Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > I Need Help!

I Need Help!
Bradfordbrown
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 1, 2021, 05:47 AM

Hello friends. Recently, I bought a gaming PC; because I love to play games on PC. Every time I start a game on PC, 90% of my computer's CPU is being used. But GPU is being used only 10-15%. Guys, I don't understand why this is happening, and how to fix this problem. Can anyone help me with this? Any help will be appreciated.
The configuration of my computer is mentioned below:
10th Gen Intel Core i5-10400 processor
16GB, 2x8GB, DDR4, 2666MHz
GTX 1050ti
( Last edited by Bradfordbrown; Apr 1, 2021 at 05:48 AM. Reason: By misstak)

andi*pandi
Apr 1, 2021, 03:05 PM

Which games?

Bradfordbrown  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 2, 2021, 02:45 AM

That problem with my computer is not just for particular games, but for all kinds of small and big games. Such as the IGI series, FIFA, Call of Duty, Minecraft GTA, etc. There are also some big games; I am not saying their names at the moment.
( Last edited by Bradfordbrown; Apr 2, 2021 at 02:46 AM. Reason: Mistake)

reader50
Administrator
Apr 2, 2021, 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by Bradfordbrown View Post
Hello everyone. I haven't been able to resolve my computer's Internet problem in the last two days, that is, every time I try to connect to the Internet on my computer, the DNS server stops responding, the problem appears. I use the internet from my mobile phone. That’s why I have so many problems using my computer. Guys, I don't know why this happens and how to fix the problem. Help me solve the problem. Help is appreciated.
GTX 1050ti
Most likely you've specified an invalid DNS server. It doesn't "stop working" when you connect to the internet - it never works at all.

Edit your network settings, manually setting DNS to use 8.8.8.8 - that is a free google DNS server. Apply change, then see if URLs resolve normally.

Bradfordbrown  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 7, 2021, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Bradfordbrown View Post
Hello friends. Recently, I bought a gaming PC; because I love to play games on PC. Every time I start a game on PC, 90% of my computer's CPU is being used. But GPU is being used only 10-15%. Guys, I don't understand why this is happening, and how to fix this problem. Can anyone help me with this? Any help will be appreciated.
GTX 1050ti
I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. I solved that problem on my computer yesterday. After searching on Google, finally found a fix. My graphics driver was backdated, so I had to reinstall the graphics drivers after downloading them from the manufacturer’s website, and now the GPU is consuming 40% while the CPU stays at 50-60%.
( Last edited by andi*pandi; Apr 7, 2021 at 12:47 PM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules