Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > 7300/ibook network problem...can you help????

7300/ibook network problem...can you help????
SeSawaya
Mac Elite
Oct 18, 2001, 02:38 PM

Hi, newbe here.

I have a 7300/200 and an ibook 500. I want to network them together via file sharing with my ethernet cable. I had everything almost there and when I went to my chooser in the 7300 to select the ibook, it gave me a screen which said "name, password" WTF is this??? I didnt give it a password on the 7300. Dose this mean the ibook or the 7300? All I want to do is transfer files back and forth between the two. Is that so wrong!

Ok enough of my venting, ANY suggestions would be grea since I obviously have no idea what I'm doing
thanks

-Q-
Oct 18, 2001, 04:57 PM

Originally posted by SeSawaya:
<STRONG>Hi, newbe here.

I have a 7300/200 and an ibook 500. I want to network them together via file sharing with my ethernet cable. I had everything almost there and when I went to my chooser in the 7300 to select the ibook, it gave me a screen which said "name, password" WTF is this??? I didnt give it a password on the 7300. Dose this mean the ibook or the 7300? All I want to do is transfer files back and forth between the two. Is that so wrong!

Ok enough of my venting, ANY suggestions would be grea since I obviously have no idea what I'm doing
thanks

</STRONG>
That was the log-in screen for the iBook. When you set up file sharing, you have the option of connecting as a guest or a full user. Under the Users & Groups tab in the file sharing control panel is where you'll find the account set-up features. Once you set up a user name and password for yourself, you'll be able to connect without problems...

SeSawaya  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 19, 2001, 02:26 PM

thanks!!! I got it working. Had to upgrade the OS to 9.1 on the 7300 though.

have a good one!!!

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Oct 19, 2001, 05:53 PM

Originally posted by SeSawaya:
<STRONG>thanks!!! I got it working. Had to upgrade the OS to 9.1 on the 7300 though.

have a good one!!! </STRONG>

Really? What OS were you running before? Since it was through Appletalk it should have connected just fine with anything over OS 7.5.5
I personally have done it with 8.6 to many 9.x systems without having to upgrade the system

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

Forum Links
Forum Rules