Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > OT: Any boards like this for Sony Vega?

OT: Any boards like this for Sony Vega?
bigsmoke07
Forum Regular
Apr 22, 2002, 10:19 PM

I have a 36" flat screen two years old, now I see green areas in the top right and left of my screen...urgh! what is that?

pdjr
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 23, 2002, 11:59 AM

This is MacNN. Have you attempted to visit the Sony page and look for yourself?

drewman
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 23, 2002, 02:40 PM

At some time you had speakers that weren't magnetically shielded or some other magnet near your screen. You need to get it de-gaussed which is basically bringing a large electromagnet near the screen to make the whole shadow mask behind the glass of the tv not have magnetic hot spots.

A TV shop can do it for you, or you can rent a de-gausser which should come with instructions.

And this is a Mac forum, there are forums for hacking and fixing Sony TV's. Use google to find them.

drewman

SOLIDAge
Mac Elite
Apr 23, 2002, 03:02 PM

while yes this is completly off topic i have to ask
i have a 20'' Wega as well and when inputs are selected, watching a DVD or when changing the channel and its suppose to be BLACK in the background its actually an amber red colour with red lines going across the screen. Any ideas? called sony they don't have a clue

Forum Links
Forum Rules