them on my G4:

Application Launch Failure
The application "app" could not be launched because of a shared library error: ")app><CarbonLib><CFMPriv_AE><>"

Where app is either Word, Excell, HotSync, Palm Desktop Installer, Appleworks etc.

I have tried to find this Library on my TiBook but cannot find it. I am running 10.3.1 and DiskWarrier says that my HD is OK!

Help.

cgc
Professional Poster
Nov 20, 2003, 01:31 PM

Same problem here. I cannot use Palm HotSync Manager, Conduit Manager, Transport Monitor...ARGH...

dagaz
Nov 20, 2003, 04:43 PM

I'm guessing you guys are running Panther because I've read somewhere else about Palm Desktop software causing conflicts with Panther.
Not compatible with Windows

cgc
Professional Poster
Nov 20, 2003, 06:35 PM

Yup...emailed Palm and the Apple Site has something on it but that didn't fix it...I'm ok with it, but annoying. Maybe can sync with 9.2.2, yuck.

SMacTech
Mac Elite
Nov 20, 2003, 09:43 PM

Originally posted by dagaz:
I'm guessing you guys are running Panther because I've read somewhere else about Palm Desktop software causing conflicts with Panther.
I use Palm Desktop with Panther but there are many reports of problems installing it. I did an archive and install on a cube and dual867 with a prior install under Jag. Never did a fresh install and it works better under 10.3 than 10.2 IMHO. Go figure !

Forum Links
Forum Rules