Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > Disney's Bob Iger buys $1 million in Apple stock

Disney's Bob Iger buys $1 million in Apple stock
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Nov 21, 2012, 09:07 AM

On Monday Disney CEO Bob Iger bought $1 million in Apple stock, according to a filing with the US Securities and Exchange Commission. The transaction comes just a week after Iger's sale of 1 million shares in Disney, pulling in a net $17.9 million. Iger joined Apple's board of directors in November 2011 as the company tried to fill in the gap left by former CEO Steve Jobs.

Regarding Iger's Disney sell-off, a Disney spokeswoman has previously stated that the executive is "just diversifying his investments and still has a very large portfolio of Disney stock." The extra investment in Apple -- Iger bought $1 million in Apple shares a year ago -- is presumably a part of that diversification. It may also serve as a sign of confidence in Apple, which has otherwise seen its shares slide significantly in the past several weeks.

Bobfozz
Nov 21, 2012, 01:43 PM

Iger's a good guy and I am sure he will be good for Apple. I wish Apple would get rid of Al Gore. Is he a Washington DC insider or what? How does he help Apple at all?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 21, 2012, 04:16 PM

How do you know that Iger is a good guy?

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Nov 22, 2012, 02:54 AM

And that Al Gore isn't?

OkieDoc
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 22, 2012, 06:55 AM

I miss the "plus 1" button for these comments

Royce Mathew
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 13, 2012, 04:06 AM

In regards to Robert Iger, Michael Eisner and the Walt Disney Company,

I have documented with photo proof of certain Walt Disney Company employees (a public company) being involved with criminal and illegal acts, of which would include conspiracy and fraud among certain employees, with which to avoid being accountable, as they all continue to financially profit from these acts.

Additionally, what the big picture is that the Walt Disney Company has become home to a group of individuals who act like a slick gang - aka “gangsters”, who would include Robert A. Iger, Michael D. Eisner, Sanford “Sandy” Litvack, Martin “Marty” Sklar, Jerry Bruckheimer, and their Disney associates Jason Surrell, Ted Elliott and Terry Rossio, who continue to profit from utilizing the company resources to commit criminal and illegal acts, while pretending that follow the law, while justifying that they answer to no one.

I have repeatedly written electronic letters posted directly to the Walt Disney Company and its governing board of directors, however, they are either all ignored or the Walt Disney Company refuses to investigate. Furthermore, the Walt Disney Company publicly proclaims on their own website, that anyone can notify them of any criminal and illegal acts done by any of its employees - however, to date, the Walt Disney Company justifies ignoring the seriousness of this matter, by falsely declaring that it is related to previous legal proceedings over copyright, and that they will not address it whatsoever. Even when given and presented with photo proof documents, the Walt Disney Company ignores, refuses and justifies doing nothing. They continue to reward Jerry Bruckheimer, Marty Sklar, Ted Elliott, Terry Rossio and Jason Surrell. Thus to date, the Walt Disney Company, including Robert Iger, continues to profit from documented criminal and illegal acts without any fear of any ramifications.

I welcome all interviews and investigations -

Royce Mathew

disneylawsuit (dot) com

Forum Links
Forum Rules