Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > ALL MP3 PLAYERS DIE ON ME!

ALL MP3 PLAYERS DIE ON ME!
waffffffle
Mac Elite
Mar 27, 2001, 11:28 AM

I don't get it. Soundapp, SoundJam, iTunes. They all quit w/ an error type 2 when I try to play ANY MP3. I tried reinstalling 9.1 (I was using X and 9.1) I wiped my HD clean and reinstalled again, no luck. Did that twice, still no good. Then I even went so far as to wipe my HD clean again, but this time, boot without my external HD attached (which has my mp3s) I was thinking that maybe all 1100 of my files were corrupt or something. So I had to download iTunes and napster all over again just so I could download a song to attempt to play. And still no good! So then I opened up the computer and took out a 128 MB ram module that I installed yesterday (the mp3s were working fine with the module up until last night) and put back in my old 64 MB module. Still now good. What happened to my computer? Right now there is nothing on it that I had had before, it is completely clean, RAM and everything. Why do they all die? Oh, I should say that the plain old QT player will play mp3s, as well as "the mp3 alarm clock program" and I was able to get soundjam to play a file if it used "quicktime translation." Is the QT 4 on my OS 9.1 cd gone bad? Its the retail version that comes with OS X. I don't know what to do anymore, I need music! I have a Pismo 400 with 128/192 MB ram. Thanks to whoever can help me.

waffffffle  (op)
Mac Elite
Mar 27, 2001, 11:38 AM

I also tried downloading qt 5 to see if made a difference, but it didn't

oscar
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 28, 2001, 11:02 AM

You have any other related audio problems?

tonton
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 29, 2001, 01:21 AM

Reinstall the Sound Manager.
��n+�N

Got Vurt? Jeff Noon

Macfreak7
Mac Elite
Mar 29, 2001, 05:20 AM

reset pRAM

waffffffle  (op)
Mac Elite
Mar 29, 2001, 02:12 PM

none of those things worked. I;m also having huge problems with OS X. take a look at the threat "OS X buggy and crashes" in the OS X support and usage forum. I found that grey amp works but sounds horrible, and will sound good if you set it to use QT to play, but then it skips a lot.

Cipher13
Mar 29, 2001, 05:54 PM

Yah, its Sound Manager.
Install an older version of it.

------------------

waffffffle  (op)
Mac Elite
Mar 30, 2001, 08:31 PM

where do I get an older version? What version is old?

Forum Links
Forum Rules