Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Font Question

Font Question
Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 4, 2004, 12:28 PM

I'm trying to help out a friend of mine who recently purchased a 12" Albook. He wanted to install some extra fonts onto his computer so he went to CompUSA and bought a package that included over 2,000 fonts. On the box the requirements said it supported Windows but it didn't mention anything about Macintosh. I told him that if the box contains TrueType fonts then it shouldn't matter because I know Macs can read TrueType fonts. So he bought the packaged and later we installed the fonts onto his PowerBook. We opened up FontBook to browse through all of the fonts that were installed. He found a font call "Stencil" that he wanted to use on a logo that he's creating. I double click on it in FontBook which lists it as installed. The problem is the Stencil font doesn't show up in the font menu of any application (Illustrator, Word, ect). I thought maybe he had too many fonts installed so I went back into FontBook and disable all but 100 fonts. The Stencil font still does not show up in the application's font menu. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

Forum Links
Forum Rules