Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Bank of America- Evil?

Bank of America- Evil?
turboSPE
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 10, 2002, 01:21 AM

Does anyone here have experiences good or bad with Bank of America? I'm going to school in a different state soon and would like access to my accounts in both places. If not BoA, another national bank with locations in Dallas, TX and Nashville, TN? Thanks!

turboSPE

driven
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 10, 2002, 01:30 AM

I've had nothing but great experience with BOA. I have my mortgage with them so I gain the bonus of being an "Advantage" customer. Free checking (with interest), free savings, free safe deposit box, free checks, free online banking (which I think is free anyway), plus I have a priority customer service phone #. (Which they make good on).

I've been to quite a few banks and have been very disappointed. With BOA they really seem to bend out of their way for me. I'm VERY satisfied.
- MacBook Air M2 16GB / 512GB
- MacBook Pro 16" i9 2.4Ghz 32GB / 1TB
- MacBook Pro 15" i7 2.9Ghz 16GB / 512GB
- iMac i5 3.2Ghz 1TB
- G4 Cube 500Mhz / Shelf display unit / Museum display

Nebrie
Mac Elite
Mar 10, 2002, 01:39 AM

I have a BoA account and I've accessed my account in many, many different places with no problems at all.

flatcatch
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 10, 2002, 01:42 AM

I haven't had any trouble with BOA over the years other than the quite infrequent flake on their 800# when I need to take care of something. Free online banking is a nice touch.

Keep the rubber side down!

Krusty
Professional Poster
Mar 10, 2002, 02:24 AM

I've been with the east coast version of bank of america since they were NCNB, then NationsBank, then finally merged with BoA west coast to become the conglomerate they are.

Have been both extremely broke and rather well-off at various times during my tenure with them I must say the following:

If you are an "Advantange" -type member (because you have a mortgage or carry a high balance) they are great. If you are broke, they will nickel and dime you worse than most other banks I've seen. Since you're going to be a student, i don't know what kind of cost/service you'd get. Every bank has better terms for people with higher balances ... but BoA fees etc seem a little overboard for non Advantage-type accounts.

Technology-wise ... they are very good.

Forum Links
Forum Rules