Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: Good PowerMac G4 parts. no trades, need money.

FS: Good PowerMac G4 parts. no trades, need money.
MORT A POTTY
Senior User
Jan 3, 2006, 11:57 PM

UPDATED: see a lower post for more items, slashed prices, and an updated list of what I still have.

Thanks.

__________________________________________________ ______

PENDING SALE GigaDesigns dual 1.42Ghz upgrade (sold from them as dual 1.8Ghz) complete in box, perfect working order, etc. etc. works up to dual 1.8Ghz w/o issue, i have the jumpers set to 1.73 though. well, dip switches actually... anyhow. Dual 7447A PowerPC G4 CPUs.

price: 425 shipped

Original Apple CPU/heatsink from my Quicksilver 2001 PowerMac. 867Mhz, 2MB L2 Cache, Motorola 7455 processor.

140 shipped (that heatsink ain't light).

PENDING SALE ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB GPU. AGP 2x/4x. DVI + VGA + S-Video out. includes all "real" items included w/ it like cables and stuff. I'll include the original HSF as well if you want it. has an ATI Silencer installed on it for silent cooling. also I've stuck some mini RAM sinks on the VRAM chips they would fit on. works perfectly. has a bit of dust on the inside of the edges of the fan compartment but everything still works quite well. takes up adjacent PCI slot because of the cooler.

Price: 170 shipped

512MB PC133 SDRAM sticks. I have three of these. one is Viking and the other two are Infineon. all work just fine.

price (shipped): 175 for all of 'em or 75 each.

SOLD 3-port USB 2.0, 2-port FireWire 400 PCI card. no drivers required. works on OS X and I'm not sure about OS 9 but I believe it does there as well, but don't hold me to it. I really loved this sucker... so much expandability, so little space taken up... wouldn't be selling if the new PMs were PCI.

Price: 20 shipped.

SOLD Pioneer DVR-109 w/ firmware upgraded somewhat recently. DL DVD±R/RW. black drive). no front bezel, but I'll probably find it before it gets sold, but as of now, no front bezel will be included. works out of the box in Mac OS and is natively supported w/ all apps.

price = 25 shipped.

all hardware is in working order. all parts required for operation will be included. all items will be packed properly to ensure a safe journey to it's eventual second home. all sales final since I'm about to spend every last penny this ill give me but I promise it all works just fine. Blah blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda.
( Last edited by MORT A POTTY; Jan 14, 2006 at 07:08 PM. )

MORT A POTTY  (op)
Senior User
Jan 4, 2006, 12:44 AM

optical drive is sold.

sledsbehave
Senior User
Jan 4, 2006, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by MORT A POTTY
optical drive is sold.
doh!

too late for that one.
as ever,
sonny

ringos
Jan 4, 2006, 10:09 AM

PM/questions sent.

MORT A POTTY  (op)
Senior User
Jan 4, 2006, 01:41 PM

dual 1.8 Giga upgrade and the Radeon 9800 are both pending so, consider them gone for now.

and the optical drive is gone too.

MORT A POTTY  (op)
Senior User
Jan 5, 2006, 01:19 PM

all that remains is the three 512MB sticks of PC133 SDRAM. one stick of Viking and the other two are Infineon, and then the original Apple CPU MPC 7455B (IIRC) @ 867Mhz w/ 2MB L2 cache. includes original heatsink and clips and all that.

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 5, 2006, 01:25 PM

It's not gonna be a 7455B, should be a 7450.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

MORT A POTTY  (op)
Senior User
Jan 5, 2006, 01:30 PM

very well could be.

MORT A POTTY  (op)
Senior User
Jan 5, 2006, 03:10 PM

RAM is now 50 bucks each, shipped to the contiguous 48 states. five bucks extra for international shipping.

MORT A POTTY  (op)
Senior User
Jan 13, 2006, 03:29 AM

bump ,,,,?

MORT A POTTY  (op)
Senior User
Jan 14, 2006, 02:34 PM

I'm lowering the price of the 867Mhz Quicksilver CPU + heatsink. 125 shipped. again, add five bucks extra for canadian.

MORT A POTTY  (op)
Senior User
Jan 14, 2006, 07:04 PM

NEW ITEMS!!!!!!
-----------------------------------------------------
Apple AirPort card. Apple no longer makes these so get it now while there are still a few floating around.

$120 shipped
----------------------------------------------------
Sonnet Tempo SATA PCI card + cables
Add two SATA ports to any PCI equipped Mac. I'll include two SATA cables and a splitter/adapter that you can plug a power supply into and will give you two SATA power connectors and a pass-through for the 4-pin connector. all of these accessories must be purchased separately if you buy this card new, but I will save you the trouble and include them w/ the card.

$75 shipped

ITEMS LEFT FROM PREVIOUS STUFF, PRICE DROPS!!!!
512MB PC133 SDRAM sticks. I have two of these. Both are Infineon brand RAM and worked fine in my Quicksilver 2001.

price (shipped): $50 each
Original Apple CPU/heatsink from my Quicksilver 2001 PowerMac. 867Mhz, 2MB L3 Cache, Motorola 745x processor.

125 bucks shipped

NOTE: all prices include shipping to anywhere in the continental united states, please add 5 dollars for shipping to canada because it's a pain in the ass and costs more. All items are sold as-is, but they do work as I was using them till my logic board died and now I gotta sell it all to pay off my new iMac, but as-is because I cannot afford to refund anything that you are not happy with for some reason or another (second thoughts would be about the only thing I can think of).
( Last edited by MORT A POTTY; Jan 14, 2006 at 07:18 PM. )

drgvas
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 22, 2006, 02:44 AM

Hello, I would be interested in the Pioneer 109 if you still have it. Just email me at [email protected].

Originally Posted by MORT A POTTY
UPDATED: see a lower post for more items, slashed prices, and an updated list of what I still have.

Thanks.

__________________________________________________ ______

PENDING SALE GigaDesigns dual 1.42Ghz upgrade (sold from them as dual 1.8Ghz) complete in box, perfect working order, etc. etc. works up to dual 1.8Ghz w/o issue, i have the jumpers set to 1.73 though. well, dip switches actually... anyhow. Dual 7447A PowerPC G4 CPUs.

price: 425 shipped

Original Apple CPU/heatsink from my Quicksilver 2001 PowerMac. 867Mhz, 2MB L2 Cache, Motorola 7455 processor.

140 shipped (that heatsink ain't light).

PENDING SALE ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB GPU. AGP 2x/4x. DVI + VGA + S-Video out. includes all "real" items included w/ it like cables and stuff. I'll include the original HSF as well if you want it. has an ATI Silencer installed on it for silent cooling. also I've stuck some mini RAM sinks on the VRAM chips they would fit on. works perfectly. has a bit of dust on the inside of the edges of the fan compartment but everything still works quite well. takes up adjacent PCI slot because of the cooler.

Price: 170 shipped

512MB PC133 SDRAM sticks. I have three of these. one is Viking and the other two are Infineon. all work just fine.

price (shipped): 175 for all of 'em or 75 each.

SOLD 3-port USB 2.0, 2-port FireWire 400 PCI card. no drivers required. works on OS X and I'm not sure about OS 9 but I believe it does there as well, but don't hold me to it. I really loved this sucker... so much expandability, so little space taken up... wouldn't be selling if the new PMs were PCI.

Price: 20 shipped.

SOLD Pioneer DVR-109 w/ firmware upgraded somewhat recently. DL DVD±R/RW. black drive). no front bezel, but I'll probably find it before it gets sold, but as of now, no front bezel will be included. works out of the box in Mac OS and is natively supported w/ all apps.

price = 25 shipped.

all hardware is in working order. all parts required for operation will be included. all items will be packed properly to ensure a safe journey to it's eventual second home. all sales final since I'm about to spend every last penny this ill give me but I promise it all works just fine. Blah blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda.

MORT A POTTY  (op)
Senior User
Jan 23, 2006, 03:11 PM

no, it's been sold.

All RAM has now been sold as well. everything else is still available.

Forum Links
Forum Rules