Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > The iCurve sold out everywhere!

The iCurve sold out everywhere!
cold aspiration
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 1, 2006, 08:23 PM

Hello everyone,

My recent investment in a wireless mouse and keyboard for my 17" MBP has been great. Now I am looking for a laptop stand that is just as aesthetically pleasing and practical. I want to buy an icurve but they seem to be sold out everywhere! My university apple store has one single one left, the box is extremely dusty and they were charging $46 for it! Insane. Everywhere else online appears to be sold out or out of stock/backordered. Is something new coming out from griffin soon or something? Why the sudden shortage of icurves?

PS does anyone know a site where the icurve is still in stock and at a reasonable price? Thanks.

cold aspiration  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 1, 2006, 10:10 PM

Also, I checked out some alternatives. the best so far seems to be the Lapvantage Loft fount at Lapvantage™ | Turn Your Laptop into a Desktop this one is pricier than the icurve but seems a lot more stable and elegant. I'm worried though because the platform is smaller in width than the 17" mbp. Not that it won't be stable, but it will look awkward. the site also says that larger platforms are availale upon request so I sent them an email. Will report back.

Walker
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 2, 2006, 08:36 PM

Apfhex
Mac Elite
Nov 2, 2006, 09:41 PM

I heard the iCurve 2 is coming, that's why it's sold out. I have one in like-new condition I'd sell ya for less than retail (of course), if you're interested.
Mac OS X 10.5.0, Mac Pro 2.66GHz/2 GB RAM/X1900 XT, 23" ACD
esdesign

Forum Links
Forum Rules