Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Mocking stupid people: the wonder of Break 'N Bakes

Mocking stupid people: the wonder of Break 'N Bakes (Page 2)
hayesk
Nov 11, 2007, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by shifuimam View Post
If you don't know what Toll House Break 'N Bakes are, you lead a sheltered life.
If you've never had home-made cookies made from scratch you lead a sheltered life. I'll take home-made cookies over packaged crap any day.

Kevin
Baninated
Nov 11, 2007, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by hayesk View Post
People bake things all over the world and have done so before the US even existed. I wish the original poster said where she was from.
Why would it matter? I think some of you are giving her a hard time for no reason.

shifuimam  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 11, 2007, 02:14 PM

Jesus H. Christ. Did you miss the part where I mentioned that I do make cookies?

Break N Bakes are handy as hell in some situations. I've had cookies from scratch. I make cookies from scratch. Y'all completely missed the point of the thread, which was asking what kind of things you've seen people do that were just so idiotic you had to laugh.

Not judging me for buying fricking Break N Bakes once in awhile. Jeez.
Sell or send me your vintage Mac things if you don't want them.

BlueSky
Mac Elite
Nov 11, 2007, 02:30 PM

Sometimes I throw a Bacon Break into the microwave when I'm not in the mood for the whole pig.

abe
Professional Poster
Nov 11, 2007, 06:31 PM

If you've never had home-made cookies made from scratch you lead a sheltered life. I'll take home-made cookies over packaged crap any day.
Debbi Fields makes a pretty darned good cookie.

It was all about taking control of her life. So Debbi Fields, a young mother with no business experience, opened her first cookie store in Palo Alto, California in 1977. They told her she was crazy. No business could survive just selling cookies. Humble beginnings launched Mrs. Fields® into a worldwide celebrity and made her company the premier chain of cookie and baked goods stores.

Headstrong determination. A dynamic personality. A sincere concern for people. They all played a role in Debbi Fields' success. But quality, more than anything, accounts for Mrs. Fields® ' worldwide acceptance. The mission has always been to create the highest quality product possible - every time. That commitment has yielded products like no others, deeply satisfying personal indulgences that consumers just can't get enough of.

To extend her vision, Mrs. Fields® began franchising in 1990... It's now the rarest of franchise opportunities. A new dynamic opportunity that's backed by name recognition and approval from worldwide consumers. An opportunity for you, like Debbi, to take control of your life.

"The important thing is not being afraid to take a chance. Remember, the greatest failure is to not try. Once you find something you love to do, be the best at doing it."
About Us - MrsFields.com

Debra's Special!
America should know the political orientation of government officials who might be in a position to adversely influence the future of this country. http://tinyurl.com/4vucu5

Silky Voice of The Gorn
Mac Elite
Nov 11, 2007, 08:09 PM

I used to "break 'n bake" back in college, but I can assure you it didn't involve cookies.

Dakarʒ
Professional Poster
Nov 12, 2007, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
Fine then, I don't want your stupid signature. You would probably screw it up anyway!
You're probably right, it had too many elements for me to deal with correctly.

Originally Posted by Railroader View Post
Anyone else think this whole thread is ironic?
Like rain on my wedding day.

Kevin
Baninated
Nov 12, 2007, 10:16 AM

Not judging me for buying fricking Break N Bakes once in awhile. Jeez.
It's an "elitist" crowd. Get used to it.

talisker
Mac Elite
Nov 12, 2007, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
It's an "elitist" crowd. Get used to it.
It is interesting that a forum on a website dedicated to a company with a slogan of "Think Different" contains so many posts by people criticising anyone who does or says anything different to them (such as use Break 'N' Bake).

abe
Professional Poster
Nov 12, 2007, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by talisker View Post
It is interesting that a forum on a website dedicated to a company with a slogan of "Think Different" contains so many posts by people criticising anyone who does or says anything different to them (such as use Break 'N' Bake).
Very good point. I once made mention of that same observation after recognizing how parochial many here seemed to be and I suggested that Apple users thunk "inside the box." Many of them took great offense at this accusation and it became a real tempest in a teapot here for a few days in one thread. Well, what do you think happened?

YouTube - Apple Mac Guy VS PC Guy = 15 short Ads

(Pay particular attention at about the 4:08 elapsed mark.)

A Mac vs PC inside/outside the box ad appeared on TV.

I'm used to that sort of thing by now. It's happened enough that some people follow me around waiting to make use of the ideas, phrases, concepts and things that I toss off. And I don't really mind as I feel it's my contribution to the world for the blessings I've received in life.

But then again the Apple ad was probably a coincidence.

We live in "The Age of Deniability."©
America should know the political orientation of government officials who might be in a position to adversely influence the future of this country. http://tinyurl.com/4vucu5

abe
Professional Poster
Nov 12, 2007, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Dakarʒ View Post
Like rain on my wedding day.
What? Are you a Weatherman? Sell brollies? What?

hayesk
Nov 12, 2007, 08:48 PM

Why would it matter? I think some of you are giving her a hard time for no reason.
It matters because the original poster felt it was worthy of mention. When he said the person was "let's just say not from the U.S" he implied that country of origin mattered. If so, then the origin will help us decide if that person should have known better to leave cookie dough out at room temperature.

abe
Professional Poster
Nov 12, 2007, 10:04 PM

Maybe they thought it was like marzipan.

Kevin
Baninated
Nov 12, 2007, 10:13 PM

Maybe she was just a melon head.

abe
Professional Poster
Nov 13, 2007, 01:49 AM

Maybe she was just a melon head.
She sounds delicious.

The New York Nerd � Watermelon Carving

StrengthDesign
Banned
Nov 13, 2007, 01:53 AM

Actually, I used to eat these frozen cookie patties all the time growing up. My first job had them in the freezer. They're so full of preservatives that you don't really need to worry about anything. Just wrap in paper towel, wait to become slightly soft, and enjoy. They're absolutely delicious.

abe
Professional Poster
Nov 13, 2007, 02:08 AM

It matters because the original poster felt it was worthy of mention. When he said the person was "let's just say not from the U.S" he implied that country of origin mattered. If so, then the origin will help us decide if that person should have known better to leave cookie dough out at room temperature.
Maybe the person was an Inuit. Room temperature is always near freezing in an igloo I'd bet.

Dakarʒ
Professional Poster
Nov 13, 2007, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by abe View Post
What? Are you a Weatherman? Sell brollies? What?
Four question marks, interesting.

shifuimam  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2007, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by abe View Post
Maybe they thought it was like marzipan.

I've heard that stuff is disgusting.
Sell or send me your vintage Mac things if you don't want them.

abe
Professional Poster
Nov 13, 2007, 09:40 AM

I've never tried it because I thought it looked like raw cookie dough that had been left out at room temperature.

abe
Professional Poster
Nov 13, 2007, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Dakarʒ View Post
Four question marks, interesting.
Hey! I've found the secret to internets popularity! Using lots of questions mark! Mr. Jones and me, we're gonna be big stars!

abe
Professional Poster
Nov 13, 2007, 09:50 AM

Especially when a fly gets caught in the dough (front row, second from right). Ewww.

moonmonkey
Professional Poster
Nov 14, 2007, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by BlueSky View Post
Sometimes I throw a Bacon Break into the microwave when I'm not in the mood for the whole pig.
Thats just plain lazy.

Forum Links
Forum Rules