Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > What's the best Apple Store around Dallas, Texas?

What's the best Apple Store around Dallas, Texas?
Silly Burrito
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 12, 2006, 10:03 AM

Our family is planning a trip to Canton, Texas, and we'll be staying in Tyler. Looking at Google Maps, there seem to be two or three stores around the Dallas area.

I've never been to an Apple store as the closest one to me now is four hours away in Houston. Since we'll only be an hour and a half away once we're in Canton, I'd like to visit one, but the wife isn't sounding happy about driving that far.

Are all Apple stores pretty similar? If not, which is the best one around the Dallas area to visit OR which one is close to a nice mall for her?

Thanks!
I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, don't even act like I didn't buy a doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".

turboSPE
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 13, 2006, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by Silly Burrito
Our family is planning a trip to Canton, Texas, and we'll be staying in Tyler. Looking at Google Maps, there seem to be two or three stores around the Dallas area.

I've never been to an Apple store as the closest one to me now is four hours away in Houston. Since we'll only be an hour and a half away once we're in Canton, I'd like to visit one, but the wife isn't sounding happy about driving that far.

Are all Apple stores pretty similar? If not, which is the best one around the Dallas area to visit OR which one is close to a nice mall for her?

Thanks!
The closest one to Canton (if it is where you say it is...) is the Knox Street store which is pretty convenient to all the major highways that run through Dallas (20, 35, 30, 45, and 75/Central Expy). It's relatively small and parking is a hassle, but it has pretty much everything there.

There is another one in Plano (a suburb of Dallas about 30 minutes north of the Knox Street store) inside the Willow Bend mall. The store is about the same size (maybe a bit bigger) and the mall is an upscale affair with all the major "nice" places (Neimans, etc.)--probably something your wife will like better

I always go to the Knox St. location since it's about 5 minutes away from my apartment, so YMMV. HTH!

turboSPE

Forum Links
Forum Rules