Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > Web Services

Web Services
pento
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 3, 2008, 01:28 AM

Hello,

I'd like to write a mac client that makes use of some web services(SOAP) my company is making available. I saw some articles on apple.com but they seemed a bit outdated - although it's possible there just haven't been any major advancements in cocoa with web services.

Anyone have any good pointers on where to start - good tutorials, comments etc? I could probably just go with the docs I saw on apple's site, but it seemed a bit low level. I'd rather not reinvent the wheel if there is already something out there.

I guess what I'm asking is, are there any mac developers out there utilizing SOAP web services, and if so, what are your thoughts and how successful have you been?

Thanks!
( Last edited by pento; May 3, 2008 at 01:43 AM. )

aarlof
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 31, 2008, 09:29 PM

Hi, I'm not a developer so I can't help you on your SOAP/webservices questions but I wanted to offer my assistance on the design of your application's interface. I work with a partner (my mentor) doing interface review, evaluation and provide design recommendations and can offer an NDA to ensure any private intellectual property owned by your company remains private.

My skills include user experience and interface design, graphic design, icon creation for web and desktop apps and type design. I use Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Omnigraffle, TextMate and other useful Mac apps.

If interested, send me a private message through this forum and I can provide more detail on how I can help you.

Thanks,
Aaron

Arkham_c
Mac Elite
Jun 2, 2008, 01:34 PM

I do SOAP/Web services development, and I use a Mac, but I generally do all of my work in Java. You could probably use the Java Cocoa bridge if you wanted to go that route.
Mac Pro 2x 2.66 GHz Dual core, Apple TV 160GB, two Windows XP PCs

Thinine
Mac Elite
Jun 2, 2008, 03:40 PM

The Java-Cocoa bridge is no longer supported. There are probably some Cocoa SOAP frameworks out there if you look.

Love Calm Quiet
Mac Elite
Jun 7, 2008, 12:06 AM

For questions about development, I often like to use del.icio.us (rather than google) - finding that there is more wheat and less chaff.
For example, searching on [cocoa SOAP] there I get 82 possibilities. See:

del.icio.us search for "cocoa SOAP"

Hope some are helpful
TOMBSTONE: "He's trashed his last preferences"

Forum Links
Forum Rules