Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Disc Burner Woes

Disc Burner Woes
DrakeCaiman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 19, 2001, 01:28 AM

I was wondering if anybody can answer a couple of questions for me. First off, I have a Sony CRX100E/X2 and was able to install Disc Burner with no problems. After clearing up enough space for a disc and dragging and dropping the files, I received this error message:

"The burn operation could not be completed because the formatting application could not be found."

What is the formatting application, and how can I make it visible to Disc Burner? If there is an underlying problem, what is it, and how can I fix it? My second question, how come Disc Burner only lets me write CDs with about 456 MB capacities? Isn't there suppose to be 650 MB available? Can I remedy this?

DrakeCaiman  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 25, 2001, 08:48 AM

I forgot to add that I'm using an iMac (Revision A) and a refurbished Sony Spressa drive.

giantmike
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 28, 2001, 04:11 PM

It could be DiscBurner's way of saying "I don't like your CD-RW. I have that same spressa drive, and have not installed disc warrior in fear that it will not work. I fear that because I own the full version of Radialogic's CD Master (what Disc Burner was based off), and I could never get it to work with my Spressa Drive. You may to uninstall Dis Burner and use the included Discribe software.

------------------
The Mac Information Depot. Why go anywhere else?
Giantmike's Website - Version 5.0

warpmoon
Forum Regular
Mar 29, 2001, 06:50 AM

doesnt Discburner save all the files you want to burn in a disc image before you burn it?

My best (un)educated guess as to what could cause you to only be able to burn 456 mb discs is simply that you dont have enough disc space for an image that is bigger then that.

Forum Links
Forum Rules