Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Are indictments coming?

Are indictments coming?
Millennium
Clinically Insane
Jun 10, 2004, 10:14 AM

Um... huh? Where'd the original post go? As I post this, the thread appears to be empty; I can't even see the original post.

Therefore, I ask: who is supposed to be indicted, and why?
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 10, 2004, 10:14 AM

I am quite certain that somewhere, indictments are indeed coming.

MacGorilla
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 10, 2004, 10:15 AM

The truth is out there, somewhere
Power Macintosh Dual G4
SGI Indigo2 6.5.21f

angaq0k
Mac Elite
Jun 10, 2004, 10:15 AM

Originally posted by Millennium:
Um... huh? Where'd the original post go? As I post this, the thread appears to be empty; I can't even see the original post.

Therefore, I ask: who is supposed to be indicted, and why?
Note: I tried to post this 3 times and got an empty space instead. The text is as follow:

According to this:

COUP D'ETAT:
The Real Reason Tenet and Pavitt Resigned from the CIA on June 3rd and 4th

Bush, Cheney Indictments in Plame Case Looming

by Michael C. Ruppert additional reporting by Wayne Madsen from Washington

� Copyright 2004, From The Wilderness Publications, www.fromthewilderness.com. All Rights Reserved. May be reprinted, distributed or posted on an Internet web site for non-profit purposes only.

JUNE 8, 2004 1600 PDT (FTW) - Why did DCI George Tenet suddenly resign on June 3rd, only to be followed a day later by James Pavitt, the CIA's Deputy Director of Operations (DDO)?

The real reasons, contrary to the saturation spin being put out by major news outlets, have nothing to do with Tenet's role as taking the fall for alleged 9/11 and Iraqi intelligence "failures" before the upcoming presidential election.

Both resignations, perhaps soon to be followed by resignations from Colin Powell and his deputy Richard Armitage, are about the imminent and extremely messy demise of George W. Bush and his Neocon administration in a coup d'etat being executed by the Central Intelligence Agency. The coup, in the planning for at least two years, has apparently become an urgent priority as a number of deepening crises threaten a global meltdown.

Based upon recent developments, it appears that long-standing plans and preparations leading to indictments and impeachment of Bush, Cheney and even some senior cabinet members have been accelerated, possibly with the intent of removing or replacing the entire Bush regime prior to the Republican National Convention this August.
There were two things we didn't get right. One was the timing. We predicted the developments taking place now as likely to happen after the November election, not before. Secondly, we did not foresee the sudden resignations of Tenet and Pavitt. Understanding the resignations is the key to understanding a deteriorating world scene and that America is on the precipice of a presidential and constitutional crisis that will ultimately dwarf the removal of Richard Nixon in 1974.
Note: the article is pretty strongly opinionated about Neocons.

How farfetched do you believe this is?
"******* politics is for the ******* moment. ******** equations are for ******** Eternity." ******** Albert Einstein

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 10, 2004, 11:30 AM

Interesting, but I don't know anything about this fromthewilderness website. Who are they?

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 10, 2004, 11:39 AM

Originally posted by angaq0k:
How farfetched do you believe this is?
Extremely? Extraordinarily? Massively?

But I wouldn't be surprised at all if some damaging things come out about the Plame case before the election.

Millennium  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jun 10, 2004, 11:45 AM

Tenet's resignation does not make sense in this light.

Think about it. There are three possibilities, given this conspiracy theory: either Tenet's in, he's not in but knows about it, or he's not in and doesn't know about it.

If he's in, then it makes no sense to resign. Whether or not he is the mastermind, his role in the thing would doubtless be too important, and that's not even taking into account everything he would stand to gain.

If he's not in but he knows about it, then it makes no sense to resign. As director of the CIA, he would have the ability to stop this, publicly or covertly, and would certainly have the Bush Administration's backing in this.

If he's not in and doesn't know about it, then it could not have affected the decision to resign, and so the point is moot.

All of this notwithstanding, there is no way that Bush could be removed from office prior to the GOP convention at this rate; there simply isn't time. Before that could happen, first Congress needs to hold hearings to decide whether or not to impeach him (this is analogous to the indictment process). Then, they have to actually impeach him (which, contrary to popular belief, is not the same as removing him; it is more analogous to a trial, with removal from office being one possible sentence). Only after that happens, and then only if Bush were actually convicted, could he actually be removed from office. There is no way that the whole process could possibly be finished by August; it just plain takes longer than that.

dcolton
Banned
Jun 14, 2004, 12:18 AM

My name is Angq0k. I have nothing better to do than look for anti-American news and post it on MacNN so I can feel good about being a canuck

Millennium  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jun 14, 2004, 08:59 AM

Originally posted by dcolton:
My name is Angq0k. I have nothing better to do than look for anti-American news and post it on MacNN so I can feel good about being a canuck
You're out of line, dcolton; that's possibly the most blatant personal attack out of you yet. I'll head off your protests now by stating exactly why it's being considered it's a personal attack: it's the "I have nothing better to do" and the "so I can feel good about being a canuck" that cross the line.

Your use of "canuck" as a slur is also rather damning of you.

Forum Links
Forum Rules