Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > I'm in tears....

I'm in tears....
tyrelle
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 18, 2003, 02:53 PM

I've been on hold with the apple payment center for 22mins and i haven't gotten my problem solved. I got an email from them yesterday about the shipping address not being the same as the billing...i thought we took care of it yesterday, that's what my sales rep said...but still...it says the same thing and that my order will be canceled....

i'm just thinking about canceling my whole order and forget the whole thing...it's been a rough week.

BrunoBruin
Mac Elite
Mar 18, 2003, 03:55 PM

i went around and around for about three days with a Mac reseller (who I won't name) on the same issue. I wanted the order shipped to my office because, hello, there's nobody home during the day to sign for a package, and that just sent them into a panic. I finally just cancelled with them and ordered from MacWarehouse.

Some places seem more rabid about this than others. Can you order from somewhere else?

tyrelle  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 19, 2003, 02:02 AM

Thx mate for the reply..

I canceled my order with apple.com and and drove 3 hrs to atl, GA to pick one up at the store...i'm using it now and i'm very happy...

The 12'' is sooo cool and tiny! :-)

SOLIDAge
Mac Elite
Mar 19, 2003, 03:43 AM

Originally posted by tyrelle:
Thx mate for the reply..

I canceled my order with apple.com and and drove 3 hrs to atl, GA to pick one up at the store...i'm using it now and i'm very happy...

The 12'' is sooo cool and tiny! :-)
you know
sometimes that entire Billing address has to be the same as shipping i believe is a crock...
for example...

Recently on Ticketmaster.com i ordered tickets to a show here in NY...i got the tickets, they were payed for...fine...
i then ordered ANOTHER set of tickets for a diff show...they were charged...but never showed up...i called them.

Ticketmaster says that the billing address was for NEVADA (i'm in NY)...so i don't understand how they had NO PROBLEM billing the tickets to me...but when it came to shipping it was out of the question...
i hate ticketmaster...

nbnz
Senior User
Mar 19, 2003, 04:17 AM

When I ordered my iBook from the UK AppleStore and had to have my home/billing address as the delivery address, the courier company phoned me the day before delivery, and asked if I would be home, and I said well no, can you deliver it to me at work, and it was no problem - so much for policies !

My guess would be a very small percentage of people would have their credit card billing address being the same as the address they are at during the day - we kind of have to have jobs to have a credit card in the first place.

Stupid rule...

GlobalNomad
Senior User
Mar 19, 2003, 07:01 AM

Originally posted by tyrelle:
Thx mate for the reply..
Is this Aussie slang a new FAD???

*ponders if everyone in the states will be wearing hats with the corks and playing didgeridoo_when he returns*

holygoat
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 19, 2003, 07:07 AM

I'd have thought that was UK slang too

Guess you'll be eating jellied eels or something like that

jamez bond
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 19, 2003, 07:23 AM

ame thing happened to me when I wanted to order my d2 lacie drive the other week. Tried 4 or 5 different resellers...no luck.
In the end, my girlfriend used her card and waited at home for it.

It is very very stupid, because I am norwegian, but live in the uk.
My cards are visa and all of that, so I don't really see the problem. They don't check my address down at the supermarket when I pay or in a cashpoint. Yes, I know we have pin codes and signatures, but still....hello!
Yahoo! Got my new Macbook!
[FONT="Verdana"]My Blog[/FONT]

penmanila
Mar 19, 2003, 07:32 AM

hmm, that's kind of odd... i'm working abroad right now, but i have a michigan billing address and a virginia shipping address (my sister)--i used these to order my 12" from the apple store and it never posed a problem, no one even asked me anything. go figure.
AlBook 867 640/60/Combo/APE
iBook 500 320/10/CD/AP
2400c 180 80/18/Wi-Fi
Tons of Duos, Anything Mac and Small!

suprz's ghost
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 19, 2003, 07:48 AM

I bought my ibook from the apple store. the rep on the phone asked for the billing address and the shipping address. at no time did she say there would be any problems.....i guess every place has different policies
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds"...Albert Einstein

tyrelle  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 19, 2003, 02:31 PM

Originally posted by GlobalNomad:
Is this Aussie slang a new FAD???

*ponders if everyone in the states will be wearing hats with the corks and playing didgeridoo_when he returns*
My best friend is from Aust. ...guess it rubbing off on me.

jtbowden
Forum Regular
Mar 19, 2003, 02:35 PM

I had no problem with this. I ordered from Apple with different billing/shipping addresses. The rep just told me that Apple's fraud department would call the bank because of that and to just call the bank and tell them ahead of time to approve the transaction when Apple called. No problem.

BrunoBruin
Mac Elite
Mar 19, 2003, 02:53 PM

I've also learned that if UPS delivers to your house and you're not home, you can get on their Web site and redirect the package to your office or another address. All you need is the tracking number on the notice they leave. It means you get your stuff a day later, but it's a way around the problem.

The fact that this seems to be a problem in some cases and not others makes me think that it's a random thing; a certain percentage of orders get scrutinized.

Forum Links
Forum Rules