Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > WTB: Seagate 160GB 2.5" ATA-100/PATA

WTB: Seagate 160GB 2.5" ATA-100/PATA
mad cow disease
Dedicated MacNNer
May 1, 2009, 11:39 PM

I am looking to upgrade my 15" Powerbook to have it last a few more years and hoping this will do the trick. Currently has an 80GB.

I would prefer drives still under warranty, if not new. Looking for model# ST9160821A, the 160GB Momentus 5400.3. Might also consider the 250GB WD PATA #WD2500BEVE hard drive if at the right price.

Please PM me whatever you have with how much you want. Heatware references available in abundance. Thanks.

Doc Juansinn
Senior User
May 2, 2009, 02:36 AM

The Seagate drive you are seeking is available new from OWC for $65. There may be other retailers who also stock this drive. Unless you can find a used drive for very cheap, you're probably better off buying new.

mad cow disease  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 2, 2009, 03:14 PM

There are plenty of retailers out there stocking the drive. I'm obviously here to see if I can score one cheaper.

Forum Links
Forum Rules