Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Idisk mounting

Idisk mounting
Mike Pither
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 1, 2001, 04:22 PM

I have just signed up for itools. My e-mail account works fine but I cannot get my idisk to work. When I click on the "open your idisk" icon the page seems to refresh its self but nothing appears on my desk top even though my member name is showing next to the icon. I am using an iMac dvse 400 with OS9.04. I have tried both Intenet explorer 5 and Netscape but the result is the same zilch.
iMac DVSE 400 640mb + AL PB 15" with 1 gig + iMac 2,8 with 4gb + MacBook Pro 2,53 with 4gb

brown monk
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 1, 2001, 08:44 PM

I would say wait a couple of minutes and the iDisk icon should
appear on your desktop. The better your internet connection
the faster it will appear.

Hope this helps.
brown is sweeter
me_puter: outdated

ddiokno
Mac Elite
Apr 1, 2001, 10:48 PM

try mounting it through the chooser... select appleshare and then click on "server ip address" and enter idisk.mac.com ... at which point you should be prompted for your username and password. This should mount the idisk on your desktop.
good luck,
dave

Mike Pither  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 2, 2001, 05:33 PM

sorry but could you explain to me what are choser and appleshare and where to find them as I have my OS in Italian and I not sure where to look. I can find an extension (enabled) for appleshare but I can't find chooser at all. Thanks
iMac DVSE 400 640mb + AL PB 15" with 1 gig + iMac 2,8 with 4gb + MacBook Pro 2,53 with 4gb

posthumanus
Senior User
Apr 3, 2001, 01:53 AM

the chooser, as i recall, turned up under menu items when i did a clean install. i moved mine to the system folder because i rarely use it.

try hitting sherlock for the chooser location.

posthumanus.

ddiokno
Mac Elite
Apr 3, 2001, 06:12 AM

The "chooser" should be under your apple menu. When you select chooser, a window opens up and there should be an icon for "appleshare". Click on the appleshare icon. You should then get a window that has a button for "server ip address", this is where you would enter the idisk info.
dave

Mike Pither  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 3, 2001, 04:24 PM

Thanks guys my problem was not having the appleshare extension enabled. Once I enabled this I found the icon popped up in my "scelta risorse" (chooser in OS in Italian). Simple when you know what to look for and where !!

ddiokno
Mac Elite
Apr 3, 2001, 04:28 PM

Originally posted by Mike Pither:
Thanks guys my problem was not having the appleshare extension enabled. Once I enabled this I found the icon popped up in my "scelta risorse" (chooser in OS in Italian). Simple when you know what to look for and where !!
Great to hear! enjoy!
dave

Forum Links
Forum Rules