Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Dead iBook

Dead iBook
littlegreenspud
Senior User
Jan 12, 2002, 06:02 PM

Hi,
I was asked to help with a dead iBook, white dual USB.
It is very dead, the most I can get out of it when the power button is pressed is two or three bleeps and sometimes a light flashes just to the left of the button to open the iBook up. The keyboard becomes live, the Caps lock light works - but strangely the num lock button does not work the num lock lights up when you press the key to the left of the num lock light! The CD drive does spin up then spins down again. Also there is no start up sound!

I have tried the diagnostic CD - will not start up.
I have reset the power management - nope.
I have left it unplugged and without the battery, then replaced the battery - nope.
I have tried a external keyboard - nope, but also the caps lock etc do not light up.

Help!

Leaping Gnome
Forum Regular
Jan 12, 2002, 09:52 PM

What happened to it before it went dead? It sounds like your best bet is to call Apple, all the dual USBs should still be under warranty.

Forum Links
Forum Rules