Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Need help with navigation design on my Rapid Transit site

Need help with navigation design on my Rapid Transit site
Mac Write
Mac Elite
Oct 15, 2004, 04:38 PM

For you transit lovers out there, I need some help with my transit site I am developing. The site Rapid Transit Central will first focus on the Greater Vancouver transit system consisting of SkyTrain, Buses, Rapid Buses (B-Line), Seabus, Commuter Rail (West Coast Express), L.R.T. (???). My problem is figuring out the top level navigation. This is what I have so far
  • Home
  • SkyTrain
  • L.R.T.
  • W.C.E.
  • Forums
  • Bus
  • SeaBus
  • More Transit (links and information on other systems around the world. This section will expand as I find photographers for other cities to help develop that cities section of the site
The site wills start of with focusing on Vancouver then expand to cover as many systems around the world as possible. So how do I design the top level navigation? I am ripping my hair out over this and Transitlinks announcement that the new Coquitlam line is going to be L.R.T. today (hence the (??)) I want to get the site up and running as soon as possible while building for expansion and the future.
Get busy living or get busy dying
--Stephen King

effgee
Caffeinated Theme Master
Oct 15, 2004, 04:45 PM

a quick explanation of what "L.R.T" and "W.C.E" mean might help - also post a screenshot and/or a link to a prototype you already have. Information architecture can be tricky business

Yose
Senior User
Oct 15, 2004, 04:52 PM

My roommate is from Vancouver and we are both heavily into information design, etc. He would *love* to talk to you about this project. I'm sure he'll respond once he sees this thread.
Yose.
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Mac Write  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 15, 2004, 05:22 PM

Light Rail Transit (L.R.T.) West Coast Express (W.C.E.) There is not design at present since the old design idea isn't working.
Get busy living or get busy dying
--Stephen King

imikeDotMac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 9, 2005, 02:43 PM

Mac Write, did your site ever become a reality?

Forum Links
Forum Rules